Disney Jr. Breakfast characters?

Stefileslie85

Mouseketeer
The last time we did the Disney Jr. breakfast was 2017 and we had Jake, Sofia, Doc and maybe Mickey or Goofy as characters, any new character apearances?

Jake has been replaced by Vamperina. We had all the others you mentioned, except I don't think Goofy was there. This was earlier this year on the Fantasy.

If you sail outside the Caribbean, you’ll encounter the big 5 instead of Disney Jr. Remember it’s only on 7+nights cruises.

Thanks for the info. We'll be going on a 7 night double dip to Castaway and then Key West. We already booked our breakfast and it said it was the Disney Jr. breakfast. It would be cool to have Mickey and the gang but we will not be sailing out of the Caribbean.🙂

Thanks for the pics! Vampirina looks cooler than I thought she would. Our girls are hoping Fancy Nancy makes an appearance but so far it doesn't looks like she will.
Two weeks ago on the Fantasy, we had Vampirina, Doc, Goofy (from Mickey and the Roadster Racers), and Mickey.

Fancy Nancy is at the Disney Jr. breakfast at Hollywood and Dine in DHS, but was not yet on the ship's breakfast for us. I believe she did have a character appearance on the ship, though.

Two weeks ago on the Fantasy, we had Vampirina, Doc, Goofy (from Mickey and the Roadster Racers), and Mickey.

Fancy Nancy is at the Disney Jr. breakfast at Hollywood and Dine in DHS, but was not yet on the ship's breakfast for us. I believe she did have a character appearance on the ship, though.
Goofy and Mickey would be welcome as balance to Sofia, Vampirina, and Doc. My son enjoys McStuffins, won't tolerate sofia, and knows who vampirinia is.

On the fantasy August 24 sailing we had Mickey, Minnie, doc, and vampirina! It was a really good breakfast too! As for fancy Nancy she did a couple of meet and greet times during our week. We met her our last at sea day at 2pm.

As with all character activities on the cruise they sometimes switch it up because of cast member availability to play certain roles, and people needing to take breaks (especially in the "suits" they have to wear for those kinds of characters) so I wouldn't necessarily assume the most recent example reported here is what you will get. The same thing goes for the princess M&G--we once had Sofia there too even though she's a Disney junior character; just depends who is available at a given time.

Thank you all so much for the info. We won't expect to see Nancy on the Wonder this November but we will keep an eye on our Navigator in case she makes an appearance. 😊

Not sure if you've done the character breakfast on either the Magic or Wonder before. If not, it's a lot better than on the Fantasy, I haven't done it on the Dream, so can't comment on it. We've done it 3 times on the Magic/Wonder and twice on the Fantasy. The characters spent more time at our table and the CMs do something extra on the Magic/Wonder. On the Fantasy the whole breakfast was rushed.

Just got off the Sept 7 Fantasy sailing and our Disney Jr Breakfast characters were Doc McStuffins, Vampirina, Mickey, and Fancy Nancy!435816

:cool1: That's AWESOME!!!! Our girls will be so excited if Nancy is on the Wonder as well. Thank you for the update and the picture.😊
So you're asking about the breakfast on the Wonder? That's totally different. The Magic and Wonder do classic characters at their breakfast. Last time we had Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, and Pluto. I agree with the previous poster who said the classics have the better breakfast. The lighting in their version of AP is also better so you don't get the strange blue tinge to all your photos.

E50454C5-1D63-4EA7-AC22-7B0C330876E3.jpeg

So you're asking about the breakfast on the Wonder? That's totally different. The Magic and Wonder do classic characters at their breakfast. Last time we had Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, and Pluto. I agree with the previous poster who said the classics have the better breakfast. The lighting in their version of AP is also better so you don't get the strange blue tinge to all your photos.

View attachment 435849

Thanks for the pic. 🙂 The last 2 times we were on the Wonder (2016 & 2017) it was the Disney Jr. Breakfast with 3 Disney Jr. characters (we had Jake, Sofia and Doc) and i'm pretty sure Mickey and Goofy. Both of those cruises were 7 nights and in the Caribbean. It has been posted on this thread that if you are not in the Caribbean you get the classic character breakfast not the Disney Jr. Breakfast, was your cruise on the Wonder in the Caribbean? If we end up with the classic character breakfast that would be cool also, as our girls love Mickey and his pals just as much as the Dis. Jr. crew. 😊

We have a Merrytime Fantasy cruise coming up this December and are opting out of the character breakfast, because we didn't enjoy it much last time we were on the Fantasy. We don't care for the Disney Junior characters, the breakfast itself was sub-par, and they stuck us at a table with another family who ignored me when I said hello. They moved us to our own table upon my request, but it still wasn't a great experience, with the very limited breakfast optons & the rushed nature of it. They made us stay at our seats when the characters came by- no standing up to get a good pic with Mickey (the only non-Junior character who was there). It was very unlike the interaction we were used to from character breakfasts at WDW.

On the Wonder in Alaska, we had a much better experience. We asked for our own table upon arrival & were given one, it was the Fab Five instead of Disney Junior characters, and the breakfast itself was actually good.

So we'd do it again on the Wonder in Alaska, but not on the Fantasy.

Last edited:
Thanks for the pic. 🙂 The last 2 times we were on the Wonder (2016 & 2017) it was the Disney Jr. Breakfast with 3 Disney Jr. characters (we had Jake, Sofia and Doc) and i'm pretty sure Mickey and Goofy. Both of those cruises were 7 nights and in the Caribbean. It has been posted on this thread that if you are not in the Caribbean you get the classic character breakfast not the Disney Jr. Breakfast, was your cruise on the Wonder in the Caribbean? If we end up with the classic character breakfast that would be cool also, as our girls love Mickey and his pals just as much as the Dis. Jr. crew. 😊

We were on the Wonder for an Eastern Caribbean in 2018 and we had the classic characters, not the Jr ones. It was a 7 night also. Fancy Nancy must have just joined the Fantasy, we didn't have her earlier this year on the Fantasy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter