Disney Magic Kingdoms

I need 6 more leaves and I can FINALLY welcome Meeko. His tokens just wouldn’t drop for me not to mention only 3 characters collect leaves. Pocahontas characters are going to take forever.
If you've been unnecessarily stockpiling elixirs all this time, then just buy the leaves. So much quicker.

Yep that’s the second (or third) quest after you complete the first Hades battle. It’s right after the Meg quest that requires her to be level 4 [correction it was level 3] . My Phil is also ready for 4, but still have to wait an hour for him to finish a job.

EDIT: Corrected my previous comment about Meg level 4, it was actually level 3. So sadly, I probably won’t be able to do that start the quest they both need to be level 4 until tomorrow.

I got Phil to 4 then realized need to get Meg to level 4 as well. Once challenge I am finding is there are only a couple of characters that can work on her ear hats at this point and Mickey is one of them but his task for this is the same task for the cop sunglasses for the centaur from Onward so that conflict is making things slow going getting those ear hats for Meg

I'm ready to start that task, but had Phil doing other things while I waited to get the Vases to level Meg. I'll run their joint task overnight.

Hey, so first full event here, and I have no idea how much of this event currency stuff we're going to need, but I'm figuring the goal right now is to just keep stacking. I'm at 7,635 right now; is that a good total?

Phil will be ready to go to level 5 prior to the next character unlock, but I know I don't need him to before then. Is it better to hold off until it's asked for, or is it okay to preload something like that? He should be ready to send tomorrow evening sometime.

Phil will be ready to go to level 5 prior to the next character unlock, but I know I don't need him to before then. Is it better to hold off until it's asked for, or is it okay to preload something like that? He should be ready to send tomorrow evening sometime.
One benefit to leaving a character ready to level up is that it eliminates a possible overlap for a future character's tokens.

One benefit to leaving a character ready to level up is that it eliminates a possible overlap for a future character's tokens.

Yup, I was thinking about that, and most of my characters are ready for that.

But for the purposes of the event, I was wondering with Phil specifically whether it would be worth getting him a head start on his Level 6 tokens while there weren't any conflicts with future characters, rather than risk it later. Although if it delays my ability to welcome Pain, I guess I could see that being worse potentially.

Although it's hard to tell what our needs are going to be in terms of the Muses' Vases.

Just sent Grumpy out on his 24-hour task, which I would imagine would have to be the final task in this pointless Snow White side storyline. If not everyone has him, it would be silly to not have the side storyline end here. But then, we ARE talking about the dimwitted interns over at Gameloft, so...

Hey, so first full event here, and I have no idea how much of this event currency stuff we're going to need, but I'm figuring the goal right now is to just keep stacking. I'm at 7,635 right now; is that a good total?

For your first event it looks like you’ve got a really good understanding of how events work. Your EC isn‘t bad at all, mine at 9K for comparison, but it’s really hard to gage what characters and attractions will cost as the event progresses (usually increase rapidly) and with EC to gem conversation when the event ends (2K EC = 1 gem) it never hurts to have a surplus. If you want to know what stuff will cost later Reddit, FB or the DMK wiki page usually will post costs in advance (haven’t looked if they did). Also, while events are fairly consistent in structure, the developer like to mess around with how things work or costs from event to event, so we never the know what surprises they may have in store for us.

I would definitely wait for now, unless you have a large surplus of Vases. One thing I don’t like about this event is we can only get 5 every 4 hours, so most players will average 20-25 vases a day. Phil will cost you 40 vases to level to 5, which is roughly 2 days worth of vase collecting. As long as you haven’t hit a wall and still have main quests leave yourself a little wiggle room. That said, as long as we still have close to 4 days until the next character(s) are available, I never like to have all the characters ready to level. I almost always like to have at least one character, usually the lowest level one, that I can collect for. When your a day, or later on 2 days away from the next characters, you want to focus on having everyone ready to level. Like @supernova said, if they are ready to level, you don’t have to worry about items overlapping.

Just sent Grumpy out on his 24-hour task, which I would imagine would have to be the final task in this pointless Snow White side storyline. If not everyone has him, it would be silly to not have the side storyline end here. But then, we ARE talking about the dimwitted interns over at Gameloft, so...

Is that after the 3 missions “the end”. If so, thanks for the heads up. Accidentally sent one of those 3 ended characters out on a longer mission, so I’m a little farther behind than I’d like to be. Think they will be done in 3 hours.

Is that after the 3 missions “the end”. If so, thanks for the heads up. Accidentally sent one of those 3 ended characters out on a longer mission, so I’m a little farther behind than I’d like to be. Think they will be done in 3 hours.
Yes, after sending out the three dwarfs (had just sent Dopey out on his 12-hour mission yesterday so I had to wait until this morning to send him to finish his 1/3 share), then you get a Grumpy task for 24-hours. Light at the end of the tunnel, I hope.

After the 8-hour level 4 joint task, comes the 'Welcome Pain' prompt. I have the three characters at 4, 4, and 3 (Pegasus), and right now I don't currently plan on leveling them up before the two new characters are unlocked. By my math, if I collect vases every single four-hour period until then, I'll be maxed out right about the time the new characters unlock. But I sleep, so that won't happen, so I'll just let them build up and be ready to level everyone up after seeing the requirements to welcome Pain (and inevitably have to nearly immediately level up to 2).

Thank you. For some reason that never occurred to me. That will be much quicker.

And if I remember correctly they’re only 75 elixir each?

I’d like to say I got Meeko to level 4 and Pocahontas to level 7 do to my incredible skill and playing ability, or even luck, but no it’s because I played to ”win”. :rotfl: I focused on collecting the main two items and bought whatever leaves I needed to.

Honestly, it’s been so long since we’ve been able to buy an attraction from Merlin I think best use of elixir is buying pieces for characters. Love characters that allow it, and it’s become a big strategy for me to level those character. I usually collect enough of 1 item then buy whatever I need for the other. Works really well.

Welp, hit the time wall with about 3 days to go - so time to crank EC and those cases I guess ... Depending on timing might level up some characters more (at 4, 4, and 3) but want to avoid the item overlap. Usually characters need to be at level 5 for the final boss battle so might up them to that if I feel plenty of time but we shall see

I'm sad that they got rid of the extra graphics surrounding grumpy. I guess they didn't want to remind people just how super awesome he really was and what a joy it was to collect him.

Honestly, it’s been so long since we’ve been able to buy an attraction from Merlin I think best use of elixir is buying pieces for characters. Love characters that allow it, and it’s become a big strategy for me to level those character. I usually collect enough of 1 item then buy whatever I need for the other. Works really well.
Even then, most of the attractions are not worth buying from the merlin shop. They don't do much for you. Jumping Jellyfish at least gives trophies. Toy Story Mania, Carousel of Progress, Golden Zephyr. No benefit to buying them.

I'm sad that they got rid of the extra graphics surrounding grumpy. I guess they didn't want to remind people just how super awesome he really was and what a joy it was to collect him.
Part of the joy of owning Grumpy is sending him out on a 24-hour task and then forgetting you did so a day later.

It does seems that drop rates have been intentionally scaled back to slow game play progress.

I have to laugh because the jokes on me, another round of quests and no Raspberries, then I noted that on the Trophy mini event, they expect you to get Statue Palace to Level 1 to get a Trophy. I have not even seen tokens for Enchanting the buildings and I sure to hell an not going to buy any. They must think we are fools.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter