Disney Magic Kingdoms

So tomorrow we will be at Typhoon Lagoon then to Toy Story Land (first time) Monday morning followed by Food and Wine lunch through dinner. Pretty excited, we’ve been holding on to this last park ticket since February specifically for Food & Wine fest.

I still need 4 more Triton ear hats, but should be able to check in a couple times tomorrow. Hoping I can get to build Atlantica while there at least.

How was TL? My family loves that water park. Hope you enjoyed the new rides and thematic elements of Toy Story Land. I really enjoyed Slinky Dog Dash!

I am sure F&W at Epcot was wonderful! Hopefully worth saving that ticket. :yay:

How much EC do you think is needed for Ursula and her lair? I currently only have 26k EC.
I would bet that should be enough, assuming that you have the other characters leveled enough for her token tasks. Don't forget you'll be earning more in the few days before she is available.

How long does it take for me to start the battle with Zurg? Right now I am at level 26, close to 27. I just go Roz and am waiting for Pete. When does the Zurg battle start and what do I need to do to "move it along?" My characters are in the 6-7 level but nothing has changed for the past week. I played this game in 2015 when it first came out and things moved much quicker. Things are getting boring. Also, how the heck do you get something good out of a Platinum or Gold chest :) All I get are stupid things like benches or topiaries :rotfl2:

Edit - how do you guys get so far ahead so quickly? I must be doing something wrong :)

Last edited:

Being tied for 3rd DOES put you in the top 5...

:rotfl: I was aware that being 3rd, at the time of the post, put me in the top 5. My thinking was that someone would get an extra set of collections done when I was sleeping and pass me. It turned out that I was wrong, ended up 3rd and have an extra lamppost to show for it. Really wish they would open up a new plot of land, so I could dedicate it to that glorious lamppost. :thumbsup2

How long does it take for me to start the battle with Zurg? Right now I am at level 26, close to 27. I just go Roz and am waiting for Pete. When does the Zurg battle start and what do I need to do to "move it along?" My characters are in the 6-7 level but nothing has changed for the past week. I played this game in 2015 when it first came out and things moved much quicker. Things are getting boring. Also, how the heck do you get something good out of a Platinum or Gold chest :) All I get are stupid things like benches or topiaries :rotfl2:

Edit - how do you guys get so far ahead so quickly? I must be doing something wrong :)

Everyone got stuck here, because you need to have Welcomed Celia, Roz, and Pete which is a lot of tokens to collect. You also need to have all the land opened to the portal. Just keep working the quests at the top of the list, and you'll move on eventually. But concentrate on Pete, because you won't get anywhere without him.

You aren’t doing anything wrong. I move at a VERY slow pace in this game because I don’t use any real money but I still enjoy playing. I just get frustrated when the drops are so bad.

Everyone got stuck here, because you need to have Welcomed Celia, Roz, and Pete which is a lot of tokens to collect. You also need to have all the land opened to the portal. Just keep working the quests at the top of the list, and you'll move on eventually. But concentrate on Pete, because you won't get anywhere without him.

Yes, Pete is the last one I need. His drops are super slow. My daughter plays but gets mad at me when I get ahead cause I can play at work but she can't at school :laughing: I won't spend any real money either and she gets mad when I won't buy her stuff :confused3

Guys I finally got triton! Lol

Seriously, I still need 6 more stupid hats. My drop rate has been horrific for this one. And I dont really want to buy the flounder bundle, but it is really hard without enough gems to get him, especially when I send Sebastian and Sully out repeatedly and they both come back with nothing :/

I would bet that should be enough, assuming that you have the other characters leveled enough for her token tasks. Don't forget you'll be earning more in the few days before she is available.
Is this good enough for their levels?
Sebastian - 5
Scuttle - 5
Eric - 3
Triton - 4
Flounder - 4

Do you guys spend real money in order to get Eric, Triton, and Flounder?

Some people's preferred way is to buy the bundles. I think they consider it their splurge, instead of fancy coffee / movies / alcohol, etc. Or there are ways to earn gift cards that you can use at the iTunes store, or windows store, etc. I saw a post on Reddit that someone added up their purchases for the year and it was like $180. Does anyone really think this game is worth $180? But the $ here, $ there adds up.

Most of us just use gems we have saved. Since you are so early in the game, your first event or two are going to be HARD to complete. The bundle would help, but it still may be hard to finish everything because of a lack of other characters collecting EC / tokens. Here's the thing though, you have to save ALL your gems in between events to gather enough by the time the next event starts, and then it may not even be enough. Buy Pluto, buy a 2nd chest spot, buy parade slots and floats, but otherwise you have to save all the gems. So no other premium characters, no chests, no finishing tasks early. Nothing. A lot of people see the characters in legendary chests and decide to gamble their 60 gems, but then you may find yourself short the next event.

I think most of us have also spent for a bundle here or there. The $6.99 for the 2nd premium character + building isn't horrible, as long as you only do it once or twice. I just try to remember the total cost I've spent on the game, and what I would pay for the game if I had to buy it like a console game or something.

:rotfl: I was aware that being 3rd, at the time of the post, put me in the top 5. My thinking was that someone would get an extra set of collections done when I was sleeping and pass me. It turned out that I was wrong, ended up 3rd and have an extra lamppost to show for it. Really wish they would open up a new plot of land, so I could dedicate it to that glorious lamppost. :thumbsup2
That's small potatoes thinking right there, sir. You need a new plot of land to dedicate to a whole army of lampposts.

Here's the thing though, you have to save ALL your gems in between events to gather enough by the time the next event starts, and then it may not even be enough. Buy Pluto, buy a 2nd chest spot, buy parade slots and floats, but otherwise you have to save all the gems

Good advice. Thanks :)

Is this good enough for their levels?
Sebastian - 5
Scuttle - 5
Eric - 3
Triton - 4
Flounder - 4

Based on Big Hero 6 character levels required to help collect Baymax tokens
Hiro needed to be 5
Honey Lemon needed 6
Gogo needed 5
Wasabi needed 5
Fred needed 3 or 4 can’t quite remember that one
Yokai needed 3

If they keep similar patterns, Scuttle will need to be 6, Eric 5, Triton 5, Ursula 3. But who knows they may switch it up.

Well, I am mildly surprised...I did win an Eric statue from my chests. But I did add 1 more lamp post and 2 more benches to my collection. Woo hoo...I guess...

Some people's preferred way is to buy the bundles. I think they consider it their splurge, instead of fancy coffee / movies / alcohol, etc. Or there are ways to earn gift cards that you can use at the iTunes store, or windows store, etc. I saw a post on Reddit that someone added up their purchases for the year and it was like $180. Does anyone really think this game is worth $180? But the $ here, $ there adds up.

Most of us just use gems we have saved. Since you are so early in the game, your first event or two are going to be HARD to complete. The bundle would help, but it still may be hard to finish everything because of a lack of other characters collecting EC / tokens. Here's the thing though, you have to save ALL your gems in between events to gather enough by the time the next event starts, and then it may not even be enough. Buy Pluto, buy a 2nd chest spot, buy parade slots and floats, but otherwise you have to save all the gems. So no other premium characters, no chests, no finishing tasks early. Nothing. A lot of people see the characters in legendary chests and decide to gamble their 60 gems, but then you may find yourself short the next event.

I think most of us have also spent for a bundle here or there. The $6.99 for the 2nd premium character + building isn't horrible, as long as you only do it once or twice. I just try to remember the total cost I've spent on the game, and what I would pay for the game if I had to buy it like a console game or something.
I've found that if I don't spend any gems during non-event periods, I usually have enough saved up for the next update so I usually don't have to sacrifice my Vanilla Bean Frappuccino. Although, I have all of my parade slots open and it seems like I get about 10 gems a day from that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter