Disney Magic Kingdoms

I know, I know, it's New York City. The only one starting with "N". There are two with "W' and three with "L". :joker:
Rats, but holy cow. When I tell you that I seriously didn't expect anyone to see the pattern I put together... nicely done! I was worried about grouping the L's that way, but whatever. Glad someone else's mind is sharp. Now I have an apprentice. Watch out world!

Last edited:
Just a guess. Those are just about all the characters that could be available and are recurring enough in the show to be possible. There are enough for the 7 or so that can usually be found in timed events. I'd think that one of the nephews and launchpad would be gem characters. Why a nephew? Because they know you'll spend to get the complete set.

I'm actually wondering, since this is tied to the new game elements, that this is permanent content. If the rumors are true about building upgrades, they will probably want to make it a feature that is unlocked earlier in the flow of play (as opposed to after Dumbo). Therefore, it may be simply a new page in the Mickey & Friends section and just Scrooge, and Huey, Dewey and Louie. With one of them being Premium. I wouldn't put it past them to make Scrooge a 1000 gem character, just to screw with us.

Sounds like fun. You know, it's a total girl scam. The whole, can't get the fish off the line, can't get the bait on, etc. Glad to see the younger generation are still learning young how to manipulate nice guys when it comes to the "yucky" fishing parts!!

Let me know how the movie is. I'm still on the fence, although I hear it's doing pretty well. I'll trust your slightly cynical judgement. Afterall, it's not like you had to pay for your ticket so you won't feel like you need to justify the cost by saying it was worth it. Just make sure you spoil your nieces with popcorn and drinks. Gotta be the cool uncle...

Was to windy, and I wasn’t feeling very well, so we ended up going to TS4 tonight. Really enjoyed it! Without giving any spoilers, it was kinda broken up as 2 movies, the first half more like the previous movies and the second half broke away from the formula which I found considerably more enjoyable. Also, the theater wasn’t an AMC, so I ended up buying a ticket. Luckily they have a $5 Tuesday movie offer and a drink/popcorn combo for $5. Even if it had been more, it woulda been worth it.

All the new characters were great! I know a lot of people will like Forky the best, but I think Ducky and Bunny (Key & Peele) stole the show. Wait for the end credits, because they did something that was hilarious. Duke Caboom (Keanu Reeves) and Gabby Gabby (Christina Hendricks) were also great! Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not suggesting that they do this, but they could have done an entire 7 character event only using new characters and it woulda been much less of a reach than some other event characters.

Thanks for all the nice comments, but he passed on Thursday, not going to even get into all the stupid drama I put into trying to help his family, I just haven’t felt like playing much sense and every time my little one gets on, she spends gems to open chests until she can spend no more, I wish they would let me let her play but put a code on the gems so I can save for them for attractions whichever she needs later on, because she just likes to click, lol, every time she levels a character she thinks she got a new one, she just turned 4 in May so trying to at least let her have something fun to distract her atm since last night was awful, but they have a lock on spending, wish they had a option to lock the gems too since I have bought some and on other games she has gone on my phone and spent like $10 worth without me knowing, I just really wish they would make gems with a passcode an option too

Also, anyone know why when I go watch those extra videos for happiness, chests, gems, etc, they keep coming coming up as unavailable at the moment, I’m on my house WiFi so don’t get why this happens like 97% of the time

And okay, maybe I’m not being smart about it, but I feel if I get what I can for characters for now out of legendary chests, finally can’t get any more until probably the 1st because of the situation, but I can’t do a lot of the little mini things that come up atm because of the characters levels, etc., I know I’m paying too much for a game too pay for my 4 year old but since they change it every 3 days, shouldn’t I eventually kind of be caught up so that I can do these little mini bee, gold trophy, bot quests, whatever comes up when they circle around with the legendary chests again? I’d actually rather spend money on this if she wants when I have it then getting a bunch more toys in my house

And I’m so sorry for asking this on here, thanks to my daughters wonderful “family”, just being worried about money tiny bit short until I get paid, whatever, I’ll take out of my mini savings of a couple $100 just to add to my card to make her happy, but anyone know why I can’t even download the free apps she wants right now until I ride the bus all over town to put more money on my card? Okay, I probably owe the App Store money which they always get back, but don’t get why I can’t get her the free little miracalous(she never even watches the show but seen YouTube videos and wants the app) app until I can go load my card with the rest of my money tomorrow, just wondering if anyone else ran into this? Honestly, im trying to do anything that distracts her until I can get her into a dr, I researched what to do, but she’s having a hard time and I know I’m trying to spoil her in the meantime, but it’s basically me and her so trying to do what I can until it gets easier, I gave her her dads old phone since his broke 2 weeks ago and just signed another 2 year contract and have no clue what to do with it, please don’t report me for off topic, just trying to figure out this app thing and help my little one

Quite honestly, I’m trying to help her on this game, but also in shock atm and not thinking as well as I normally should, being a vet with depression and extreme social anxiety doesn’t help, I know I posted way too much on here i shouldn’t have but when my anxiety kicks in (people can’t even understand me on the phone lately) I rush and ramble, I don’t mean any harm, just trying to figure things out for her on games while I figure things out through this mess

Also, anyone know why when I go watch those extra videos for happiness, chests, gems, etc, they keep coming coming up as unavailable at the moment, I’m on my house WiFi so don’t get why this happens like 97% of the time
Not sure if you are aware or not, but the video for gems only works twice a day. For me, it resets at around 9pm EST. The bubble around the gem turns white when it's time to play the ads. Again, if you already know this, I'm sorry. Not sure if they are playing for you at all or if it always says unavailable. On a fare more important note, most sincerest condolences on the passing of your husband. I guess we were all hoping that he would pull through, even as strangers.

Not sure if you are aware or not, but the video for gems only works twice a day. For me, it resets at around 9pm EST. The bubble around the gem turns white when it's time to play the ads. Again, if you already know this, I'm sorry. Not sure if they are playing for you at all or if it always says unavailable. On a fare more important note, most sincerest condolences on the passing of your husband. I guess we were all hoping that he would pull through, even as strangers.
As for the video issue. I sometimes get an error as well. The gem video is white and you click on it, and then it says, sorry vides are unavailable. I usually see it as a result of a poor connection. For me it is sometimes when I walk from one side of the house to the other as I have 2 routers, neither are meshed together. Sometimes at work, my signal is weak, and it won't load videos so it just gives an error message. Othertimes it just craps out for a day or so and then comes back.

For @Saati51 I would consider force quitting the game and then restarting it. That sometimes will do the trick.

Excited to boast about my placement of #1864 on the bee event with a total of 3 bees., which basically allowed me to check the leaderboard prizes. You can all be jealous of my 2 gems and 1,000 magic. Me, I will NOT be jealous of the time the rest of you wasted over the past five days of that nonsense.

Excited to boast about my placement of #1864 on the bee event with a total of 3 bees., which basically allowed me to check the leaderboard prizes. You can all be jealous of my 2 gems and 1,000 magic. Me, I will NOT be jealous of the time the rest of you wasted over the past five days of that nonsense.

Lol! I did a little better with 5 gems and 2,000 magic think I was around 340, could never get close to the leaders.

What's annoying, is that in my IOS game I was 1054 and I was initially TRYING to get the WIR chest. The last 24 hours I gave up, but the early part I was sending everyone off on tokens. That's how useless my drops were.

Windows went better. I did my 23, and forgot I had finished, so did 1 more. Finished 404, I think.

This happens to me a lot too. Sometimes restarting the app works, sometimes rebooting my phone works. Mostly, I think it's a bad ad, and I have to wait for it to give me a different ad. I also have a problem where I will watch an ad, it finishes, but no popup. (and not the StraightTalk, problem ads). Sometimes restarting the app will get the popup, sometimes I just have to watch another video.

Thanks for all the nice comments, but he passed on Thursday, not going to even get into all the stupid drama I put into trying to help his family, I just haven’t felt like playing much sense and every time my little one gets on, she spends gems to open chests until she can spend no more, I wish they would let me let her play but put a code on the gems so I can save for them for attractions whichever she needs later on, because she just likes to click, lol, every time she levels a character she thinks she got a new one, she just turned 4 in May so trying to at least let her have something fun to distract her atm since last night was awful, but they have a lock on spending, wish they had a option to lock the gems too since I have bought some and on other games she has gone on my phone and spent like $10 worth without me knowing, I just really wish they would make gems with a passcode an option too

First, I'm sorry for your loss.

Second, it sounds like your child associates opening a chest with getting a character. So what might help is showing her that the platform chests don't give out characters. I don't know if you have noticed, but if you click on the chest, in the upper left there is a chest that says Rewards. Click on it, and bring up the types of chests and what is in them. Ask her which chest, matches the one on the platform, and when she picks it, ask her to tell you what things are in the chest. Have her actually list off: smiley faces, bench, light, etc. So she will have to process it, and not listen if you just read them off for her.

It probably won't help if she knows she has to go to the special chest page, and click the ones that cost 60 gems. But maybe if she can understand that most chests DO NOT have characters, it will slow it down.

But otherwise, honestly, this game probably isn't for her or for you. You will spend way more than you should, and the stress will eat at you. And it's not going to do a thing to help her or you "move on" without her Daddy. Spending money to relieve someone's pain (either hers or yours) only feeds the monster that will grow and consume both of you. Imagine her at 16, and what her 16 year old "if I don't have this, I can't be happy" spending might entail? No parent thinks it could get "that bad," but you know the habits and patterns you establish when they are little, stay with them and you. Tantrums delayed today, will happen tomorrow.

Buying more chests won't help you catch up. Gameloft wants you to think it will, but they always set it up for the players to lose. Just like Vegas. I'm a day 1 player, have every event character except Grumpy, and I tried with the honey bees and still ended up 1054! New players are at a permanent disadvantage. The best you can do is focus on the primary flow of play, do events as well as you can, and hope that some later event you will have the right combo to finish. But there are 182 characters in this game, and it takes about $10 to get one. I don't know how many are free vs premium or old event characters, but lets say half...91...are you prepared to spend $910 on this game? And that doesn't include bundles for costumes or bundles for attractions or parade floats. It's sickening. You can go buy a handheld Nintendo Switch for cheaper, and find your daughter some games that she can play without having buttons to spend more money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter