Disney Magic Kingdoms

IOS game, battling Hans. Windows game...finally welcomed Elsa. I got up twice last night to collect tokens. First time I needed 1 Tiara, 2 Ear Hats...only got 1 Tiara. Second time I did get the last two hats. But I felt like "this time I'll have enough" since about 2:00 in the afternoon and it took another 12 hours. We'll see how far I can get in this game before the event ends. But if Elsa's tokens continue to take so long to drop, it will delay me from getting her leveled to 3 and start certain tasks.

As for snowflake collecting, I haven't felt like I've been behind in either game. Olaf and Kristoff are basically on Snowflake collection full-time unless they have an event task or are collecting tokens to Welcome a new character. Once, I collect enough snowflakes for my next intended upgrade, then can collect character tokens. Anna has been quest heavy, but when she is free she collects Snowflakes too. I use the other characters to collect most of the character tokens. In between snowflakes, I have the characters collect 2 bags. If a character has a character token to earn, and also ropes, I send for a rope first, then the character token a few minutes later.
That's exactly my strategy formsnowflakes until th Hans battle arrived. Once I've got him welcomed I'll go back to it. I didn't have any trouble keeping my mad snowflakes filled while doing this

I'm in the process of tapping on those $@&! clouds. :upsidedow

Adding my two cents...I didn't have a problem welcome Elsa but I'm also playing all the time.

All. The. Time.

I have that luxury though but my husband and college-aged daughter have had a rough time. Neither will most likely get Hans. As others have said, I don't think the developers took into consideration the holidays or that people simply have lives that don't allow for 24/7 gaming.

Back to tapping...

And there will still be fools who pay it.

And if they do (which they will) the game developers will get even more greedy and will make it even harder to get all the characters next time. They were already greedy in putting 2 gem characters into this round. I am not sure it's possible to finish this without Olaf and/or Sven in time.

Just a thought:

Those of us on this board play regularly - probably more than regularly. Sometimes (when collecting bags and ropes) I'm on the game every 6 minutes. And yet, many of us, on this board, will not be able to complete this event. I haven't even started battling Hans the first time. And I've been on top of this game.

My experience with the Incredible event - I played ALL the time, defeated syndrome, but missed out on getting him by 2 hats.
NBC - I had to miss 2 days of play, barely even got Sally.

How do the developers expect a "normal" player to get far enough into an event to make it worthwhile?

Not sure it's possible. I am most of the way to getting Hans' items, so no personal complaint from me on this front. I'm pretty sure I will get him (unless I don't get another hat in the next 3 days). But I had to get 2 gem characters to get to this place. I'll make an unpopular statement and say that they want it this way. They want your $20 and are putting time pressure to get it. :( It's making me like this game less and less each time something like this happens. I don't play at night, don't play ALL day, but I do have more time to play than others. There are complaints on the FB page that people still don't even have Elsa at this point.

Second round of tapping clouds for me here now. Hoping I will get to welcome Hans but not looking good. Hopefully I will have enough to purchase remaining items if need be (I just like to have the complete set). The Canadian price for him is too rich for my blood :)

Okay, I'm in the process of welcoming Hans. With both Olaf and Sven, it took me a little less than a day to accumulate all his items, starting off with all the snowflakes beforehand. So, even with purchasing the two premium characters (with saved-up gems, rather than cash), and playing all the freaking time, including some waking up in the middle of the night (I'm doggedly competitive about the mini-events), I still managed to finish this event with only just under four days to go. I don't think it would be possible for anyone who didn't play way too much or who hadn't been playing long enough to amass a bunch of gems. I disapprove. I'll also point out that, while Oogie Boogie has had some limited utility during this event, otherwise he's pretty useless, and Syndrome was useless from the day I got him. I anticipate that, after we've gone to all the effort and/or possibly expense, that Hans will be fairly worthless, too.

I'm so stuck! I JUST started the first Hans battle (I work a retail job full time in the holidays) and I just don't have as much time to play as I did the the NBC event. I have every character but Syndrome because i was not a big player when the incredibles event started and did not really know how the events worked (that is when I discovered this board). So since then I said I'd somehow make it to get every character. I know I will not be getting Hans, but $20?!?! That's steep for an app game! But do I also want to break my collection? Tough choice..

I'm welcoming Hans now. Like toinettec said, I find Syndrome to be pretty useless (and frankly all the NBC characters have been that way for me) so I'm not sure how much it's worth it to get him. I don't like to positively reinforce their greed by spending lots of money on this app. ;) That said, getting his items wasn't as hard as getting Elsa's (for me, anyway) since the tasks are shorter, so you have more chances to collect it all. It took me less than 24 hours to get Hans' items (with Sven and Olaf) and I did not play overnight at all.

Im almost finished the first Hans battle so I really hopeful I will be able to welcome Hans. I'm pleased to hear purchasing him is an option if I can get far enough.

Also, is there any rides worth purchasing at 50% off? I already have Plutos house however I have 1400 gems so I will consider buying a few if they spare worth it. I still haven't welcomed Aurora/Phillip so wondering if the Spinning Wheel will help?

Long-term, the rides most worth buying are the ones that drop coins, the more frequently, the better. I think of gems spent on them as an investment toward winning more gems in the future. The Mad Tea Party is also somewhat worthwhile, in that it occasionally drops Donald items, and I recommend this only because Donald items are possibly the biggest pain in the whole game. Aurora's Spinning Wheel is nice, in that it makes collecting pennants for the Tangled characters and spinning wheels for the Sleeping Beauty characters as easy as collecting the balloons for the Mickey characters, but that's still just a side benefit, because it drops coins -hourly-. Really, it's all about the coins.

Yes, you can buy Hans for $20, but it seems to me as if you get the offer only when you finish the second round of battles. So, I'm at the point where I can collect Hans items, but I have the option of buying him outright instead, if it looks like I'm going to run out of time. I plan to work diligently to avoid that outcome. Fortunately, I have stockpiled plenty of snowflakes, and most of the activities that drop Hans items are only two or four hours long, and there are a good number of each, especially if you also have Olaf and Sven.

And yes, I think you have to finish tapping the clouds, but I can't say 100% for sure, because I already had finished with that before I finished the last character quest.[/QUOTE
I'm welcoming Hans now. Like toinettec said, I find Syndrome to be pretty useless (and frankly all the NBC characters have been that way for me) so I'm not sure how much it's worth it to get him. I don't like to positively reinforce their greed by spending lots of money on this app. ;) That said, getting his items wasn't as hard as getting Elsa's (for me, anyway) since the tasks are shorter, so you have more chances to collect it all. It took me less than 24 hours to get Hans' items (with Sven and Olaf) and I did not play overnight at all.

Have y'all not have success with Sally dropping Elsa crowns and Jack dropping lutes? Some of my fastest level ups for Elsa & Kristoff have definetely been helped by those two

Have y'all not have success with Sally dropping Elsa crowns and Jack dropping lutes? Some of my fastest level ups for Elsa & Kristoff have definetely been helped by those two

Sally and Jack, yes. It's the final villain characters that are comparatively worthless. I'm guessing that, since Gameloft knows that most average players -won't- get the pinnacle characters, they don't want to give an unfair advantage to the ones that do. But it makes the achievement sort of hollow.

Last edited:
Just a thought:

Those of us on this board play regularly - probably more than regularly. Sometimes (when collecting bags and ropes) I'm on the game every 6 minutes. And yet, many of us, on this board, will not be able to complete this event. I haven't even started battling Hans the first time. And I've been on top of this game.

My experience with the Incredible event - I played ALL the time, defeated syndrome, but missed out on getting him by 2 hats.
NBC - I had to miss 2 days of play, barely even got Sally.

How do the developers expect a "normal" player to get far enough into an event to make it worthwhile?
By paying $19.99, aparently. Alas..

Now that I have Hans, there seem to be no "blue" quests (unless maybe I need to level him up a bit). So all I am seeing is a bunch of "yellow" quests which I think I can ignore or play as I choose, and the snowgies which are still blue. Does this mean I'm sort of done with the event?

Now that I have Hans, there seem to be no "blue" quests (unless maybe I need to level him up a bit). So all I am seeing is a bunch of "yellow" quests which I think I can ignore or play as I choose, and the snowgies which are still blue. Does this mean I'm sort of done with the event?
Yes. Snowgies will be blue until the event ends. I'd focus on leveling up, not quests. This way when the event ends and the requirements to level up increase you won't have to deal with it.

I'll make an unpopular statement and say that they want it this way. They want your $20 and are putting time pressure to get it. :( It's making me like this game less and less each time something like this happens. I don't play at night, don't play ALL day, but I do have more time to play than others. There are complaints on the FB page that people still don't even have Elsa at this point.

The last part of your statement, sort of makes it hard for them to get the $20 though. If people can't even get to the point where the option to buy Hans is opened, then they can't get people's money. So I am hoping they can pull stats from the game to see how many people accomplished what and decide to extend the event a few more days. So I am continuing to press hard in my Windows game. Elsa's drops from 2-3 are going better. Not enough to make me feel confident I can finish battling Hans yet though, so I probably can't get to the point of having the option to spend $20.

Truth be told, if my problem were on my IOS account and not my Windows account, I would probably just buy him. Only because we still have money in the iTunes account from the class-action lawsuit about e-book prices. I don't consider that real money. I will not buy him in my Windows game, even if I get to the option. I am considering spending $1.99 to buy the cheapest gem pack. I think I'm going to get around 238ish gems, so very close to get Sven. Plus, in my Windows game, ads are loading every time I go into the game. So if I tab out to check this thread, and tab back...another ad. I tab out a lot, so I get the ad a lot. It may be worth the small purchase to make. that. stop.

Last edited:
Yes. Snowgies will be blue until the event ends. I'd focus on leveling up, not quests. This way when the event ends and the requirements to level up increase you won't have to deal with it.

Yeah, that's my plan for now. It worked for the other two events, at least.

Has anyone posted which characters can get Hans' items? trying to plan ahead for when my last battle finishes

Other than the 5 Frozen characters, Bo Peep & Woody can help with the sword/dagger and Mickey & Minnie (in costume), Mike W and Sulley can all go looking for the ear hats. It's listed in detail on the wiki. Hope this helps!

Has anyone posted which characters can get Hans' items? trying to plan ahead for when my last battle finishes

From the Wiki:

Lots of Frozen characters, who I assume will be busy and can't start early.

Swords
Oogie -2 hr - Buggy Treats (His only blue task)
Bo Peep + Woody - 4 hr - My Favorite Cowboy

Hats
Mike - 4 hr - Check on Laugh Floor
Sulley - 4 hr - Laugh it Up (His only blue task)
Mickey + Minnie - 2 hr - Mistletoe (requires Holiday Minnie)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter