Disney Insurance? If have to cancel trip can we apply a DCL credit to upcoming trip?

Cmbar

DIS Veteran
I was wondering if anyone who has ever had to cancel a cruise, had Disney insurance was able to apply that cruise credit to an exisiting cruise or if you had to make a new cruise booking to use that credit.

Our situation: We have a cruise booked in October with Disney insurance added. We also have a cruise booked next year for Alaska.

Grandparent isn't doing well and we are fearful that she may not make it over the next few months. If we had to cancel due to her death would Disney insurance cover this? She has ALS and it is proressing quickly. If we weren't covered by Disney's insurance company I understand that you get a cruise credit for the trip. If so, can I apply that credit to our existing reservation on the Alaska cruise.

No, insurance is non transferable and non refundable. I found that out when my Y/A told me to get insurance on a dummy date and when I moved the date, my insurance was gone and I had to get new.

As to the grandmother's death, you will need to read your policy to find out what your insurance will cover, it may or may not.

Whether DCL's insurance would reimburse you for your cruise costs if you cancelled due to her death depends on the cause of death. If she was ill when you purchased the insurance, then it would be considered a pre-existing condition, and DCL doesn't have a waiver of pre-existing conditions. Your claim would be denied, and then you'd get a credit. I don't know the answer to that part of your question, but the fine print of your policy may explain the use of the credit.

No, insurance is non transferable and non refundable. I found that out when my Y/A told me to get insurance on a dummy date and when I moved the date, my insurance was gone and I had to get new.

As to the grandmother's death, you will need to read your policy to find out what your insurance will cover, it may or may not.

I believe Cmbar is asking if the cruise credit issued by the insurance company can be used for an already-booked cruise.

While non-DCL trip insurance is non-refundable after the usual 10-day "free look" - it can often be moved from one trip to another. I've transferred the insurance (Travelex and Travel Insured) from one trip to a new one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter