Disney Magic dry-dock 2013

Dry dock of Magic will be from Sept to mid October. It is scheduled to have its first cruise Oct 20 in Bahamas. There is no availability for booking a cruise as a transatlantic return in October. This could be because it could be like the Fantasy, coming over w/o passengers, or may I speculate...as a private reservation? It will do both an eastern and western transatlantic crossing in 2014.

Dry dock of Magic will be from Sept to mid October. It is scheduled to have its first cruise Oct 20 in Bahamas. There is no availability for booking a cruise as a transatlantic return in October. This could be because it could be like the Fantasy, coming over w/o passengers, or may I speculate...as a private reservation? It will do both an eastern and western transatlantic crossing in 2014.

I am thinking that there is no Transatlantic because the work will be ongoing during that time. With such an extensive refurb I believe they are going to need those extra 6-8 days to do finish work.

MouseMomx2 said:
I am thinking that there is no Transatlantic because the work will be ongoing during that time. With such an extensive refurb I believe they are going to need those extra 6-8 days to do finish work.

I can answer this! We were on the Magic last week and went to the Gold and Platinum members reception. We spoke to one of the officers about the refurbishment. He said they will still be working on the interior when it sails back over; he said he will be onboard during the entire refurbishment overseeing the work. He said the rumors about specific work being done are just that - rumors, that no plans have been officially finalized and signed off on yet. This guy wasn't the captain, but high up there - maybe the assistant captain or whatever the title is?

First time cruising on Disney Magic. I will be excited to see the changes for next time.

We booked the Magic Southern for9/20/14 on our recent Dream cruise. I'm very excited to hear what changes will be made. We loved AP on the Dream, especially my little one, she couldn't keep her eyes off of Crush. So that's a change that would be fun.

We are sailing on the Magic November 6th out of Miami, so I am very excited to see what is going to happen!!! The last thing I had seen was that DCL would be having a press release on April 26th that addresses this. I hope they give some specifics...

While taking a kitchen tour on the Fantasy MV, the Chef said that the Magic kitchen was going to get refurbished to fit in the new equipment that the Fantasy has. They can get out food cooked better and quicker with the up to date appiliances and the Magic kitchen is in need of the updating.
By the way, I would have had no problem eating off the floor of that Fantasy kitchen-I've never seen such a clean area,of ANY area, in my life (and the tour was imprompto,not scheduled hours ahead of time-it's always that clean,check their inspection "numbers").
I know it's an area few see,but I thought you'd like to know that the powers that be have their eyes on improving quite a few areas.
The Chef also threw out a quick comment about the upgrading of special effects,like possibly artwork and Animators Palate,more along the lines of what the Fantasy is offering,though,obviously,not on such a grand scale. As far as that goes,just thought I'd toss a log or two on the rumor pile......:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter