Disney Magic 7 Night Southern Caribbean April 23, 2017

FettingFam

Earning My Ears
My DH, DD and I are going on our first cruise next year. I didn't see a meet forum for the Magic starting April 23, 2017 to Southern Caribbean, so I wanted to start a thread to learn more about what to expect on a cruise, what are considered "must do", see what are recommended excursions, learn about fish extenders/fish extender groups, and basically any other tips anyone would have for a New Cruiser.

Thank you

Hi! We are all signed up for this cruise! It is myself, my dh and dd. We would love to join and FE group. Please let me know how I can do that. We look forward to some new ports of call as we have taken many disney cruises but this will be our first Southern Caribbean. Cant wait.

Hi bdubin,

Of course it would be awesome to have you in our FE group. Did you belong to a FE group on any previous Disney cruises??

We were part of our first FE group this past February. I of course over did it with the gifts but I had a blast.

I'm sure I'll go "overboard" for this trip. We are so excited for our first cruise. I welcome any help in setting up our FE group. It looks like we have plenty of time to plan... But of course I'm already researching everything. If you have any recommendations on planning the cruise itself/excursions that would be great too.

Myself, DH, and DS will be on this cruise as well. Our first 7-night cruise and first time to the Southern Caribbean. Very much looking forward to it!!!

Last edited:
Greetings everyone.
This will be our 5th DCL cruise and the first time on the Magic. Looking forward to the cruise!!!

Just booked our cruise!!! This is our 4th. Looking to join FE. Would not be the same if we didn't. Please let me know how and what to do. Thanks.

How can I get signed up to belong to the FE group?
Welcome ... Consider yourself added!!! If you can just let me know how many are in your traveling party, and the age of any children it will be helpful as people plan for the FE gifts.

Anne

Myself, DH, and DS will be on this cruise as well. Our first 7-night cruise and first time to the Southern Caribbean. Very much looking forward to it!!!

So excited to see more people posting on this thread. I love your Dory Countdown ... How can I attach one to my posts?

Anne

Hello - we're also booked for this cruise, excited to be visiting ports we haven't been to before. This will be our 5th Disney cruise, 4th with the Magic, we prefer this ship by far over the others.

We've never done the FE, but would love to add this to our on board activities, sounds like huge fun. There's myself (50), DH (50), DD#1 (15) and DD #2 (12). Please add us to the fun!

Hello - we're also booked for this cruise, excited to be visiting ports we haven't been to before. This will be our 5th Disney cruise, 4th with the Magic, we prefer this ship by far over the others.

We've never done the FE, but would love to add this to our on board activities, sounds like huge fun. There's myself (50), DH (50), DD#1 (15) and DD #2 (12). Please add us to the fun!

Absolutely!! Very excited to add you to our FE list!!

Hey there fellow Disney Cruisers! Please add us to your Fish Extender list! DH (38), DW (37), DS (9) - (celebrating his 9th birthday on 4/22) and DD (12)
The kids loved doing the FEs last trip and even DH got in on the fun! We got so many great ideas and cannot wait to try them all out this year!

We are so excited for our 3rd DCL experience. We did StarWars Day at Sea in 4/2016 on the Fantasy and it was phenomenal! This will be our second stay on the Magic.

:chewy: :darth: #TeamHendrickson

I'm sure I'll go "overboard" for this trip. We are so excited for our first cruise. I welcome any help in setting up our FE group. It looks like we have plenty of time to plan... But of course I'm already researching everything. If you have any recommendations on planning the cruise itself/excursions that would be great too.

Recommendations on excursions - We learned the hard way not to book early departures...especially with young ones...port days are typically a little chaotic but the staff do an amazing job "Disney style, of course" . Book your excursions early (I believe they open them up mid-late January) for ones you know you want to do, but you can also book on board as well a the concierge desk. Enjoy your first Disney Cruise - you are going to LOVE it!

Hey there fellow Disney Cruisers! Please add us to your Fish Extender list! DH (38), DW (37), DS (9) - (celebrating his 9th birthday on 4/22) and DD (12)
The kids loved doing the FEs last trip and even DH got in on the fun! We got so many great ideas and cannot wait to try them all out this year!

We are so excited for our 3rd DCL experience. We did StarWars Day at Sea in 4/2016 on the Fantasy and it was phenomenal! This will be our second stay on the Magic.

:chewy: :darth: #TeamHendrickson

What an awesome 9th Birthday present for your son!!!! Very excited to add you to the FE list!!!

Recommendations on excursions - We learned the hard way not to book early departures...especially with young ones...port days are typically a little chaotic but the staff do an amazing job "Disney style, of course" . Book your excursions early (I believe they open them up mid-late January) for ones you know you want to do, but you can also book on board as well a the concierge desk. Enjoy your first Disney Cruise - you are going to LOVE it!

Sounds like you are Disney cruise Pros!! Thank you for the tips!

My husband, daughter and I are also booked for this cruise. It will be our 3rd and we are super excited! We've never done FE before but would like to try it. Let me know what you need from us. Excited!

Greetings from Parker, CO.

My son and I will be sailing with you:flower1:. Has a Facebook page been created?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter