Disney in a tropical storm?! We can Handle this!! A quick trip to Disney 6-5-6/8

funsized1989

Earning My Ears
Ok Hi! This is my first trip report!! I figured I'd give this a try so hopefully people join in!!
Let me give you the details:
When: June 5- June 8
Where: Off-site :sad2:
Why: Because I got in to the College Program for the fall, so we decided to celebrate!
Who: Me and my friend Christina​

Buzz by Ashley Moore Photography, on Flickr
ME! Ashley
I am 23 years old, I love Disney always have, and like I said earlier, I am doing the college program in August, which I am so excited about!
Favorite character: Woody and Buzz
Favorite Movie: Toy Story
Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom
Favorite Ride: Toy Story Mania
Favorite Food: Mickey ice cream bars!

Christina Lion King by Ashley Moore Photography, on Flickr
My friend Christina
Christina is 23 as well, and this was her very first time going to Disney World. She lived in LA for a while so she had been to Disneyland.
Favorite character: Simba
Favorite Movie: Lion King
Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom
Favorite Ride: Space Mountain
Favorite Food: Mickey ice cream bars

This was a crazy trip, where we got caught in a tropical storm. Visited three parks in two days. I took a lot of photos! Had a blast! So welcome and let's go!:cool1:pixiedust:

Ok so now I am ready to start this thing for real!

This trip originally was supposed to be a week, but got cut down due to my friend not able to get off.

So, June 4th, she took a bus from Baltimore to Richmond that got in at 11:15pm. Our plan was to drive overnight to maximize our time in Florida. We all know how hard it is to sleep before a trip, well try sleeping during the day before a 12 hour drive to Disney! Needless to say I didn't sleep at all.

The drive was uneventful, until we got to Florida. We stopped at the welcome center to get some orange juice. Well, we were walking in and I GOT ATTACKED BY TWO BIRDS!!! Like no joke, they flew down and attacked my head!! And it happened again on the way back to the car!! There was two guys there recording it all, so I'm sure I'm on youtube somewhere.

We arrived at Downtown Disney around noon. We walked around for a bit before deciding what we'd have for lunch.

Downtown Disney by Ashley Moore Photography, on Flickr

To Infinity and Beyond by Ashley Moore Photography, on Flickr

Characters of Flight by Ashley Moore Photography, on Flickr

Rainforest Cafe Volcano by Ashley Moore Photography, on Flickr

When we got back to the other side, we were going to try and eat at Earl of Sandwich, but once we walked in and saw the line we changed our minds!!

The decision was made to head to the hotel we were going to check out and eat at the food court then. Where was that?! Well, you will just have to tune in next time!!

Loving your photos so far, Ashley!!

I always forget that Downtown Disney has a Rainforest Café in addition to the one in Animal Kingdom. There used to be one near where I live and I always loved going there! We'll have to go in Disney!!

Look at the bottom of post #1 when you have post #2 up. Our tickers are both counting down to the same things!

P.S. this TR is exactly why you'll be doing our PTR and TRs! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!