Disney Honeymooners

Maywedding10

Earning My Ears
My soon-to-be husband and I are honeymooning in Disney World at the beginning of May after the wedding. We will be there for 10 days and we're doing a split stay at the new Animal Kingdom Lodge Resort and at the Bay Lake Resort at the Contemporary. We are starting to plan an itinerary and book restaurants etc, but I would like to know if there are any special things we DEFINITELY should do while on our honeymoon there.. more like honeymooner things rather than parks etc. Thanks for your help!

One thing I wish my husband and I did before getting married and having kids was eating in some of the nicer restaurants. We were so concerned about doing everything in the parks we never took time to enjoy the sit down restaurants. Now we kinda wished we ate in more places. :)

My soon-to-be husband and I are honeymooning in Disney World at the beginning of May after the wedding. We will be there for 10 days and we're doing a split stay at the new Animal Kingdom Lodge Resort and at the Bay Lake Resort at the Contemporary. We are starting to plan an itinerary and book restaurants etc, but I would like to know if there are any special things we DEFINITELY should do while on our honeymoon there.. more like honeymooner things rather than parks etc. Thanks for your help!

DW and I honeymooned at WDW in 2006. Some of what we did:

1) Go to guest relations and get free HONEYMOON buttons (it will be fun having everyone wish you congratulations everyday of your honeymoon).
2) Stop in a souvenir shop (take your choice from about 2000) and take a picture wearing mousears tophat and mousears bride veil (DH bought the veil and loved wearing it.)
3) Rent a boat from the BLT/CR marina and cruise around the seven seas lagoon.
4) Go to one of several spa's and get a couple massage.
5) Have a romantic dinner at an EPCOT world restaurant.
6) Rent a bicycle for two and cruise around the BOARDWALK.
7) Buy a tile with your picture on it at the leave a legacy pavillion at EPCOT (if still available).

Good luck and have fun!!!!

DW and I honeymooned at WDW in 2006. Some of what we did:

1) Go to guest relations and get free HONEYMOON buttons (it will be fun having everyone wish you congratulations everyday of your honeymoon).
2) Stop in a souvenir shop (take your choice from about 2000) and take a picture wearing mousears tophat and mousears bride veil (DH bought the veil and loved wearing it.)
3) Rent a boat from the BLT/CR marina and cruise around the seven seas lagoon.
4) Go to one of several spa's and get a couple massage.
5) Have a romantic dinner at an EPCOT world restaurant.
6) Rent a bicycle for two and cruise around the BOARDWALK.
7) Buy a tile with your picture on it at the leave a legacy pavillion at EPCOT (if still available).

Good luck and have fun!!!!

1 - Just to clarify, they are 'Just Married' buttons at Guest relations =) I don't want you to get weird looks from any CMs when you ask for them; they should figure it out, but just to alleviate some stress on your part!
7 - The Leave a Legacy Program ended in 2007 unfortunately.

All other tips though....FULLY agree! And book now for dining!!

Be sure to tell Member Services that the reservation is for a honeymoon. Sometimes you will get a little extra special treatment if they know. They should also have the "Just Married" buttons when you check in at the hotel.

You might also want to check out the Disney Weddings & Honeymoons section of this board, which has tons of great info and ideas.

http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55

One recent thread there is reporting that Disney is replacing the "Just Married" buttons with "Happily Ever After" buttons, but the effect should be the same. :thumbsup2

Dinner at the California Grill at fireworks time. They pump the music in and dim the lights. The food is wonderful. The view is out of this world. My wife and I have been able to do twice while the kids where in one of the kids centers.

Dinner at EPCOT and then the fire works.

We honeymooned in 2006. Make sure you get the Just Married buttons. We wore ours the whole week & got extra treats! We had lunch at 50's Primetime Cafe, our server brought cake & had us do a cake ceremony. She also made a big deal about not being invited to the wedding. :)
n_a

We did dinner at California Grill with a window table too.
Have fun planning!

Be sure to tell Member Services that the reservation is for a honeymoon. Sometimes you will get a little extra special treatment if they know. They should also have the "Just Married" buttons when you check in at the hotel.

And be sure to mention it again when you actually check in. We weren't DVC members when we honeymooned at WDW back in '94, but I was sure to tell both the travel agent and the front desk at the GF that we were there for our honeymoon. The first night the staff delivered a tray with sparkling cider and chocolate covered strawberries and a nice hand-written note congratulating us by the hotel manager. Then each night for the duration, we found special little treats in our room - chocolates, fruit, etc. Granted - a lot has changed at WDW since '94, and staying in a DVC resort vs. the traditional hotel room at the GF doesn't allow for the nightly turn down service, etc - but they still could surprise you with some nice little thing(s).

DH and I honeymooned in WDW in June 2009. We stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge- Jambo House. It was FABULOUS! A few things I would recommend:

1) When you make ADR's, let them know it's your honeymoone
2) Get the honeymoon buttons like people have stated
3) We did the Wanyama Safari at AKL (you can only do this if you're
staying at AKL) and it was awesome, it ended with a LOVELY dinner at
Jiko.
4) Dinner at Coral Reef
5) We also went to Typhoon Lagoon- which was awesome as it wasn't
very crowded and it enabled us to have that tropical feel honeymoon
while still being at Disney =)

Have a WONDERFUL trip!

I agree with all the posts regarding dining in signature restaurants. I would also spend some time exploring the World Showcase at Epcot.

Hire the WDW photographers and schedule a photopass session.

We honeymooned at WDW back in 1990 before DVC. We stayed at the Grand Floridian and one of my fondest memories was packing up a picnic lunch and taking out one of the pontoon boats on Bay Lake. We were far away from the Kingdom but still so close to the magic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter