Disney info in mail

lgruender

Mouseketeer
Last year after I paid for my vacation, I got a nice package from WD with info/map of parks, info on the hotel we were staying at and info about the dining plan and such. I already have received the final confirmation and luggage tags but haven't received anything else. Have things changed this year and they don't provide that or am I just that excited about my vacation this year?

I'm interested in this too.

We're going in September, our trip has been paid for for at least 4-5 weeks now.

It's our first trip and I was sooooooooooooooooooo hoping we'd get a packet like you mentioned with maps, general information etc.

Do I need to call Disney and request it specifically? We booked online.

You got the free dining, you paid rack rate. None lower.

I got an information package as soon as I made reservations. Right now I am waiting, rather impatiently for the luggage tags, etc., which my TA says should arrive 14 - 10 days prior to our departure.

jrasmom said:
I'm interested in this too.

We're going in September, our trip has been paid for for at least 4-5 weeks now.

It's our first trip and I was sooooooooooooooooooo hoping we'd get a packet like you mentioned with maps, general information etc.

Do I need to call Disney and request it specifically? We booked online.

I booked over the phone with Disney and haven't received anything.

A while ago there was a similar thread about this info some people have been getting in the mail. I don't think we could figure out who got or why some people got it and not others.

I'm also going in September and already paid in full.. I was hoping to get a package like some guys mention, but yesterday I called Disney and they told me that all the tickets and stuff like that would be waiting for me until I check in! For what I understood, I will only receive the tags. :sad2:

disney09 said:
I'm also going in September and already paid in full.. I was hoping to get a package like some guys mention, but yesterday I called Disney and they told me that all the tickets and stuff like that would be waiting for me until I check in! For what I understood, I will only receive the tags. :sad2:

Like I'll have time to read all of that information THEN! :rotfl: I don't mind the tickets waiting at check in for us but I wouldn't mind getting some general information in the mail before we leave.

Luggage tags? We're driving not flying OR using ME so will we even get luggage tags?

jrasmom said:
Like I'll have time to read all of that information THEN! :rotfl: I don't mind the tickets waiting at check in for us but I wouldn't mind getting some general information in the mail before we leave.

Hear, hear!! :Pinkbounc I also love to have the information before so I can read it throughly!

Does anyone travelling late August - September has received something besides the confirmation??

the luggage will come with your final confirmation papers, you get then reguardless of flying or driving.

lgruender said:
Last year after I paid for my vacation, I got a nice package from WD with info/map of parks, info on the hotel we were staying at and info about the dining plan and such. I already have received the final confirmation and luggage tags but haven't received anything else. Have things changed this year and they don't provide that or am I just that excited about my vacation this year?
I just recevied my stuff in the mail yesterday you dont get maps until you get bto the hotel, but you should get a hotel voucher,planet hollywood merch voucher, disney magical express trfs voucher planet hollywood dinner voucher. i also got 3 suvaner :cool1: luggage tags , and i also got my yellow baggage tags.
:goodvibes

It's strange, when I made reservations, I, right aeay, got a packet w/ the park maps in a blue folder (Tink on the front) with my resort info/airline info etc. But my DD made her ressies the same time, and never received this pack! :confused3 I guess there's only so many to go around! :goodvibes

Does it have anything to do with where you're staying as to whether you get the packet? Maybe folks only staying Deluxe get it? Or maybe it depends on how long your stay is? Just guessing here. I have no idea either. :confused3

Also you will only get the luggage tags if you purchased a package, not for room only. I think the deluxe resort with conceriage must be the ones to get the info booklets

tkitty said:
It's strange, when I made reservations, I, right aeay, got a packet w/ the park maps in a blue folder (Tink on the front) with my resort info/airline info etc. But my DD made her ressies the same time, and never received this pack! :confused3 I guess there's only so many to go around! :goodvibes

I got the same thing. It had the resort on it and a message. Said they knew i was traveling with a pre schooler and had the rides and shows good for him. Talked about the resort and included parks maps a things to pack page ect. It was really really nice. I got this a few weeks after booking.

I have received the info for our last 2 trips. Both were room only.One for 2 people,one for Magical Gatherings group of 8,both at Allstar Music. You only get them about 25-30 days before travel.

daisy duck said:
I just recevied my stuff in the mail yesterday you dont get maps until you get bto the hotel, but you should get a hotel voucher,planet hollywood merch voucher, disney magical express trfs voucher planet hollywood dinner voucher. i also got 3 suvaner :cool1: luggage tags , and i also got my yellow baggage tags.
:goodvibes
Ifor got to add one thing, I did get the tinker bell with the small maps,and for teens. I got this not to long after i made res.disney did say, Iwill get my tickets for the parks when i get there, and i will get a set of maps also. I guss there biger maps that they hand you. :cool1:

O.K this link may be a pain to get to, but I'm having a rough time. This is the holographic tags that come in the clear plastic envelope. I got mine last week. We arrive at POFQ on 8/13.
document

Luggage tags? We're driving not flying OR using ME so will we even get luggage tags?[/QUOTE]

We're also driving and not using ME and we got the holographic luggage tags in the clear envelope. It came at about the 35 day mark. My DMom is flying and using ME and she got the yellow luggage tags.

Today I got mail! I had rec'd all of the luggage tags, itinerary, vouchers, etc. And today I rec'd a little "Welome" from POFQ, (with Peter, Wendy, etc, flying over the castle) and thank you for chosing to stay with us. It has a few tips on things to do and see during our stay. I love getting mail from Disney! :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter