Disney Has the Best Chicken Nuggets Ever! - Update Dump - Finally Completed!

Which turned out to be a blurry cell phone picture.

LOL! At least you got one, right?

It was a nice little interaction.

I really enjoy little moments like this. I feel like there was a bit of time there where more CMs were kinda crabby and hating their jobs, but I've felt that disepate recently.

We didn’t always have animals out there

Even still, what a view! As soon as we're free of the stroller I wanna stay there.

I refused to push the stroller to the side for the rest of the trip

I don't blame you! When we went in March I didn't realize the detectors were there until we got to the front. DH was at the DSA in front ok MK, so DD and I were solo. I didn't park to the left I wheeyher left and went to the turnstiles. I didn't even realize I was supposed to just leave her there until I went through. I was able to opt for a wand detector so I could stay with DD. It's a poorly designed system, to say the least.

he put on LG’s band instead of his that morning

:worried:

day. I felt bad for getting on DS like I did when it was just a simple mistake, so I asked him if he wanted to get a Star Wars Magic Band

Don't stress it; we're human too. Plus, I'm sure he was psyched for his new MB!

As if she’d never seen a duck before. :rolleyes1

:sad2:

Rough start, huh?

I'd say so!

at least we got to experience the queue without a 60+minute wait.

Agreed! I hear it's pretty cool. Considering the entire ride is about 3 minutes, I'm glad the queue has been incorporated into the attraction. Still haven't seen it though. Lol!

formulate a plan since we were pretty much already scrapping the original plan at this point

Omg. This is my future, isn't it?! Hope the new plan works out great!

Following!

All in all, I left Disney World satisfied, but not in a hurry to come back.
I sort of had that feeling after our last trip, although it subsided a month later lol

36651022875_f2e9a32820_b.jpg

Great picture!

I ended up stuffing myself.

Because buffet.

Isn't that always the way?

This is one of DH's favorite things to comment on. For some reason people in Disney just love pointing out ducks and he loves pointing them out.

Can't wait to read more!

Oh my - I'm stressed out reading your Duck post! Scrapping plans first thing :confused3 Hope your day improves!

A bit of a rough start. It's tough being the planner - you want everything to go smoothly and ensure everyone has a great time that sometimes the small setbacks cause a big reaction. Glad you both could be in better spirits rather quickly. Super scary about being separated from the kiddos at security. I fully understand why you held your ground the rest of the trip.

I'm going to guess you guys go to It's a small world next.

Ohh what a tough morning you had! Really sorry :( I'm sure you felt bad about snapping at DS, that's sweet that you bought him a new magic band!
It was a rough start. Part of the reason was so that I didn't have to keep track of a card and who had it since the rest of us were using MBs.

Glad you could get on PP with not too long of a wait. Sounds like it was a blessing having a slight wait since you could enjoy the interactive queue!
It was nice to see the queue. The kids all loved it!

That's what made AKL feel magical to me when I stayed there. I get the complaints about waits for the bus and its location. But the building itself is amazing, and I can't think of another place near here where you can stay and watch exotic animals outside your window.
::yes:: Very true. But I just don't know that I'd want to stay there again on a trip when I'm planning to go to parks everyday. Logistically, it was just a pain.

Why did we have kids again? For tax purposes?
We apparently need to improve our math skills...

Well, at least the kids liked it. I was really sad they did away with the train. Something about seeing it pulling into the station with all the characters to start the day. It was perfect.
::yes:: I definitely miss the old show, but I get it. The new one is ok...

Is it wrong if my first reaction was: :rotfl2:
That's acceptable. She brought it on herself.

What is this?? This is the Happiest Place on Earth! Be happy, for crying out loud!

I remember the first time I took my kids way back in the dark ages, I was surprised at how loud and dark even the kids' rides could be. I don't think it's anything inappropriate, but it was eye-opening to look at it from their point of view.
Yeah, she wasn't really too scared, but she was pretty hesitant about all of it.

Always a good feeling that early in the morning!
Yeah... less than an hour into the first park day and we're scrapping plans... gotta love it!

Country Bear Jamboree! :hyper:
She does love animals... :rolleyes1

LOL! At least you got one, right?
It's the thought that counts.

I really enjoy little moments like this. I feel like there was a bit of time there where more CMs were kinda crabby and hating their jobs, but I've felt that disepate recently.
I've never really had many bad CM experiences, honestly. But it is always nice when you get a friendly one who just wants to chat about your trip.

Even still, what a view! As soon as we're free of the stroller I wanna stay there.
::yes:: It was nice to see something other than a parking lot out the window.

I don't blame you! When we went in March I didn't realize the detectors were there until we got to the front. DH was at the DSA in front ok MK, so DD and I were solo. I didn't park to the left I wheeyher left and went to the turnstiles. I didn't even realize I was supposed to just leave her there until I went through. I was able to opt for a wand detector so I could stay with DD. It's a poorly designed system, to say the least.
Yeah, I know they've had limited space and kind of had to throw it all together, but I'd like to think they could have come up with some other ways to improve it by now.

Don't stress it; we're human too. Plus, I'm sure he was psyched for his new MB!
::yes:: And of course that means I'm not done buying MBs...

Agreed! I hear it's pretty cool. Considering the entire ride is about 3 minutes, I'm glad the queue has been incorporated into the attraction. Still haven't seen it though. Lol!
It's nice. Certainly not nice enough to make me tolerate waiting an hour for that ride though!

Omg. This is my future, isn't it?! Hope the new plan works out great!
::yes:: Good luck.

I sort of had that feeling after our last trip, although it subsided a month later lol
I mean, I'm ready to go back any time now. It just felt like this trip overall didn't have that "magical" feel of most Disney trips. And a month + later it still doesn't. It wasn't horrible by any means and we had a good time. It just lacked something.

Great picture!
Thanks!

Isn't that always the way?
The only way!

This is one of DH's favorite things to comment on. For some reason people in Disney just love pointing out ducks and he loves pointing them out.
:rotfl: I know... I just don't get it!

Can't wait to read more!
Thanks!

Oh my - I'm stressed out reading your Duck post! Scrapping plans first thing :confused3 Hope your day improves!
It was a rough start, but you've gotta hit your stride at some point, right?

A bit of a rough start. It's tough being the planner - you want everything to go smoothly and ensure everyone has a great time that sometimes the small setbacks cause a big reaction. Glad you both could be in better spirits rather quickly.
Yeah, I kind of felt a little stressed most of the trip just trying to plan a couple of steps ahead to get us where we needed to be when we needed to be there. I think it left me a little more irritable and is probably part of why I didn't feel overall as excited about this trip as usual. 11 people is really too many to go around the park together.

Super scary about being separated from the kiddos at security. I fully understand why you held your ground the rest of the trip.
::yes:: There has to be a better way...

I'm going to guess you guys go to It's a small world next.
We were pretty hesitant about any dark rides for a while...

I almost spit out the water I was drinking when I read the "payback" part of your Chef Mickey experience :P

I had a situation here with security that put me off a little bit. I had the stroller with DD and LG in it. This was kind of our standard procedure for the week while DS would go with DW. Anyway, they sent us all through metal detector. And, of course, they said the kids didn’t have to go through and asked us to push the strollers off to the side of the detectors until we went through. They had enough people going through that there was a bit of a line. I pushed the stroller to the side of the detector and went back to empty my pockets and wait my turn.

After I went through the detector and gathered my things, I saw something out of the corner of my eye and turned to see DD and niece had climbed out of the strollers and wandered off by themselves. I had to tell DW to stay with the stroller once she got through and I took off running to catch them. It kind of bothered me that they separated us from the kids, even if just temporarily and obviously security never had eyes on them while they had us distracted going through their security checks. I get why security is there and unfortunately is needed. But after this, I refused to push the stroller to the side for the rest of the trip until I had emptied my pockets and I was getting ready to step through the metal detector myself. I had a few security officers who didn’t seem to like the fact that I kept my stroller in the way of the line, but I simply told them the stroller was staying with me until it was my turn to go through the detector and they didn’t really push the issue.

I kinda understand why they want all of the strollers out of the line. It probably makes the line shorter and faster. But I'm shocked that they had you leave the kids in the stroller when you moved it out of the way. Not only is it a terrible idea to leave young kids unattended, but it's probably a liability issue. If something happens to a kid in the stroller (or a kid who gets out of the stroller), Disney can't say that it was the parent's fault - the parent was told to move the stroller out of the way. I think you were definitely right to keep the stroller with you until the last possible minute. It seems a little irresponsible to leave your kids unattended while you're going through security.

Turns out, DS wanted to wear a blue band (his was green). That means he put on LG’s band instead of his that morning. So it took a little bit of time, and I snapped at him for putting on the wrong band. I was in the wrong and probably a little too hard on him, but the CM who came to help got him a card to use for the day and it didn’t end up being a big deal.

I think the moral of the story here is that you need to go to Disney more often so that each of your kids can have a MagicBand in every color. That way they can wear whatever color they want without having to wear someone else's MagicBand. It's basic math.

When we got in we decided to stop by the restroom and take some time to do that before heading farther into the park to start our day. I felt bad for getting on DS like I did when it was just a simple mistake, so I asked him if he wanted to get a Star Wars Magic Band so that he could actually use an MB instead of a card all day. We went into the Emporium and picked one out. It took a few minutes to get checked out because it seemed that the CM’s weren’t quite ready yet, but we had a helpful CM who checked us out and helped me get his band all set up.

Aw, you're such a nice dad! It's great that you made it up to him and got him something special so that he could have a MagicBand like everyone else!

When would she have seen a duck before? They don't have ducks outside of Disney. That's not a thing. And I think the ducks are new, so she wouldn't have seen them on a previous trip.

By the time we made it there, the posted wait was 15 minutes. We waited closer to 20, but at least we got to experience the queue without a 60+minute wait.

Nice! 15-20 minutes is a really good wait time for PP - it gives you time to look at the interactive queue (if there's a really short wait you tend to be rushing through the interactive queue) but it's not the insane waits that you see later in the day.

Our plan had been to go to Winnie the Pooh next, but decided that another dark ride might not be the best course of action. Niece wanted to do the carousel. As much as it killed me to do something like the carousel 20 minutes after RD, we decided that doing something she wants to do might be the best choice.

I'm guessing compromise and things that aren't what was planned were probably a big part of this trip. That's a danger of travelling with a big group. Lots of plan scrapping.
But the whole reason you do Disney is to spend the whole day on the app reformulating your plans, right??

Which turned out to be a blurry cell phone picture.
Still can see the beautiful lobby just the same.

After I went through the detector and gathered my things, I saw something out of the corner of my eye and turned to see DD and niece had climbed out of the strollers and wandered off by themselves. I had to tell DW to stay with the stroller once she got through and I took off running to catch them. It kind of bothered me that they separated us from the kids, even if just temporarily and obviously security never had eyes on them while they had us distracted going through their security checks. I get why security is there and unfortunately is needed. But after this, I refused to push the stroller to the side for the rest of the trip until I had emptied my pockets and I was getting ready to step through the metal detector myself. I had a few security officers who didn’t seem to like the fact that I kept my stroller in the way of the line, but I simply told them the stroller was staying with me until it was my turn to go through the detector and they didn’t really push the issue.
This is so annoying, and I am sorry it turned into such an unnerving situation. I wish they had a better plan for the strollers.

When we got in we decided to stop by the restroom and take some time to do that before heading farther into the park to start our day. I felt bad for getting on DS like I did when it was just a simple mistake, so I asked him if he wanted to get a Star Wars Magic Band so that he could actually use an MB instead of a card all day. We went into the Emporium and picked one out. It took a few minutes to get checked out because it seemed that the CM’s weren’t quite ready yet, but we had a helpful CM who checked us out and helped me get his band all set up.
That's a good dad, I've definitely been in a situation like that, parents make mistakes too :blush:

Rough start, huh?
Eesh, I am sorry it's been so rough so far, I sincerely hope the day gets better.

Our plan had been to go to Winnie the Pooh next, but decided that another dark ride might not be the best course of action. Niece wanted to do the carousel. As much as it killed me to do something like the carousel 20 minutes after RD, we decided that doing something she wants to do might be the best choice.
That was probably so frustrating, good for you for letting go though, it was the right thing to do.

I was waiting with Dad, BiL and LG. I was on the app checking wait times and trying to formulate a plan since we were pretty much already scrapping the original plan at this point.
Doesn't that always happen?? So frustrating to plan for months and then plans to go out the window immediately. Can't wait to see how everything went.

I would absolutely pull my hair out to have the plan scrapped that way. I hate when bad/annoying stuff happens in the morning too. It tends to put a damper on the whole day. Hope to see some more cheer in the next part(s) of the report.

I almost spit out the water I was drinking when I read the "payback" part of your Chef Mickey experience :P
That would have looked similar to what happened that night...

I kinda understand why they want all of the strollers out of the line. It probably makes the line shorter and faster. But I'm shocked that they had you leave the kids in the stroller when you moved it out of the way. Not only is it a terrible idea to leave young kids unattended, but it's probably a liability issue. If something happens to a kid in the stroller (or a kid who gets out of the stroller), Disney can't say that it was the parent's fault - the parent was told to move the stroller out of the way. I think you were definitely right to keep the stroller with you until the last possible minute. It seems a little irresponsible to leave your kids unattended while you're going through security.
Well the thing is they don't want kids to go through the metal detector. So either they sit in the stroller off to the side or they stand off to the side. Either way, it just isn't a good system.

I think the moral of the story here is that you need to go to Disney more often so that each of your kids can have a MagicBand in every color. That way they can wear whatever color they want without having to wear someone else's MagicBand. It's basic math.
Yeah. Then we're just traveling with like 30 MBs of all different colors. No way they'll confuse them and grab the wrong one that way... :rolleyes1

Aw, you're such a nice dad! It's great that you made it up to him and got him something special so that he could have a MagicBand like everyone else!
I felt bad, but more importantly, I didn't want to screw with having to keep track of a card and who had it all day long.

When would she have seen a duck before? They don't have ducks outside of Disney. That's not a thing. And I think the ducks are new, so she wouldn't have seen them on a previous trip.
Yeah, I've never seen a mallard duck at home or anything.

Nice! 15-20 minutes is a really good wait time for PP - it gives you time to look at the interactive queue (if there's a really short wait you tend to be rushing through the interactive queue) but it's not the insane waits that you see later in the day.
::yes::

I'm guessing compromise and things that aren't what was planned were probably a big part of this trip. That's a danger of travelling with a big group. Lots of plan scrapping.
But the whole reason you do Disney is to spend the whole day on the app reformulating your plans, right??
Something like that!

Still can see the beautiful lobby just the same.
True. You know which lobby it was, so that's something!

This is so annoying, and I am sorry it turned into such an unnerving situation. I wish they had a better plan for the strollers.
Yeah, it just seems like they didn't think that one out very well.

That's a good dad, I've definitely been in a situation like that, parents make mistakes too :blush:
::yes::

Eesh, I am sorry it's been so rough so far, I sincerely hope the day gets better.
It has to, right?

That was probably so frustrating, good for you for letting go though, it was the right thing to do.
What can you do about it? It doesn't do us any good if she gets freaked out to the point that she doesn't want to try anything.

Doesn't that always happen?? So frustrating to plan for months and then plans to go out the window immediately. Can't wait to see how everything went.
That's what I hate about having to plan so far out with FP and ADRs. Things like this happen more often than not and you're left having to shuffle things. I like planning, but sometimes it is just easier to go with the flow.

I would absolutely pull my hair out to have the plan scrapped that way. I hate when bad/annoying stuff happens in the morning too. It tends to put a damper on the whole day. Hope to see some more cheer in the next part(s) of the report.
Yeah, that stuff can really tend to snowball when you have a problem early in the day.

While DW was getting ready, the older 2 kids and I went out to the balcony to enjoy our breakfast with a view

Animals or not, I'm still jealous of that view!

It kind of bothered me that they separated us from the kids, even if just temporarily and obviously security never had eyes on them

Yes, yes, yes!! I hated that part of security. It stressed me out to no end to have to leave my one year old by herself in the stroller while I walked through. Not having her in sight was stressful, so I don't blame you for waiting until the last minute to push the stroller aside.

Then of course, because it was so crowded it caused a chain reaction. Someone ran into the back of me and knocked our mister fan out of the pocket on my backpack causing the battery compartment to open and scattering the batteries on the pavement. So I then had to grab the pieces and batteries so that I could re-assemble it later.

Rough start, huh?

Uh oh. At least it was a family member you ran over, not some stranger. And you gotta work the kinks out on Day 1 of a Disney trip. Especially with as many people that were in your party.

we were pretty much already scrapping the original plan at this point.

I'm sure this sat well with you...the person who spent all that time planning and strategizing.:rolleyes1

Ugh, I hated that they made us push the stroller aside like that and we didn't even have any escaping-child incidents! :headache: It really seems like an area where they could come up with a better solution, given all the kids and crowds every day.

I try not to hit people with the stroller, but I wasn’t expecting that and got Mom good, knocking her shoe completely off her foot.

Then of course, because it was so crowded it caused a chain reaction. Someone ran into the back of me and knocked our mister fan out of the pocket on my backpack causing the battery compartment to open and scattering the batteries on the pavement. So I then had to grab the pieces and batteries so that I could re-assemble it later.

Rough start, huh?
Oh no! Very rough start to the day! At least DW must have been able to recover quickly and not hobble around all day. :crutches:

Hi Andy
giphy-32.gif

Along for this wonderful ride. Wow kuddo's for the drive straight down......yowza. Gotta agree with @pkondz what no Zebra Domes, that should be a sin. Hoping your family has a great trip.

Last edited:
Animals or not, I'm still jealous of that view!
::yes:: It certainly was better than a parking lot, which was my ultimate goal even if we didn't get to see many (or any) animals.

Yes, yes, yes!! I hated that part of security. It stressed me out to no end to have to leave my one year old by herself in the stroller while I walked through. Not having her in sight was stressful, so I don't blame you for waiting until the last minute to push the stroller aside.
It just seems like there should be a better way. I mean if they are going to make you push the stroller to the side there should at least be an extra security CM standing there just to make sure kids don't wander off or something even worse happen...

Uh oh. At least it was a family member you ran over, not some stranger. And you gotta work the kinks out on Day 1 of a Disney trip. Especially with as many people that were in your party.
True. I felt bad, but at the same time I was frustrated that she decided to stop right in the middle of the stampede.

I'm sure this sat well with you...the person who spent all that time planning and strategizing.:rolleyes1
Oh yeah...

Ugh, I hated that they made us push the stroller aside like that and we didn't even have any escaping-child incidents! :headache: It really seems like an area where they could come up with a better solution, given all the kids and crowds every day.
Yeah, they need to do something better there to make sure something bad doesn't happen. It seems like a whole lot of liability there.

Oh no! Very rough start to the day! At least DW must have been able to recover quickly and not hobble around all day. :crutches:
It was my mom that got run over, but she did recover ok.

Hi! Love the gif!

Along for this wonderful ride. Wow kuddo's for the drive straight down......yowza. Gotta agree with @pkondz what no Zebra Domes, that should be a sin. Hoping your family has a great trip.
Driving doesn't bother me and I prefer to just get it out of the way. Sorry I disappointed with the Zebra Domes. I did make up for it later, although I'm starting to fear sharing my opinion... :duck:

Driving doesn't bother me and I prefer to just get it out of the way. Sorry I disappointed with the Zebra Domes. I did make up for it later, although I'm starting to fear sharing my opinion... :duck:

Don't fear. It sounds like you didn't care for them. Half of my family did, half of my family didn't. Either you love them because they're so decadent and rich or you hate them because they're too sweet. Not that they're as rich or as heavy as fudge, but basically that same reaction with fudge...some don't like it because it's too sweet. I like them both in small doses...couldn't handle more than one zebra dome at a sitting and same with fudge...one piece very slowly to avoid sugar coma. I think one of the main reasons I liked zebra domes was I like white chocolate more than regular chocolate and the shell was better to me than the filling.

A Morning of Fantasy

After they finished riding the carousel, I asked Sis if she thought meeting princesses might be a good idea. The line for Tiana and Rapunzel was only posted at 10 minutes. We decided that princesses would be a good idea and headed that way. As we were getting ready to enter the line a CM told us that the line for Cinderella and Elena, which was posted at 20 minutes, was actually no wait and shorter than the other line.

I started to explain to Sis and DW that they'd get to meet Cinderella at the castle and this might be the only chance they have to see Rapunzel and Tiana, but Cinderella won out.

36894239202_31025e7c62_k.jpg

36876771686_e30693d78b_k.jpg

36876765346_6244d5689d_k.jpg

36257303803_f5525c4e70_k.jpg

36894259952_da74e8e1ea_k.jpg

37065020155_f6f2cdb7b0_k.jpg

36923721351_673a151013_k.jpg

DD, as always, enjoyed getting some princess time. I thought maybe we’d jump in the line to see Tiana and Rapunzel after this, but Niece was pretty indifferent about the whole thing so Sis didn’t feel like trying that.

Spoiler alert... we never got a chance to go back for Tiana and Rapunzel.

Since rides that go in a circle seemed to work well for Niece, we decided to go give Dumbo a try.

36938208455_2f216586eb_b.jpg

This one went over well. She really seemed to enjoy it as did LG.

We decided to push our luck and go ride Barnstormer. Niece was juuuuust barely tall enough to ride it. DS and DD loved it as always. Niece tolerated it. I turned around and watched her for most of the ride and the look on her face was priceless, but it was clear that rollercoasters just aren’t her thing yet. Since it was a walk on my kids wanted to ride again, but she had no interest in it.

While we were doing Barnstormer, DW had gone over by the souvenir tent to find a spot off to the side in the shade where she could nurse LG. After we finished 2 rounds of Barnstormer and used the restrooms I went over to find her while the kids played in the Casey Jr. splash area with the other kid, BiL.

She had just finished and he had fallen asleep. I went inside to get a Goofy glacier… because even though it was just after 10, it was July 9 and it was 5000% humidity and 300 degrees out.

While we had to scramble our plans a bit, I didn’t have to change any of our FPs up to this point. We had one for Tomorrowland Speedway that was coming up, so we headed that way. Since LG had fallen asleep, DW decided to make the ultimate sacrifice and sit this ride out.

The kids, even niece, had a great time on this ride.

Niece has always been very slow to warm up to anyone other than Sis, BiL and Mom… she’s not a fan of Dad, can’t stand me and was slow to interact with DW. It was nice, because by the end of the week she was having a lot of fun with all of us and not acting so shy and afraid of everyone.

DW still had her FP and offered to take niece for another ride. Niece was still being shy and having none of it at the time. DW offered to let BiL use her MB to go again, but the older kids saw the Tea Cups and wanted to ride and she chose to do that too.

Sis and BiL took a cup with niece. I took DS and DD.

They wanted to spin.

I had us spinning as fast as I could.

I stopped when DD looked like she was going to lose her breakfast.

Seriously… I can spin the crap out of a teacup, but Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey at that other park makes me feel like I’m gonna hurl. Or die. Or maybe just wish I was dead.

Anyway, the kids loved it. My legs were jelly and I could hardly find the exit afterwards, but it was a good time.

We had a little bit of time to kill before our FP+ for 7DMT was good so we debated what to do next. Sis suggested riding Little Mermaid. I looked at her and reminded her that it is another dark ride and wanted to be sure that she felt like Niece would be ok.

She insisted so we went under the sea!

Niece wasn’t exactly thrilled, but she wasn’t upset at all. Honestly, with her, indifference is about as good of a reaction as you can expect most of the time so I guess it was a huge success.

It was then time for our FP+ on 7DMT. Niece and LG were both too short to ride so I tried to explain how rider swap works. The plan was that DW was going with BiL and Sis to take Niece and get a Rider Swap. I was taking LG with our older kids and Mom and Dad to get a second Rider Swap. Unfortunately, the message got lost in translation and Sis and BiL forgot to ask for the pass. Oh well… at least we still had our FP.

We took Niece and LG and gave them a snack and tried to keep them occupied. We ended up finding seats over by the Friar’s Nook where we ended up getting some free cups of ice water and a Lemonade Slush.

By the end of the week, we’d have more Mickey shaped straws from lemonade slushes than you could ever imagine.

When the rest of our group came back, DW and I used our FP and took the Rider Swap so that DD and DS could ride again.

I think they like this ride.

36767546992_6335227e0c_k.jpg

36104259914_e562565cc3_k.jpg

When we finished we had a little bit of time before our lunch ADR, and nobody was too inclined to get moving. We sat in the shade near Friar’s Nook for probably another 15 minutes drinking some more free ice water.

Ok… I know we all rip on the taste of Disney water. But I’m telling you, when it is hot out and they have that water chilled in ice, it tastes pretty darn good. Really it is probably just so cold that it numbs the taste buds, but in any case, we really came to appreciate and take full advantage of the free cups of ice water. Any time we’d go get a snack or even get meals we would ask for an extra few cups of ice water.

When it was finally time to check in for lunch, we headed towards the Beast’s castle off in the distance. We got to the stand to check in only to find out we were standing in line behind the representative of a dance group with a reservation for 32!

And I thought 11 was a big group.

We didn’t pre-order, because we were having a hard time getting solid answers on whether it would work or not since we had one reservation but 3 different QSDP. Looking into it, I kept finding mixed info so I wasn’t sure it would be a good idea, and Sis didn’t want to pre-order since she needs gluten free. I think she wanted to be more hands on about making sure she was eating safe food since she got sick from cross contamination on our last trip.

The line actually moved pretty well and it wasn’t long before we had ordered, were seated in the Library and waiting on our food.

That part was a little slow.

They must have been having some technical difficulties. The servers were walking around from table to table looking at receipts like they didn’t know where the food was supposed to go.

The kids were getting impatient and hungry.

I saw a CM come in with what looked like it might be our food and he turned the other way and started looking at receipts at a couple of tables. He didn’t find what he was looking for and started to turn to leave the library so DW hopped up and went over to him with our receipt. Thankfully she did because he had our food!

The food was good as always. The kids actually ate really well this meal. I think they both chose the grilled cheese sandwiches. DW had the turkey and I went with the croque monsieur this time. I thought it might be a little bit lighter than the pork or beef on a hot day and I really liked it a lot. I’d be very tempted to get it again next time.

We sat and enjoyed our meals. LG gave us a bit of a challenge as we were unable to get a big table all together. He was going through a stage where it was nearly impossible to keep him in a high chair and he was just beginning to eat some table food. So DW and I ended up handing him back and forth feeding him a combination of baby food and French fries while trying to eat our own food. This is how it worked at most of our meals, but we were usually fortunate enough to have extra hands to help.

When everyone finally finished their food it was time to head back out into the heat for our next FP.

Cute pics with Cinderella & Elena. I'm sorry you never did get to the other side of the hall though.

Great pics of you guys on SDMT! Looks like you're having a blast!

Stinks about the slow service at BOG but glad the food was good!

Joining in. Enjoying your TR so far! :thumbsup2

Trying to get lunch at BOG for our impromptu Nov. trip... no luck yet. We usually enjoy the food and atmosphere here as well!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter