Disney Magic 2018-First Bermuda Cruise. The Crazy Adventures Cruise

DMMarla07860

DIS Veteran
Cast Of Cruisers:

Julia(Me): 30 years old. I like Cruising, Vacations, Disney World and Disney. I'm a big Brooklyn Nets fan, I also enjoy music and working out.

Dad: He likes Vacations, Cruises, and Disney World and Disney as well. He owns I hardware store, where I work.

Before the cruise on October 2nd, 2018 I was diagnosed with Lupus, I'm not saying this for anyone to feel sorry, but that's where this adventure kind of begins.

October 4th, 2018-Broading Day

Woke up around 5:00am, I was excited, depressed, and feeling confused all in one, remember I did find out I had Lupus. I wasn't sure what to think. Got up and made some oatmeal and got ready. Talked with mom and finished getting organized and played with my cats. Dad got up and went to get Bananas for mom and I took a shower.

We left around 8:30am. We live 1 hour or so from NYC so not flying and what not this cruise. We hit traffic on the way, but we made it to NYC.

We parked at port and went to drop off our bags with a porter and then went and checked in. We found a seat and waited to board the Magic.

Saw Drew go by outside the window and that was awesome. They started boarding, so we headed onto the ship. Got boarding pictures before.

After boarding the ship we headed up to Cabana's for lunch.

We finished up lunch and explored the ship a bit. Dad got a drink of the day. I did too, but having just strated two new medications I wasn't comfortable drinking it, maybe again when I learn more and the time is right. But here is what it looked like.

After that we walked around a bit.

I called mom and talked to her about how I was feeling and the craziness, before the cruise and now. After that staterooms were ready so we went to check ours out.

Last edited:
Yay! I've been looking forward to a Bermuda trip report. Hope you had a wonderful time and that it took your mind off your troubles, yikes!

After checking out the stateroom and getting some things put away I left Dad and headed to explore the ship. I went to get some water on deck 9, saw DJ Alex which was awesome since I met him on the Wonder in March. I then explored the ship.

Went out to deck 4.

Went to the Promenade Lounge for a meet and then we all got a picture in the Atrium as people were still boarding.

After that I headed to the stateroom and rested a bit and to clear my head which was off remember. My suitcase was there, so I unpacked it and we wait for the lifeboat drill. Drill was the same and found out at the end we would be leaving port later then planned. Next was Adventures Away, so headed up to deck 10. I didn't really watch, but I did kind of, I think dad was up there too.

Last edited:

After that I walked around a bit and then headed to the stateroom to clear my head and rest and get ready for the show and dinner tonight. Dad came back when I was there and I told him I would grab a seat at the show and to meet me. Tonight's show was Tangled The Musical and it was great. When we were watching the show we had started to leave port, so when we got out it was prefect timing to go to deck 4 and watch us sail out.

We enjoyed seeing the city view, it was better then the Statue of Liberty view for us. After that we were going to play trivia in O'Gills, but it was after it started so we watched The Pumpkin Tree Lighting instead.

Dad headed back to the stateroom before dinner and saw this.

Dinner tonight was at Rapunzel's Royal Table tonight. We met our stablemates who were a lovely couple and also met our servers. Manu(I think) and Brandon-The Lion King(I think)(i'll double check with dad). I got this for dinner.

Went back to the stateroom and I saw this.

Last edited:
I changed into something a bit more casual and headed up to Fathoms to see Intuition. After that was Match Your Mate. I'll never think of the restrooms outside of Rapunzel's Royal Table the same again. After that I got a water for the bar. I decided to walk around a while and take some pictures.

I called it a earlier night today after all that happened

October 5th, 2018-Day At Sea

Slept in till 7:30am, it felt great after the past week. Woke up and got ready. My lip felt swollen, but it wasn't that bad, so I decided to try to forget about it. Dad got us coffee and then we headed up to Cabanas for breakfast. I got this. I was and still am trying to figure out my new diet and foods to have, I'll get the hang of it

After that we went back to the stateroom and I brushed my teeth and then I had a bit of a breakdown. After I did that it was much better though. I had a Princess gathering to go to so we went to that.

After that I think we headed back to the stateroom and then I cleared my head. Split up with Dad and walked around. I think we both explored the ship from pictures we had.

I grabbed some lunch.

I don't know what day did but here are some pictures from today.

At this point I decided to go to the shop real fast and pick up a few items, brought them to the stateroom and went and got a picture with Mickey in his Halloween Costume. I actually spotted Drew working.

Met Mickey

Chip and Dale were out again right after so Met them in Halloween Costumes.

After that we had a beverage tasting so met up with Dad. I think Martini, went to that and after that headed back to the stateroom and then walked around the ship. At 4:00pm we had a open bar with the cruise group so went to that and met some great people. After that I went back to the stateroom to get ready for the show and dinner. Went to see Michael Harrison in the Walt Disney Theatre After that i walked around a bit before dinner and I think dad went to the stateroom.

I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis, you are in my prayers.
I'm glad you went on the cruise and had a good time.
Take care of yourself.

Next up was dinner at Lumiere's. I had the following.

After dinner went to the stateroom and found this.

I left dad and headed up to Fathoms so see The Feud and then stuck around and saw Halloween isn't just for Kids. After that got a water from the bar and then chat with some of the friends I made last night. I called it a earlier night since we were going to Bermuda tomorrow and had a big day

October 6th, 2018-Bermuda

Dad woke up earlier then me and got dressed and got us some coffee from Cove Cafe and walked around.

Dad came back and I got ready and then we headed up to Cabana's for breakfast. Again I went healthier.

We headed up to deck 10 to see us docked in Bermuda.

We walked around a bit more and took some pictures.

Today we were doing two excursions. The first went to The Aquarium and Crystal Caves. We met up on the ship in D Lounge for this excursion and then were lead of the ship. First time in Bermuda for the ship and us.

We got on the bus and were on our way to the Aquarium first.

We looked around the Aquarium for a while.

Next it was off to Crystal Caves. We saw this view along the drive.

We arrived and were directed to our tour area and then it was off into the cave. It was great to see.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Disney-T...uda-Dad/i-zQGqrXv/0/e9b7a7e9/M/IMG_2719-M.jpg

After that we got some fries for a snack and then got on the bus and were headed to the local ice cream place for a special treat of ice cream. It was a local place. I got Banana ice cream. Then we got back on the bus to headed back to the port.

Next up was the show which was Twice Charmed and we saw that again of course. Then we headed back to the stateroom and got room service for dinner since we had a excursion at night. I got this.

And Dad got this.

After that I walked around a bit and then we headed to meet for our excursion into the Bermuda Triangle. We got off the ship, cool to see it lite up at night

We got on the ferry boat and headed out to the Bermuda Triangle.

We got back on the Magic and saw this in the room.

I went out to explore the ship a bit while it was empty.

I ended up going to get water at the bar and chatting with my new friends a bit and then I headed to bed early to rest a bit.

What did you think of The Bermuda Triangle night cruise??
Its one I'm thinking about for our cruise next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts