Disney Hotel Room with Points?

pmurph

Mouseketeer
I know it's not the best use of points, but how does it work if I wanted to use some of my points for a Disney World Collection room ? I'd want to do a few nights cash and a few nights with points? How far in advance can I do that?

You call MS and they will see if there is availability. You will pay a $95 exchange fee. If you make any changes later you will pay another $95 fee. It's really restrictive. It is dependent on availability and if I recall correctly has to be booked at least 2 days ahead of check in, maybe a little longer, but might not be availability that late anyway. You also have the rule of 4 so it cannot be booked if you are in the last 4 months of your UY. However you can book earlier and the stay itself can be in the last 4 months of your UY. I think if Disney is booking the rooms then you can probably reserve on points thru DVC too.

Also, if your points were purchased resale after 3/21/2011, they can't be used for Disney Collection reservations.

Personally, I'd rent out the points you want to use on the cash room and just book it through the Disney site. I bet it'll be a LOT cheaper in the long run. You can qualify for any of the discount rates (if they're offering them when you travel) and you won't have to pay the extra $95 fee for exchange.

You call MS and they will see if there is availability. You will pay a $95 exchange fee. If you make any changes later you will pay another $95 fee. It's really restrictive. It is dependent on availability and if I recall correctly has to be booked at least 2 days ahead of check in, maybe a little longer, but might not be availability that late anyway. You also have the rule of 4 so it cannot be booked if you are in the last 4 months of your UY. However you can book earlier and the stay itself can be in the last 4 months of your UY. I think if Disney is booking the rooms then you can probably reserve on points thru DVC too.

Ok thanks for all of that good information!

Also, if your points were purchased resale after 3/21/2011, they can't be used for Disney Collection reservations.

My points were purchased directly from Disney do I'm good, thank you!

Personally, I'd rent out the points you want to use on the cash room and just book it through the Disney site. I bet it'll be a LOT cheaper in the long run. You can qualify for any of the discount rates (if they're offering them when you travel) and you won't have to pay the extra $95 fee for exchange.

I would have to familiarize myself with how that works. Sounds like a good idea. Thank you!
I am wanting Beach Club next March spring break and I am thinking that I wouldn't get a one bedroom at the 7 month mark. I would take a Beach Club hotel room though, I just would have to pay cash (or use points for a few nights).

I would have to familiarize myself with how that works. Sounds like a good idea. Thank you!
I am wanting Beach Club next March spring break and I am thinking that I wouldn't get a one bedroom at the 7 month mark. I would take a Beach Club hotel room though, I just would have to pay cash (or use points for a few nights).

I'd rent the points and book a room on cash in that instance - almost without question. I'd compare the cost difference but without comparing I think you'll be better off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter