Disney Legend and Voice of Tony the Tiger, Thurl Ravenscroft has passed away

WDWHound

DIS Veteran
You've heard his voice in the parks. Thurl Ravenscroft was...
The voice of Fritz the Parrot in the Enchanted Tiki Room
Buff the Buffalo in the Country Bear Jamoree
The bass tombstone (the one many people think is Walt Disney) and many other voices in the Haunted Mansion
The voice of many pirates in The Pirates of the Carribean
The announcer for the Disneyland railroad.

And thats just in the parks. He was also...
The voice of Tony the Tiger
The singer of "You're a Mean one Mr Grinch" in How the Grinch Stole Christamas
A voice actor in many animated films, such as "Cinderella," "The Jungle Book," "Mary Poppins," "Alice in Wonderland," "Lady and the Tramp" and many others.

His amazing, deep basso voice was everywhere, but now that voice has been silenced. Thrul Ravenscroft passed away Sunday at the age of 91.

RIP Mr Ravenscroft, and thank you for all the wonderful music and characters you gave us.

tony.jpg

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/05/24/ravenscroft.ap/index.html

So sorry to hear this.

What a wonderful legacy he has left for all of us. Thanks for sharing the info on his many accomplishments.

That is so sad! He was the narrator at the Pageant of Master's in Laguna Beach when I lived out there, and was such a sweet man. The family that I nannied for were in the Pageant and we spent a lot of time there that year.

I met Mr. Ravenscroft at the Pageant one summer when I was part of South Coast Rep's Summer Program...got to sit in the lighting booth the night I went. I actually don't remember much of the Pageant, but I sure do remember meeting him.

I wonder if Imagineering will put up an extra tombstone at WDW's and/or DL's Haunted Mansion...

agnes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter