Disney Magic Kingdoms

Goofys Hat. I need this to level him up from 1, but I just can't seem to get it. Aside from spending gems, is it one of the items you can get from tasks?

Yes. If you click on Goofy on the character selection screen, what he needs to level up is listed in the lower left. If you click on those items, it will tell you what tasks (by which characters) will get you the item.

Help! My problem is the game has stopped giving me story progressing tasks for Mickey and Goofy! I've opened up the California Screamin', but can't open the areas around it because they say "complete more of Goody Quests", but I'm level 14 and haven't gotten a Goofy quest since I was around level 11! I keep getting Toy Story quests and have unlocked Sarge, Bo Beep, and Hamm.

I just got another quest for him, haven't had one in a long time. It is to make a sandwich at mickey's house. Have you already done this one?

I agree with a pp. While its fun, as the game progresses tasks take longer, so I can see me losing interest.

Can I just ask about what is allowed and what isn't? I don't want to cheat, but I would like a clearer understanding of the rules and such. I went on a another page and it was all about how to cheat and get gems.
Thanks for asking! The DIS does not encourage or allow discussing ways to circumvent Disney's rules. The tips posted here should follow they way Disney meant the game to be played.

Complete all the missions that involve Mickey and Goofy playing instruments together. Eventually they make a plan and go "stand up to Pete". That'd where I am right now.... and of course it takes 8 hours to see what happens next!

For those suck without plot progessing quests; more quest become unlocked by lvling the characters... and buying new attractions (I got some quest for Pluto after buying his house and that lead to more quest for goofy and mickey)

my problem im having is that in my quest que jessie is still there and when i click it, it says to send to her to do her "hey howdy hey" dance. but when i do and she finishes, nothing happens. that quest doesnt go away. and i can't figure out how to defeat pete. HELP PLEASE!!! im in love with this game and i dont want to get rid of it. :smickey:

Complete all the missions that involve Mickey and Goofy playing instruments together. Eventually they make a plan and go "stand up to Pete". That'd where I am right now.... and of course it takes 8 hours to see what happens next!
As you've probably discovered by now, after Mickey, Goofy, and Pluto complete their quest against Pete you still have to send two of them back to finish the job. That makes this a minimum 16 hour task!

I seem to be at a bit of a stand still with unlocking areas. Does anyone know if you need Pluto to unlock the area below Tomorrowland or below California Screamin'? I have Goofy at level 7 but haven't had a new quest for a while. Mickey is only level 6 at the moment.

i dont have any options of playing instruments together with goofy and mickey. :(
How far along are you? The different available quests are shown in yellow background along the left side of the screen. Just continue completing Goofy's and Mickey's quests as they become available and eventually you'll get the music quests.

I had a long delay of no mickey/goofy quests, and only toy story/tink quests, before I finally got back to goofy defeating Pete quests yesterday. Hang in there everyone!

Anyone unlock Monsters Inc. characters yet? Wondering when they open up. I'm still trying to get BoPeep & Sarge unlocked, those random items can be quiet hard to get for them it seems.
I go back and forth on working on quests or characters to unlock, seems like I'm stuck with lots of Woody quests at the moment.

How do I send woody to practice his lasso skills for the rodeo? I finally go Jessie to yodel at Als Toy Barn. I have sent woody to practice his lasso skills but it doesn't mark off the task. Any ideas?

My Review of Disney Magic Kingdoms

I had been waiting for this app since its announcement at D23 last year, and I've been playing it since it arrived in the App Store. I was hoping that it was going to be a "Roller Coaster Tycoon" style game and I was slightly disappointed that it turned out to be more of a "Simpson's Tapped Out" model. That being said, I enjoyed the Simpson's game, and was ready to get started on Magic Kingdoms. Right from the start, I was impressed with the look of the game. The graphics and animations are fantastic. I love the reinterpretations of the familiar attractions and landmarks of the different Disney Parks. I also love the look of the different "Mickey Ears" you have to collect to level up the different characters. It runs very smoothly on my iPhone 6 Plus, as well.
Now for the negative aspects of the game. First, and this is critical, this game will not appeal to young children. Sure, they'll be taken with it initially, but their interest will quickly wane after all their characters are tied up with hours long tasks and there's nothing for them to do. Kids aren't known for their patience. Second, there just isn't enough freedom in the game to make choices. There's actually no freedom at all. Sure, you can choose to do one task over another, and you can choose where to place certain attractions and decorations, but this will not advance you in the game. The only way to advance in the game and unlock the rest of the park is to complete a very linear path of quests, over which you have no decisions to make at all. And because of this, this game will also not appeal to most adults for very long. And lastly, the in app purchase marketplace seems to be out of whack when you compare the cost of purchasing gems to the amount of gems needed to purchase attractions or speed up tasks. I've played these types of games in the past and would occasionally spend five dollars for in game currency to buy this or that, but when I look at the economy of this game $5 gets you 110 gems, which isn't enough to purchase the cheapest attraction, RC Racers (125 Gems). This needs to be tweaked.
All in all, I think that this game could be very enjoyable with a few improvements: Shorter wait times, more freedom, and a more reasonable economic structure.

I didn't purchase the Pluto offer when it first came up, and now I'm thinking I should have. Does anyone know if it becomes re-offered after a period of time, or was it a one-time offer at the beginning of the game?

I didn't purchase the Pluto offer when it first came up, and now I'm thinking I should have. Does anyone know if it becomes re-offered after a period of time, or was it a one-time offer at the beginning of the game?
I have no way of knowing, but if it does come back (chances are that it will) I would recommend getting it. Pluto has been very helpful, particularly in defeating Pete.

I'm almost ready to welcome Buzz... it's taking awhile to collect his special items. I can welcome Rex now but it takes a ridiculous number of gems, I think 275 or around that much. AND I can unlock the area below California Screamin' but it costs 25,000 magic. It seems like you have to spend real money to get ahead in this game.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!