Disney Magic 9-night Med with Greek Isles June 22, 2020

scgustafson

DIS Veteran/DCL Platinum
Hello All,
I guess I am the first for this sailing. My name is Scott and I will be travelling with my wife Donna and our daughter, Kenzie, who will be 15 on this cruise. We are from Chandler, Arizona, but have lived quite a few places across the US due to my being a retired Naval Officer. This will be our 17th DCL cruise, and we have sailed the previous, or currently booked, ones:
  • 4-night Bahamas on Disney Dream - September-October 2012
  • 7-night Alaska on Disney Wonder - June 2013
  • 7-night Eastern Caribbean on Disney Fantasy - October 2013
  • 12-night Mediterranean on Disney Magic - June 2014
  • 4-night Bahamas on Disney Dream - October 2014
  • 7-night Northern Europe on Disney Magic - June 2015
  • Inaugural 12-night British Isles on Disney Magic - June 2016
  • Inaugural 8-night Western Caribbean on Disney Fantasy - October 2016
  • 4-night Baja on Disney Wonder - October 2017 (first leg of back-to-back)
  • 3-night Baja on Disney Wonder - October 2017 (second leg of back-to-back)
  • 7-night Bahamas on Disney Wonder - December 2017-January 2018
  • 7-night Mediterranean on Disney Magic - June 2018
  • 7-night Bahamas on Disney Wonder - December 2018-January 2019
  • 7-night Alaska on Disney Wonder - June 2019
  • 7-night Eastern Caribbean on Disney Fantasy - December 2019-January 2020
  • 14-night Westbound Panama Canal on Disney Wonder - March 2020

I just booked this cruise as well. Just me and my daughter who will be 22 at the time. It's been a few years since we've cruised but excited to be back with this Itin.

Scott - maybe we will fly together :) We are from Phoenix. I just booked this morning for me, husband and two daughters (14 and 12) and then my cousin from Boston with her husband and two daughters (12,11). This will be cruise #7 for us.

Scott - maybe we will fly together :) We are from Phoenix. I just booked this morning for me, husband and two daughters (14 and 12) and then my cousin from Boston with her husband and two daughters (12,11). This will be cruise #7 for us.

We will either fly out on the Friday or Saturday before on the British Airways 747 flight that leaves Phoenix around 7:30 pm and gets into London Heathrow the next day around 1:30 pm and then connect to the 6:30 pm flight to Rome. The only reason I would go on Friday would be to add some time for any contingencies, since leaving on Saturday would not get us to Rome until around 10 pm the night before the cruise. We always take British Airways for our European-based DCL cruises because of the daily non-stops between Phoenix and London.

We will either fly out on the Friday or Saturday before on the British Airways 747 flight that leaves Phoenix around 7:30 pm and gets into London Heathrow the next day around 1:30 pm and then connect to the 6:30 pm flight to Rome. The only reason I would go on Friday would be to add some time for any contingencies, since leaving on Saturday would not get us to Rome until around 10 pm the night before the cruise. We always take British Airways for our European-based DCL cruises because of the daily non-stops between Phoenix and London.

We love the direct Phoenix to London, too. We may add some days on land on the front or back end of this trip - so I will worry about those details later. Just happy to have this itinerary booked!

We are booked on this cruise too. This will be our eighth cruise, fifth on the Magic. I am sailing with my husband Jay and my daughter Georgia (14), my name is Tracy. We are coming from Nova Scotia Canada.

I booked this cruise on Tuesday and just made our deposit to confirm! Woohoo!

My name is Lessa, 35, and I will be cruising with my mom, Elizabeth. This will be our second Disney cruise. I am very excited to share this trip with my mom. One of the places she has always wanted to travel is Greece and so I am happy to be able to take her on this trip. I've been to Italy several times before but on land trips so this will be a new perspective for me and I have never been to Greece by land or sea.

We plan to fly in several days before the trip so I can show Mom around one of my favourite cities, Rome!

We are from Ontario, Canada.

In the summer of 1993, I cut short a European backpacking trip to spend more time with a sweet Egyptian guy I had met in a small, beachside town outside Amsterdam.

That first day, I looked like a wet turtle; me and my rain soaked backpack dripping all over the floor of the rinky-dink snackbar/cafe where he worked. He was cute, seemed kind and quite happy for company since I was probably his only patron that day. He gave me free french fries and an orange Fanta (the way to my heart!), and we ended up spending the next 2 weeks together. It was kind of ridiculous - like living in a rom-com movie montage from “Under the Tuscan Sun” or “The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.” This kind of thing didn’t happen in real life and definitely not to me, but I leaned into it anyway because... why not?

On the 3rd week, I left him (reluctantly) to continue my travels. I had a barely used EuRail pass burning a hole in my fanny pack and my “Let’s Go, Europe” book with so many places still to explore. I was supposed to move on. I told him I’d come back at the end of the summer, but neither of us seemed convinced that would happen.

About a week later, I made it to the stinky, boozy Pink Palace hotel in Corfu, but he was all I could think about. I was very torn because this trip was a celebration of my post-college independence and the crown jewel was to explore the Greek Isles, but I also wanted to follow my bliss, and my bliss was still with him. Still, I knew everyone would say I was so lame to give up this adventure for some guy I barely knew!

This was before smartphones and email, so I ended up sending a FAX to my high school teacher/life-long mentor, explaining my predicament. He faxed me back right away (the hotel staff was surprised, but I wasn’t), advising me, “You are the only judge of your experience. Don’t worry about what others would choose for you to do.” And he reminded me that summers occur every year. Sounds silly, but when you feel like you are making an epic decision, it helps to be reminded that life is cyclical, not linear.

The next day while most of the hungover 20-something backpackers took the ferry deeper into Greece, I joined a couple Canadian girls and headed toward Italy and briskly back to that beach town outside Amsterdam. I didn’t know what would happen when I got there. Maybe the spark would be gone? Maybe he will have moved on to the next American tourist? Regardless, I really wanted to see how this story would end.

I showed up unannounced at the cafe. It was actually beach weather this day, so there was a little crowd inside. But through the door and waiting customers, I saw him behind the glass case of chilled croquettes and assorted Fanta cans. I readied myself for whatever reaction he might have, preparing to read his face to determine how he felt about my unexpected return. But it didn’t really matter what he thought. No matter what happened next, I’d be ok. I knew there would be another summer.

I am so excited to be finally going to explore the Greek Isles! I will be cruising with my mom, daughter (who will be 15 when we sail), and my sweet Egyptian guy as we celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary and 27th summer together.

Last edited:
Also, booked during the "Gold" window. It will be my husband, son (26), and daughter (23). Greece has been on the bucket list and we can't wait to go!

We just booked this week and are looking for the Fish Extender group - Can anyone point us in the right direction?

FYI for my fellow cruisers... new port adventures were put up for Piraeus recently... allows for planning for those interested

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter