Disney, if you are reading this, get Genie+ out now! Seriously, you can't have the parks this crowded without something!

.... magic bands? whaaaat?

(this is me in genuine distress -- please, please, not another pay-to-play piece of tech to screw up ...)

On another note: Consensus is that whenever Genie+ rolls out, we can add it to our previously-purchased tickets? Like if I'm buying today for late February, and the program launches between now and then, I will be able to simply upgrade, not go all the way back to square one, right?

On another note: Consensus is that whenever Genie+ rolls out, we can add it to our previously-purchased tickets? Like if I'm buying today for late February, and the program launches between now and then, I will be able to simply upgrade, not go all the way back to square one, right?
Yes, that's how it worked for WDW, will be the same at Dland. And yes magicbands are coming to the west coast. Already announced.

.... magic bands? whaaaat?

(this is me in genuine distress -- please, please, not another pay-to-play piece of tech to screw up ...)

Yes, they are bringing Magic Band+ (key note, the plus) to DLR. I have not had any issues with Magic Bands at WDW, but they were the Plain Jane freebie ones they gave you way back when they offered perks. ;)

I actually do like the Magic Bands just because it is one less thing to do on your phone. Starting with entering the park, oh I would love to have the MB over the phone ticket scan. My hope is it will speed up the entrance process at DLR. It was great with FP+ too. It's ok with Genie+ but with the older system once you tapped in with the first checkpoint you could book your next ride. Now they have you wait until the second touchpoint.

I am not opposed to MB going out west. But I am a little worried with MB+. Like you said, is the "+" yet another IT headache nobody needs? :headache: Guess we will find out soon enough.

If they are doing it the same was as WDW, yes you will be able to add it after the fact. However, you won't be able to book it until 12:00am the day you are going to use it. They could change that with the west coast rollout, but I don't think that it was a big problem for guests. (I went to WDW for a weekend over Halloween. When I booked the trip, G+ was announced but launch date not released. They launched it 10 days before my arrival. I booked the 2 days easily the day of. The first one at midnight as I was up. The second one at 6am so I would be ready to book my first LL at 7am.)

I'm just noticing that right now, on a Tuesday at 5:45p, the wait times look completely reasonable.

I would think the week or two after Thanksgiving would be slower than the previous weeks and what is coming later in December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter