Disney Just Bought LUCASFILM LTD. = Star Wars Franchise

Completely disagree that the recent stuff is bad. Sith is the second best movie, hands down (and I am an old dude who saw the original in the theaters in 1977!). But I digress....

According to what I just read, the are coming out with SW 7,8, and 9 and then the plan is for a new Star Wars movie EVERY TWO YEARS. (From Iger's press release)

I think it is now obvious why we have not seen any movement on Tomorrowland. Look for a complete Star Wars re-theme. I am actually good with this and hope that the team will let the creativity flow. Potter land indeed..

Well, i can think of some folks who have three years to get themselves in shape...

sp_carrie_fisher_yo_yo_wm_nt_120509_wmain.jpg

markhamilton1.jpg

Harrison+Ford+Harrison+Ford+Out+New+Orleans+Fz-JUUXF4aVl.jpg

AWESOME :lmao:

Absolutely love the announcement though. It has such great possibilities for the future.

I would feel better if Disney had made any decent non-animated films recently. I guess that they couldn't do worse than Star Wars I though.

Ugh.

As a huge Star Wars and Disney fan this is great news for me. After the (IMO) dreadful mess of the last 3 movies I hope they get someone like Joss Whedon to lead the creative process for the new trilogy.

My predictions...
May 20th 2015 Star Wars Ep7 - set 20 years after Return of the Jedi
Avatar Land cancelled at Animal Kingdom
New Star Wars Land at Disney Studios WDW opens.... May 20 2015.

really hope mark and carrie can get into top shape like harrison ford has done.

Really want to see them in a Star Wars movie again, but I want them looking good, they arent looking so great in those pics

they got about 2 years , they can do it, if they want

As a huge Star Wars and Disney fan this is great news for me. After the (IMO) dreadful mess of the last 3 movies I hope they get someone like Joss Whedon to lead the creative process for the new trilogy.

My predictions...
May 20th 2015 Star Wars Ep7 - set 20 years after Return of the Jedi
Avatar Land cancelled at Animal Kingdom
New Star Wars Land at Disney Studios WDW opens.... May 20 2015.

i predict your prediction for avatar is wrong...construction begins in a few months

Forget about Starwars land in DHS, I would say a 5th gate! j/k. This is big news could be a game changer for Disney good or bad don't know yet.

It is very funny but really sad that so many find this news as positive. Disney couldn't make animated so they bought Pixar. They can't generate live action success so they buy Lucasfilm for Star Wars, a huge franchise but one that is oh so dated and useless. I couldn't even talk my 23 yo daughter into riding Star Wars with me today and she still hasn't ridden the updated version!

Too bad Disney forgot how to harness imagination. Walt would not want to be unfrozen at this point.

I doubt this influences Avatar beyond the switch to plan B, which was always coming anyway.

It is very funny but really sad that so many find this news as positive. Disney couldn't make animated so they bought Pixar. They can't generate live action success so they buy Lucasfilm for Star Wars, a huge franchise but one that is oh so dated and useless. I couldn't even talk my 23 yo daughter into riding Star Wars with me today and she still hasn't ridden the updated version!

Too bad Disney forgot how to harness imagination. Walt would not want to be unfrozen at this point.

I doubt this influences Avatar beyond the switch to plan B, which was always coming anyway.

Good to hear from the jaded camp. :thumbsup2

Disney IS harnessing imagination...they bought Pixar, Marvel and now Lucasfilm.

This could be blue sky pipe dreams, the villians themed 5th gate has been brought up from time to time. With Disney talking about new Star Wars movies could we see a Star Wars thrill park? IF this happens it will be at least 2020.

Sure the bus drivers rumors will become very intersting.

who cares about star wars land i want Indiana jones world!!!

Now that's a fun idea. :)

when we getting a howard the duck ride?? :rotfl2:

What about tying American Graffiti in with CarsLand at DCA? :)

Completely disagree that the recent stuff is bad.

I can't *completely* disagree, but since my son LOVES the 5 SW movies he has seen (we just can't bring ourselves to let him watch #3...heck, I haven't even watched it) I've had the movies on repeatedly in the house for 5 years, and they grow on you.

Then again, Mamma Mia (the movie) grew on me, too. So take my words here with a few grains of salt. :)

I couldn't even talk my 23 yo daughter into riding Star Wars with me today and she still hasn't ridden the updated version!

That's really too bad. She should go, it's great. I really hated the idea of changing Star Tours, but after about the second time on it, I liked it. DS cried about changing it, and now he can't even remember of the original robot who becomes the pilot (I can't remember his name either). It's a good ride, and your daughter really ought to ride it.

My boys, 21 and 26, are very excited. Like super super super excited. But, we love the franchise a LOT.

We don't find the franchise dated, either...but we follow the "universe" via the books, comics, and video games that are current.

Congrats for all the Star Wars fans. We are not fans of Star Wars (unless you count Lego Star Wars for our son). But, if this means possible new rides, I am all for it!!

Congrats for all the Star Wars fans. We are not fans of Star Wars (unless you count Lego Star Wars for our son). But, if this means possible new rides, I am all for it!!
I'm a major Star Wars fan but cynical about this. Time will tell if I'm wrong and I sincerely hope that I am.

I see Peter Pirate above. Funny how often we continue to agree but if you see this do check out the new Star Tours. It's pretty good.

Forget about Starwars land in DHS, I would say a 5th gate! j/k. This is big news could be a game changer for Disney good or bad don't know yet.

Well if there was a brand that would easily lend itself to an entire park it is Star Wars. I mean you could Hub and Spoke it easily with Tatooine, naboo, Corusant, Kashykk or The Endor Moon, easily plus a few more lands.

Doubt it happens, but my dream would be Indy Jones and Cars lands at DHS and a 5th Gate Star Wars Kingdom... Nerdgasm!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts