Disney Magic Kingdoms

Try rebooting your iPhone. I'm on a 7 and I'm not having the same issue.

Not sure about the sheep thing... All I hear is that there are real iPhones and fake, copycat ones. They can't even put the camera in a different location. Talk about sheep. :rotfl:On a more serious note, my Android loving friends have to replace their phones far, far more often than we do. As someone whose family needs 4 working phones, I've been impressed how long the Apples ones function (securely - which is the big issue here). DH and I have 7s than are over 2 years old, and DD and DM have our 6s that are well past 4 now and running strong.
I had my 5 for like 3-4 years while Dh had to replace his Samsung much earlier than I did. The main reason I choose Apple though is for my music. I have about 2,500 songs on iTunes

I change my Samsung phones much more often than I really need to, but my mum uses my old S6 Edge with no issues, and my dad's S6 (bought at the same time as mine, April 2015) is still going strong so I definitely wouldn't say that Samsung users "have to" get new phones that often. Also, don't forget that Apple were fined for deliberately slowing down old phones in the hope that users would buy new ones...

I had my 5 for like 3-4 years while Dh had to replace his Samsung much earlier than I did. The main reason I choose Apple though is for my music. I have about 2,500 songs on iTunes
Another reason I'm not an Apple fan. I don't want my photos and music held hostage. Plug in, get what I need, upload stuff, whatever. No need for additional software to access my data.

On a more serious note, my Android loving friends have to replace their phones far, far more often than we do. As someone whose family needs 4 working phones, I've been impressed how long the Apples ones function (securely - which is the big issue here). DH and I have 7s than are over 2 years old, and DD and DM have our 6s that are well past 4 now and running strong.

I change my Samsung phones much more often than I really need to, but my mum uses my old S6 Edge with no issues, and my dad's S6 (bought at the same time as mine, April 2015) is still going strong so I definitely wouldn't say that Samsung users "have to" get new phones that often. Also, don't forget that Apple were fined for deliberately slowing down old phones in the hope that users would buy new ones...
Yes. this. The public does sometimes have short term memory issues, huh @LeCras?

I must not have honey lemon high enough for that task
I think you may also have to have the cafe attraction. I have all the BH6 characters, but only the cafe and not Sanfransokyo, which leaves me not able to use Wasabi for visor collection...

I think you may also have to have the cafe attraction. I have all the BH6 characters, but only the cafe and not Sanfransokyo, which leaves me not able to use Wasabi for visor collection...
Ah okay. Yeah I just gave up on the bots

Nothing with this mini event challenge is balanced or fair. I have been emailing them since it began about the awful drops. I check in regularly and set timers so as to maximize my time for collection. Today I am lucky to collect one controller every 2-4 hours.

I refuse to let this game control my days, let alone my nights. This is just yet another attraction I won't get, and I'm ok with that. Slowly losing interest in the game anyway thanks to stunts like this.

Also, sometimes humor crosses the line and becomes insulting. I'd rather keep this thread a happy place where people can complain about or praise this game, rather than resorting to name calling...

Last edited:
I refuse to let this game control my days, let alone my nights. This is just yet another attraction I won't get, and I'm ok with that. Slowly losing interest in the game anyway thanks to stunts like this.
I lost interest back during the Wreck It Ralph event. The microbots were a pain in the butt, but it was new at the time so I dealt with it. The Little Mermaid didn't feel quite as tedious with the same number of shells, and I feel like I completed that set without too much bother. With Wreck It Ralph, I'm finding that I really don't care about leveling anyone up. Maybe it's because I haven't seen either movie, but 8 just can't be bothered with them. And now this ridiculous bot battling coming out 9f nowhere? Especially connected to the release of three Cinderella characters? These dummies have truly lost all ability to keep their customers engaged in a good way.

Hey, these things don't make themselves. Nor are they exactly baseless...
View attachment 375232

Personally I don’t care what type of phone people have (iOS, Android, etc.) or computer (Mac/PC/Linux) people use. Whatever works for them is fine.

I do find calling an entire group of users, no matter the operating system kinda silly. If your happy using your Android devices that’s great and the same goes for myself or anyone else who uses Apple products. At the end of the day we tend to use what’s works best for us or what we are use to. Also, feel free to call me a sheep because I use apples products, but it doesn't mean I don’t have issues with Apple from time to time or disagree with some of their decisions? I just prefer the ecosystem and have no interest in switching over to android.

I do find it kinda funny calling an entire group of iphone users sheep, when we are on a Disney Message board, which is filled with people who most non Disney fans would call Disney sheep. :rotfl:

Honestly there are an incredible amount of great phones in the market. As far as “
slowing down old phones in the hope that users would buy new ones...” that’s just not true. Yes, they poorly handled how they implemented an issue they had with batteries, but it was not done to get users to buy new ones, although I’m sure they don’t mind it when people do. :rotfl: If anything, their latest iOS update (iOS 12) went out out of there way to improve performance on older phones.

Honestly there are an incredible amount of great phones in the market. As far as “slowing down old phones in the hope that users would buy new ones...” that’s just not true. Yes, they poorly handled how they implemented an issue they had with batteries, but it was not done to get users to buy new ones, although I’m sure they don’t mind it when people do. :rotfl: If anything, their latest iOS update (iOS 12) went out out of there way to improve performance on older phones.
https://money.cnn.com/2018/01/12/technology/apple-iphone-slow-battery-lawsuit/index.html

But beyond that, I believe Apple was the first to seal up the battery, and sadly other manufacturers followed suit. Battery wearing down? Replace it. Having an issue with your phone? First step when you called tech support was always , "Have you tried removing the battery?" Well, no more. Sadly we are all forced to upgrade. I just cannot see standing in line for hours with throngs of people to buy a new phone version while they are all on their old phone which works perfectly.

And don't forget that all brands, including Apple, are have updates that are so complex that they eventually will not be supported on older models. If I remember correctly, although I probably am not, wasn't there even concern with this game that one of the updates wouldn't be supported on older phones? Then again, they also thought that they would eventually get to be too large for the game not to collapse overall, which is on what they originally blamed the lack of new playable game board.

Last edited:
Nothing with this mini event challenge is balanced or fair. I have been emailing them since it began about the awful drops. I check in regularly and set timers so as to maximize my time for collection. Today I am lucky to collect one controller every 2-4 hours.

Yep, I pretty much gave up on it early on. I know having an attraction as the final reward, was done as a money grab, but it was poorly executed. What am I gonna spend gems on? Speeding up people collecting items? If it guaranteed the item to drop sure, but not getting it, would just tick me off. Buy the missing item to speed up the process? Sure, I might have considered it, but if it's 30 gems for one missing item, no way. And don’t get me started on finding those stupid bots, I found that more annoying than the drop rates. :rotfl:

Also, sometimes humor crosses the line and becomes insulting. I'd rather keep this thread a happy place where people can complain about or praise this game, rather than resorting to name calling...

Well if it make s you feel any better, they don’t care about attractions either. Otherwise they would give us more land, so we can fit everything. And yes, I know it technically all fits, but I refuse to wast my time trying to do it, only to have to deal with againafter the next event.

I do find it kinda funny calling an entire group of iphone users sheep, when we are on a Disney Message board, which is filled with people who most non Disney fans would call Disney sheep.
Not really. I haven't bothered seeing most of the newer Disney films in the theater, if at all. I have zero interest in this new Mary Poppins. And I have no issue with visiting Universal and even acknowledging the superiority of many of their rides. Being a big fan and mindlessly consuming something simply due to its brand are two different things.

Well if it make s you feel any better, they don’t care about attractions either. Otherwise they would give us more land, so we can fit everything. And yes, I know it technically all fits, but I refuse to wast my time trying to do it, only to have to deal with againafter the next event.
At this point, I'm not convinced that everything will fit. Not with Steamboat Willie, Carousel of Progress, Animation Academy, and the new Mulan building(s?). Have they confirmed no new land when the tower challenge begins?

https://money.cnn.com/2018/01/12/technology/apple-iphone-slow-battery-lawsuit/index.html

But beyond that, I believe Apple was the first to seal up the battery, and sadly other manufacturers followed suit. Battery wearing down? Replace it. Having an issue with your phone? First step when you called tech support was always , "Have you tried removing the battery?" Well, no more. Sadly we are all forced to upgrade. I just cannot see standing in line for hours with throngs of people to buy a new phone version while they are all on their old phone which works perfectly.

As far as the lawsuit goes, some law firm is always gonna find something to sue someone over. The sad reality is when/if they win or settle out of court, the law firms are the only ones who really “cash in”. Like I said, Apple screwed up on how they handled the situation. Because of their refusal to admit they made a mistake or had an issue, and attempt to “fix” it (throddle the phone if battery health was under x%) people got the perception that they were slowing phones down to get people to buy new ones. They would have been much better off just offering there $29 battery replacement to begin with.

While I agree that beings able to replace a battery was convenient, it also had its own set of problems. In general, sealing in batteries allow manufactures to get more battery life, because they can put more battery in the phone and reduce the size of the phone. All phone manufacturers should do a better letting customers know that they could get a battery replaced every 2 or 3 years, but they obviously want us to upgrade anyways. One positive about the issue I typed in the abouve paragraph, is that Apple now includes a battery health readout in the OS. So if you fall below a certain level, you might want to replace a battery, or you have an excuse to upgrade. :thumbsup2

You won’t see me standing in line for hours for a new phone either. It was a publicity stunt Apple benifited from for years, because they had people willing to do it. That said, that really hasn’t been the case for a few years. Most people, just order online when they are released and get them sent to their homes. That said, trying to order, from you home at midnight has become the new standing in line I guess. :rotfl:

At this point, I'm not convinced that everything will fit. Not with Steamboat Willie, Carousel of Progress, Animation Academy, and the new Mulan building(s?). Have they confirmed no new land when the tower challenge begins?

I didn’t watch, and never intent to watch, the livestream(s), but I believe someone posted that there wasn’t going to be any new land.

I was also wondering if everything would fit with the additions over the last month? I just have no idea what they are thinking? It’s not like they don’t have any land (12 plots) they could use. If they had sold some of that land for cash, or with gems over the last year, I probably would have bit. Doubt I would now. I’d much rather store them and complain about lack of land. :rotfl2:

I didn’t watch, and never intent to watch, the livestream(s), but I believe someone posted that there wasn’t going to be any new land.

I was also wondering if everything would fit with the additions over the last month? I just have no idea what they are thinking? It’s not like they don’t have any land (12 plots) they could use. If they had sold some of that land for cash, or with gems over the last year, I probably would have bit. Doubt I would now. I’d much rather store them and complain about lack of land. :rotfl2:
I guess they also realize that at some point the free land will be gone and the well would run dry. But if we do have about 12 plots remaining, even at one plot every other month, they are good for two years. Which is truthfully far longer than I see this game lasting anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter