Disney Magic Kingdoms

I'm almost ready to welcome Buzz... it's taking awhile to collect his special items. I can welcome Rex now but it takes a ridiculous number of gems, I think 275 or around that much. AND I can unlock the area below California Screamin' but it costs 25,000 magic. It seems like you have to spend real money to get ahead in this game.
I have one more Ray Gun to collect but I haven't gotten any Ears yet. Just spent another $5 on gems to build Parachute Drop because that gives you a chance on both Ray Gun and Buzz Ears. Rex is 295 Gems and I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that since, like Pluto, Rex has no other Welcoming requirements, Rex will possibly be offered at a special promotion price. At least I'm hoping so, I've already spent $14 on this "free"game.

Anyone unlock Monsters Inc. characters yet? Wondering when they open up. I'm still trying to get BoPeep & Sarge unlocked, those random items can be quiet hard to get for them it seems.
I go back and forth on working on quests or characters to unlock, seems like I'm stuck with lots of Woody quests at the moment.
Mike is the first Monsters Inc character you will be able to unlock, and it says to unlock him you "need to complete more Toy Story quests". So you're going to have to welcome Bo Peep, Sarge, Hamm, and Buzz before Mike will be available. I have all of them except Buzz right now (working on him) and I still haven't unlocked Mike. Just keep working on the quests that you have and eventually you'll start unlocking and welcoming more characters. Is your happiness meter maxed out, because when it is you'll get a 10% increased chance of character collectible drops.

Last edited:
I've been playing this since it launched and I'm currently at #5899 on the Lifetime Visitors Leaderboard. Clearly some people are spending serious money on this.

My Pluto had to nap twice before I got another Goofy quest. Just reporting, in case anyone else sends him for a nap, and the quest disappears but nothing happens.

#35,113 myself. Been playing sporadically since launch. Haven't put any money into it either and probably don't plan to.
I hadn't planned to either, but I've already dropped $14 on it. I think I'm done with that unless they have another Pluto style promotion.

"Send Jessie to perform a 'yodeo' act". I can't get this quest finished! I think I've done about every option she has and can't finish the quest. Any insight. Thanks in advance! °O°

what i don't get is the apparent love triangle between Jessie, Woody and Bo Peep? Jessie gazes lovingly in Woody's direction yet seems oblivious that his eye has been caught the shallow sheep loser... only seen TS1, does the answer lie in the films or am I reading too much into it?

"Send Jessie to perform a 'yodeo' act". I can't get this quest finished! I think I've done about every option she has and can't finish the quest. Any insight. Thanks in advance! °O°
When you select the quest "Send Jesse to Perform a Yodeo Act" and her task page comes up, you won't see anything about a Yodeo Act. The top task on the list is the one you select, I can't remember what it was called right now, but that's the one. After you select it you should see a timer icon appear in your quest list. Hope this helps.

what i don't get is the apparent love triangle between Jessie, Woody and Bo Peep? Jessie gazes lovingly in Woody's direction yet seems oblivious that his eye has been caught the shallow sheep loser... only seen TS1, does the answer lie in the films or am I reading too much into it?
First, stop what you're doing and go watch Toy Story 2 and 3! The only other thing I'll say is, wait until you've welcomed Buzz.

When you select the quest "Send Jesse to Perform a Yodeo Act" and her task page comes up, you won't see anything about a Yodeo Act. The top task on the list is the one you select, I can't remember what it was called right now, but that's the one. After you select it you should see a timer icon appear in your quest list. Hope this helps.
Just tried! Thanks! I'll let you know! :)

Help! My Happiness level is stuck at 99%. I am on the Ecstatic level but every time I collect a new smiley face, my meter very briefly flicks to 100% but then drops back to 99%. I have emailed customer care but their only solution so far is to close out the game and reboot my phone. I have done this several times but it hasn't worked. Is anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Help! My Happiness level is stuck at 99%. I am on the Ecstatic level but every time I collect a new smiley face, my meter very briefly flicks to 100% but then drops back to 99%. I have emailed customer care but their only solution so far is to close out the game and reboot my phone. I have done this several times but it hasn't worked. Is anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions on how to fix it?
Mine does that too... I just thought I maxed out. Not so?

I was a little surprised by the "Go send Bo Peep to spend Quality Time with Woody" Quest. Which, of course I am stuck at, because I FINALLY welcomed Bo Peep after getting those parts, and now she needs level 2 just to go ahem...."spend quality time" with Woody.

I don't see where there is any benefit after you are already in the Ecstatic level. I'm only at 50%, but there is no additional level, so from what I can see, it doesn't matter.

I have read the replies, but I'm not clear- has anyone been able to defeat Pete without welcoming Pluto? I also didn't jump on the "special" and now I don't want to pay 4.99 for the level of gems that isn't even enough to get Pluto. As far as needing 25,000 magic to unlock a new section, I might just have that by the time I get there since the only thing I seem to be doing is 6 and 8 hour tasks just to get parts! :(

[/QUOTE]I have read the replies, but I'm not clear- has anyone been able to defeat Pete without welcoming Pluto? I also didn't jump on the "special" and now I don't want to pay 4.99 for the level of gems that isn't even enough to get Pluto. As far as needing 25,000 magic to unlock a new section, I might just have that by the time I get there since the only thing I seem to be doing is 6 and 8 hour tasks just to get parts! :([/QUOTE]

I just beat Pete this weekend without Pluto. It just takes longer. You have to send either Mickey, Goofy, or Pluto to make noise at Pete 5 times for 8 hours... You can send 3 at a time so without Pluto I sent Mickey and Goofy twice at the same time, then Mickey one more time.

I have read the replies, but I'm not clear- has anyone been able to defeat Pete without welcoming Pluto? I also didn't jump on the "special" and now I don't want to pay 4.99 for the level of gems that isn't even enough to get Pluto. As far as needing 25,000 magic to unlock a new section, I might just have that by the time I get there since the only thing I seem to be doing is 6 and 8 hour tasks just to get parts! :([/QUOTE]

I just beat Pete this weekend without Pluto. It just takes longer. You have to send either Mickey, Goofy, or Pluto to make noise at Pete 5 times for 8 hours... You can send 3 at a time so without Pluto I sent Mickey and Goofy twice at the same time, then Mickey one more time.[/QUOTE]

Good to know thanks Mlls10, I'm determined to beat this game without spending a penny...

There's nothing wrong, you're at the max happiness level. From now on you just need to keep it from dropping below 0% when you would move down from ecstatic to the joyous level and lose your 10% drop bonus.

Is there a task that says to go make noise at Pete? I've been upgrading Goofy and Mickey a lot but I don't see any tasks about making noise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter