Disney Lost and found

JagsandJax

Mommy to 2 wild and crazy boys
Hi all, Just got back from a great trip aboard the Wonder. But now I have a problem. I accidentally left my outfit that I wore on the last night there somehow. Do you know what they do with left clothing? Is there a number I can call for lost and found. My son also left his autograph book in the kids club. Thanks

I just wanted to bump this thread for the valuable Lost and Found phone number. These people are great! I totally freaked out as we were leaving the cruise terminal on debarkation day (Magic Western) because I suddenly realized we were missing a whole bag that had all 5 of our jackets (one of them with sentimental value), a pair of brand new shoes, and some misc toiletries in it. I then realized what had happened. We ate in Lumiere's the final morning (7 am) and near the end of breakfast, DS8 had to use the bathroom so he left by the main door to go over to Beat Street. Shortly thereafter they closed off the main door to accomodate debarkation lines in the atrium and you had to enter through the side door, which DS didn't even really know about. So we grabbed up our things, said goodbye to our servers and went off to find him. In this haste we totally forgot the bag that he was in charge of and which was way under the table near his seat.

As soon as we exited the terminal, realized the loss, and got on our way to the airport, I got on the phone and alerted DCL right away (just got a voice mail) and later sent an email (the email reply simply said to contact Lost and Found at the above number, which I had already done) and just hoped for the best. A few days into the week, Dick at Lost and Found called me and said he was sorry but he had searched everything they had and there was nothing like I described. I said thanks and he said that sometimes items don't make it off the ship until the following week's debarkation and that he would not close the case. I called back again this past Saturday and left another message just to check and within 5 minutes he called me and said I must be psychic because he was just trying to call me as I called him. He had our bag! He sent it out that Monday and did not accept my offer to pay for the shipping. It cost them $17 and arrived two days later. Everything was exactly as we left it. There was no identification on the bag (just a large plastic gift shop bag) or any of items, so I was extremely grateful to get them back. The sweetest part was my daughter's face when she realized her shell collection from Castaway Cay was in my jacket pocket.

They are very nice there! In addition to Dick, there is also a very nice lady named Cindy. If you lose anything at all, call then right away and leave as detailed a message as you can. They really seem to care. :)

I'm bumping this as well. We were on the Dream a week ago, and after I got home I realized that one of my SD cards is missing. I know I changed it our on our last night at Animators Palette, and I couldn't tell you if I saw it after that. We also did WDW parks and Sea World. I have now put out a few calls and hoping it shows up somewhere. I don't know when or where it was lost, so it's like finding a needle in a haystack.

We just came off the Dream on Tuesday, and my dad left a whole bag of merchandise he bought while on the boat..We did contact lost and found and they said as of right now they dont have anything..They said the samething sometimes things dont make it off the ship right away, so after reading this thread, i feel slightly better knowing they may find it:worship:

Just returned from a Disney Dream cruise and realized while doing laundry I somehow forgot every single pair of shorts that my 5 year old daughter had, plus some of her shirts and one of my shoes! Called the DCL lost and found line twice and did not receive a response so sent them an email. Received a call back within an hour from one of the cast members saying that they found everything and will put a box in the mail tomorrow and send it to me tomorrow. Hooray! Love it when a story has a happy ending so wanted to pass it on. :wizard:

I recently returned from a 4 night Disney cruise from Cape Canaveral to Nassau to Castaway Isalnd and was in such a rush to get of the boat I left behind a few items in a drawer. I contacted lost and found and they were quick to respond that they would look for the items. They did communicate for the first few days but now they have gone cold...no responses! I make an assumption that someone(s) on that ship were not doing their job by turning in items that have been left behind. Guess the guy who cleaned our room liked my swim suite and under panties and decided to keep them...or thought they were disgusting and threw them in the trash. I was under the impression that Disney would return anything left behind in your cabin...not so...as of yet. Agree, my fault for wanting to exist so quickly and not checking my drawers and I also realize they are not responsible for items left behind but...I have left items at the Marriott and had them returned...guess Disney does not compare to Marriott when it comes to items left behind!

I don't think they actually check the drawers. So unless the next person turned it in, it might not be found. They may look afterwards

On our Disney cruise many years ago my son left his jacket on the ship. It took 3-4 weeks before Disney called . Apparently someone set it in a corner on the ship and it took 2 trips to get off and be delivered to the cruise office in Celebration , Florida . Don't give up hope yet.

Hi

We were on the Disney Dream last October & unfortunately got caught in Hurricane Sandy. We ended up changing cabins after the first night, so stayed in 2 cabins. When we were packing to leave the ship we did not check very well as all we wanted to do was get off the ship as my daughter was quite ill. When we got back to the villa,we discovered we did not have our camcorder discs in our bags and know we had left them in one of the cabins. We did contact the lost property and explained that on our last night it was so rough that doors were opening and everything was flying around so there was every chance these discs may have fallen somewhere and they are fairly small so they may need to search for them. Unfortunately after about a month is seemed like they were not going to turn up. These discs had some very precious recordings on them and I am still heartbroken that they were lost. My question is how long do they keep your details on file, for instance if they were found 3/4 months later would they still contact you? I was just wondering if it would be worthwhile contacting them again? We are going to Florida again in 4 months time and as I am sorting out my camcorder it has reminded me about this and would be so delighted if these could be found. We know for certain they were left on the ship, so really cannot understand why they have not been found yet. Sorry if this has gone on abit, still upsets me so much about the recordings I lost:sad1: Thank you to anyone who reads this and has any suggestions
Allie

We lost se tennis shoes on castaway cay and we were told they would keep our info for 30 days. Don't know if that means they just toss us out or what after 30 days. The shoes were never returned which was disappointing but they were replaceable unlike your discs.

I'm glad someone bumped this! I have had phenomenal service with DCL's lost and found!!

They have found everything we have lost and gotten it to us immediately in Fed-Ex packages! :thumbsup2

I asked my TA to contact the ship, but it's great to have a number!

We had a really interesting and somewhat complicated situation after our July 11 Dream cruise. We had everything when we left and got on the shuttle back to Country Inn & Suites. There was one other family from DCL on the shuttle with us (and a few from RCCL), and in conversation we learned that they were going back to WDW (this is once it actually was a good thing my dad could talk to a post). When the boys went to the bathroom, we found out they were staying at the Grand Floridian (that part was a surprise to the boys). We all got loaded into our respective cars and headed off.

Well, when my sister and a friend of ours and I were heading to EPCOT for early birthday drinks before they took me to the airport, we got a call from our parents who had already left to begin driving home to see if we had the Castaway Club backpack (my sister was the only CC member, and she gave the pack to Daddy who had put his toiletry kit (including medication), some flip flops, and the t-shirt he'd gotten on board inside of it). We weren't in my sister's car or around any luggage, but my sister said they'd check when they got back to our friend's apartment. Wasn't there. So Daddy contacted DCL - in our case shoreside as we'd been concierge and this was the contact info he had.

He told them all the information - our cabin number (though we knew he'd left the ship with it), where we'd had breakfast, where we'd waited for the shuttle, and about the other family on the ship and where they were going. (He also contacted CI&S, but there had been no backpack found or turned in.) He got a copy of the email that was sent out to the PA, the ship team, and the GF. Daddy got an initial call from someone at the GF saying at that point nothing had been turned in, but he would go personally the next morning to the lost and found area and get back to Daddy. Well, he never heard anything and we gave up the bag for lost. (He had gotten the meds replaced, and my sister said she could easily replace the flip flops and t-shirt.)

Well, Friday of the week we got back, my dad was at his volunteer job and the phone rang, so my mom answered it. The caller asked for Daddy, but Mom said she could take a message. It was someone from the Grand Floridian, and the backpack had been turned in!! They wanted to verify the address and shipped it to him at express at no charge!!

Bravo everyone involved in recovering the backpack!!

(And if you're on a shuttle, talk to the people! You'll never know how it might come out.)

We recently went on the Disney Dream Cruise (4/17-4/22/17) and had a blast. My son left his wallet on board and once he noticed it was left I contacted lost and found immediately.

He left his wallet, $42, A Disney Gift Card ($30) and 10 souvenir park tickets from the years he has been.
They found the wallet with all included and informed me that we would be getting back the wallet but the cash was sent to finance. We would receive a check separate from finance for the amount of the cash. We got everything back with the exception of the gift card. The gift card was noted on the voucher along with the type of wallet, money and park cards so I believe they knew it was there once it was turned in. Just confused as to why we did not get the gift card back. They are looking into why the gift card was not sent and will get back to me.

The service in lost and found is awesome and I really do appreciate that they are doing all they can to help us out. So if you think it may be lost forever, call and report it missing immediately and you should get it back. DCL Lost & Found: 407-566-3734.

Great experience on all levels...will update status on Gift Card when we hear something.

Everytime we debark, the table area of lost and found is overflowing with items. So glad to hear that items are returned to the owner's even after then have left the cruise terminal.

Everytime we debark, the table area of lost and found is overflowing with items. So glad to hear that items are returned to the owner's even after then have left the cruise terminal.

:thumbsup2

The sweetest part was my daughter's face when she realized her shell collection from Castaway Cay was in my jacket pocket.

It's great you got your stuff back, but Disney is pretty explicit about this being against the rules. (And aside from that it is a violation of US Customs.)

We recently did our first cruise ship aboard the disney dream. All was going well when we disembarked we found that one of our luggage was missing. We searched every where and found that it was not any where in the baggage claim area. So we were asked to file a report. They asked us to wait until the ship came back and sometimes all luggage does not make it back. But no luck. They have asked us to wait for 2 weeks if they hear any thing before they might call us. We are thinking someone took our luggage with them and left theirs behind. in that case hoping they give back our bags and give us our bag with its belongings back to us. Anyone in the same boat before?

We recently did our first cruise ship aboard the disney dream. All was going well when we disembarked we found that one of our luggage was missing. We searched every where and found that it was not any where in the baggage claim area. So we were asked to file a report. They asked us to wait until the ship came back and sometimes all luggage does not make it back. But no luck. They have asked us to wait for 2 weeks if they hear any thing before they might call us. We are thinking someone took our luggage with them and left theirs behind. in that case hoping they give back our bags and give us our bag with its belongings back to us. Anyone in the same boat before?

I'm so sorry to hear this happened to you. I sure hope you don't have to wait long before you hear that they have found your luggage! Not a great way to end your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter