Disney Internship??

PADisneyGal94

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone, I'm new here & I'm hoping this thread will help answer my questions about doing a disney professional internship.

First a little background...I am a senior in college studying early childhood education. I have background experience working with children of all ages in a public setting and in a classroom. Last summer I worked at my zoo in the kids summer camp program while also gaining experience handling exotic animals. I have always loved Disney and I have visited Disney World 10+ times in my lifetime. It should be noted, I never did the DCP but I understand its not required... because a girl I worked with at the zoo last summer is in Disney right now doing a PI. Therefore....I am now really into the idea of doing an internship with disney next January (2018) after I graduate this December(2017). I am obviously interested in doing one of the education internships at Animal Kingdom or at EPCOT in the seas with nemo and friends aquarium. As I mentioned, I do have a friend at disney right now doing the same type of internship I'm interested in but I can't bother her with 1000 questions when I know she is busy.

So...the point of this thread is to benefit me and maybe any other people in my position looking at doing a Disney PI. Now let's get started....I have been on the disney career page and internship page, I have read the descriptions of the ones I'm interested in, but I don't know where to go from there...
For example, some questions I have are...
1. How do I apply? And when do I apply?
2. Is a PI paid? Do I have to pay to get into an internship?
3. Where will I live in Disney? and is rent expensive? (I'm from Pennsylvania)
4. Is it possible to become a full-time disney cast member after my internship?
5. I love Disney, Children, and Animals...has anyone ever done one of the education internships before...did you enjoy it? Why or why not?
6. Will I have down time to enjoy Disney & visit the other parks?

I'm sorry if this seems like a lot...if anyone has inside information or a link to a website explaining all this could you please post it...I'm trying to gather as much information as I can to determine if this will be a good fit for me. Also, if anyone can answer some of my questions or provide me some general information or just share their experiences in the PI program I would appreciate it, Thank you!

Last edited:
1. How do I apply? And when do I apply?
2. Is a PI paid? Do I have to pay to get into an internship?
3. Where will I live in Disney? and is rent expensive? (I'm from Pennsylvania)
4. Is it possible to become a full-time disney cast member after my internship?
5. I love Disney, Children, and Animals...has anyone ever done one of the education internships before...did you enjoy it? Why or why not?
6. Will I have down time to enjoy Disney & visit the other parks?

1. Apply through the Disney Careers site. A bunch of positions were posted yesterday, including education ones.
2. Yes, it is paid. You do not have to pay to be in the program.
3. There are 2 options - Disney housing, or outside housing. Disney subleases a portion of Falcon Square Apartments (located in Independence behind Magic Kingdom) and reserves this space for PIs (no CPs will live in the Disney portion of this complex). You will be sharing a room, and rent comes out of your paycheck, the rooms are furnished, and you must provide your own transportation. You can live off property, but not many complexes in the area offer short leases, and you will probably need to share an apartment with someone. There are facebook groups to help find roommates (often this involves sub-leasing/finishing out a lease/etc).
4. Possible, yes. Promised, no. It really depends on where you want to work and what is available.
5. N/A, but I have several friends who work as Wilderness Explorers (the Animal Kingdom Education PI) and love it.
6. Yes. The internship is full-time, but many roles do not allow/encourage OT, so plan on working around 40 hours a week.

http://profinterns.disneycareers.com/en/default/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!