Disney Has the Best Chicken Nuggets Ever! - Update Dump - Finally Completed!

Hi! I disappeared and fell behind, but thankfully the holidays are in full swing so it seems like I’m not the only one!

Our AK days and experiences were totally different from each other’s. What you thought was meh, was my favorite stuff, and vice versa.

Glad DD was a bit more chill this day. As much as I adore AK, it’s a big park, so touring it with a 5 year old toddler would be no fun. Doing it with a barely 3 year old was hard enough!

Btw, the way Lil Man looks at Donald is the cutest thing!

Found your latest TR, and I'm finally all caught up! Your DD is like my DS. Everyone talks about how bad the Terrible Twos are, but three has been worse for us! His temper and stubborness are out in full force!

Your trip is awesome so far, and I can't wait for another update!

Hi everyone. I just wanted to pop in this afternoon to say "Hi, I'm still alive."

It has been a busy couple of weeks. I've been out of town a couple of different times for conferences, as well as doing a lot of end of year business and decision making for the farm in addition to the usual day to day office job. And with Christmas coming up, I don't see things slowing down. Hopefully by next week I can find some time to start reading through TRs and playing catch up.

Some of the busy has been appointments with LG. We had an appointment last month with a genetics Dr. Frankly, DW and I hated this clown. His bedside manners sucked and it basically felt like he wanted to diagnose LG with 4 or 5 different things after looking at him for about 2 minutes every time we saw him. He told us at our last appointment that he wanted to do some tests that our insurance probably wouldn't cover during our Nov appointment. Well, we prepared for this and spoke to other medical professionals, one of which has adopted a few children who do have genetic issues and she was one of LG's caregivers from day 1. We approached the topic lightly knowing she works with this guy. She was pretty blunt and told us as a friend and not as his co-worker to ignore him, LG is fine and that she can't stand him either. I walked in the door prepared to tell this guy we weren't doing the tests and we'd be requesting a referral for a second opinion elsewhere.

Well, it turns out he must have forgotten about what he said 6 months ago. We showed up and were sent into another room for a developmental test. They had LG play and do some tasks. They told us that 85 is basically the bare min, but 85-100 is good. There was a fine motor test and cognitive test and LG scored over 100 on both. So we were discharged from that Dr's care and barely had to even speak to him on our way out. Gotta say, that was great news. I couldn't get out of there fast enough.

We had an appointment earlier this week with his surgeon's team and things with his diaphragm look good. We don't have to go back for about a year as long as we don't notice any indications of problems. LG was running around the office and just being a typical loud, happy kid and they were all really impressed with how he looks and how well he's doing.

We have an appointment tomorrow for a CT scan to maintain a baseline on some things and then a routine exam with neuro, so hoping things go well there. He has a shunt and they say that it will likely need to be replaced sometime around 2 or 3 years old, but hopefully things are good and we'll be good to go for a while still.

Anyway, that's just part of what we've been dealing with the past few weeks. Sorry I've gotten so far behind and I'll be back sometime to catch up with everyone!

Well, it turns out he must have forgotten about what he said 6 months ago. We showed up and were sent into another room for a developmental test. They had LG play and do some tasks. They told us that 85 is basically the bare min, but 85-100 is good. There was a fine motor test and cognitive test and LG scored over 100 on both. So we were discharged from that Dr's care and barely had to even speak to him on our way out. Gotta say, that was great news. I couldn't get out of there fast enough.

We had an appointment earlier this week with his surgeon's team and things with his diaphragm look good. We don't have to go back for about a year as long as we don't notice any indications of problems. LG was running around the office and just being a typical loud, happy kid and they were all really impressed with how he looks and how well he's doing.

This all sounds like great news! I'm glad he's doing so well! Hope you all have a merry Christmas if you don't get back on the boards before then.

Hi everyone. I just wanted to pop in this afternoon to say "Hi, I'm still alive."

alive.jpg

And with Christmas coming up, I don't see things slowing down.

Truism. ::yes::

We had an appointment last month with a genetics Dr. Frankly, DW and I hated this clown.

Uh, oh... Been there. We probably all have.

His bedside manners sucked and it basically felt like he wanted to diagnose LG with 4 or 5 different things after looking at him for about 2 minutes every time we saw him.

:sad2: Sounds like the dude's got a God complex going.

She was pretty blunt and told us as a friend and not as his co-worker to ignore him, LG is fine and that she can't stand him either.

Holy crap. Not the best praise in the world, is it!

There was a fine motor test and cognitive test and LG scored over 100 on both.

That's great news! :)

LG was running around the office and just being a typical loud, happy kid

:goodvibes

It has been a busy couple of weeks. I've been out of town a couple of different times for conferences, as well as doing a lot of end of year business and decision making for the farm in addition to the usual day to day office job. And with Christmas coming up, I don't see things slowing down. Hopefully by next week I can find some time to start reading through TRs and playing catch up.

Some of the busy has been appointments with LG. We had an appointment last month with a genetics Dr. Frankly, DW and I hated this clown. His bedside manners sucked and it basically felt like he wanted to diagnose LG with 4 or 5 different things after looking at him for about 2 minutes every time we saw him. He told us at our last appointment that he wanted to do some tests that our insurance probably wouldn't cover during our Nov appointment. Well, we prepared for this and spoke to other medical professionals, one of which has adopted a few children who do have genetic issues and she was one of LG's caregivers from day 1. We approached the topic lightly knowing she works with this guy. She was pretty blunt and told us as a friend and not as his co-worker to ignore him, LG is fine and that she can't stand him either. I walked in the door prepared to tell this guy we weren't doing the tests and we'd be requesting a referral for a second opinion elsewhere.

We have an appointment tomorrow for a CT scan to maintain a baseline on some things and then a routine exam with neuro, so hoping things go well there. He has a shunt and they say that it will likely need to be replaced sometime around 2 or 3 years old, but hopefully things are good and we'll be good to go for a while still.

Anyway, that's just part of what we've been dealing with the past few weeks. Sorry I've gotten so far behind and I'll be back sometime to catch up with everyone!

Good to hear such positive news.
Congratulations and Merry Christmas!

This is just fantastic news all the way around, Andy. I remember the fear and doubt before he was born and the weeks and months just after with surgeries and round the clock care and hospital stays, and, and, and... Really, this is just so wonderful that LG has done so well. A happy, playing, running around little boy is the best we could have all hoped and prayed for. So happy for you and your family!

I myself and only just now getting back into the swing of things after a LONG hiatus. I, for one, am quite glad you are going slow. With Christmas and the holidays, I imagine the Boards will be slow for most of us. Enjoy this time with your family! :)

Add me to the contingent that has fallen woefully behind on the DIS. But I'm here and caught up (for now)!

I really could relate to your FoP experience. I rode twice with Izzy (Dug was one whose legs would not fit) and the first time I was feeling very motion sick - and I don't get motion sick - but I was looking over at her frequently, as you were with your DD. She loved it, but I was paranoid all ride because she refused to hold on to anything but her glasses (too big for her face). The second time around, I figured she survived the first ride without hanging on, so I'd try to focus on the screen and not turn back and forth - that ride was much less sickening and more enjoyable.

Glad to hear that LG is doing well!

Great news about LG's development, and that you get to say sayonara to that doctor!! Thanks for the update, Andy!

They told us that 85 is basically the bare min, but 85-100 is good. There was a fine motor test and cognitive test and LG scored over 100 on both. So we were discharged from that Dr's care and barely had to even speak to him on our way out. Gotta say, that was great news. I couldn't get out of there fast enough.
That is such great news! Sounds like he is doing great.

It is def hard when you don't like the doctors. Some of them have so little bed side manner, which I always find amazing in pediatric doctors.

They told us that 85 is basically the bare min, but 85-100 is good. There was a fine motor test and cognitive test and LG scored over 100 on both

So happy to hear LG is doing great! He's been a trooper since Day 1.
I think life has been crazy for a lot of us DISers. Enjoy your holidays and don't worry about trying to stay on top of things here. We're not going anywhere. :rotfl:

Hey Andy! :wave2: Joining in a little late to this TR but all caught up and looking forward to more!

The trip so far sounds good, aside from the meltdowns and quick thinking/plan changing. I had a trip like that once, big group and all, so I totally feel your pain on that!

Your pictures of AKL are killing me! I am staying there for the first time next month and just seeing those pictures is making me want to get there RIGHT NOW! I am so excited! :hyper:

So glad to hear LG is doing well and if you don't get back on before then, I hope your family has a Merry Christmas! :santa:

I think everyone has gotten behind here! While you know what has been monopolizing your time, I can't tell you what has kept me so busy, possibly multiple vet visits, and perhaps last weekend at Disney, but beyond that nothing has really been going On! :laughing:

Great news on LG, so nice that he is growing up a healthy little boy. And good thing that other Dr gave up on running a battery of tests that were unnecessary and not covered by insurance.

Andy I'm so sorry I'm so late in responding to this update. The holidays really took too much of my time.

We were going to meet up for dinner, but I was having a hard time getting the kids ready and out the door. Since I thought we were going to be pressed on time, I decided to get creative and use the Rider Swap system to our advantage. I changed the FP for Dinosaur for my family to Expedition Everest for about 45 minutes later than our Dino FPs. I figured with LG and Niece we’d grab a couple of Rider Swaps for each ride and we could use them later in the week.
I'm still trying to figure the ride swap thing. We'll be using it next month for the first time.

DD: Chicken nuggets and fries and ketchup!

I'm not surprised.

DS: Because Disney has the best chicken nuggets ever!

Do they really?

Thankfully we were going to AK. I think we waited maybe 15 minutes for the next bus.
Thank goodness!

We arrived at the park and had a smoother experience with security this time through than we did that morning. As we were entering the park I sent a text to let Mom know we were there. She replied that they were at Restaurantosaurus and waiting for us. Instead of eating what they wanted, they decided to just sit and wait to eat with us. I kind of appreciated the gesture but at the same time, I was a little bit ticked off that they did that. Mom had been talking about wanting to go to Flame Tree all day and then didn’t because of our kids. Oh well…

That does sound frustrating. You want everyone to have a good time and not miss out because of you.

There was zero crowd in Restaurantosaurus.

We've been there for the last 2 trips for lunch and both times it was crowded. Diner sounds like the better option.

That girl loves her animals. Sis has a donkey that is tame as can be for Niece and she loves riding him.

She also used to have pet chickens.

That is so sweet.

After we finished eating it was time to use those Dinosaur FPs. I told everyone what I did about re-arranging the FPs. The Rider Swap acquisition was a success and DW and I took the kids to wait while everyone else rode.

They don't look real impressed.

She may look a little bit scared in the pictures, but she really enjoyed it, as did DS!

Everyone looks like they're having fun, but she does look scared, you look worried.

In fact, she liked it so much that she wanted to ride again. We had enough time that Sis, Bil, Sis2 and the kids and I all took the Rider Swaps and went for another ride.

Again everyone having fun, but this time you looked bored.

We had a nice view of the lighting effects on the tree from where we sat. It was just a beautiful evening and a nice environment to enjoy as the sun went down and the sky darkened completely.

We thought it was beautiful too. We sat in the diner reserved area. I don't think I would do it every trip but we enjoyed it.

I was really impressed by it. It didn’t have any of our favorite familiar characters or songs from the movies. But it was a beautiful show and I really liked it. I

Same here.

he good news though was that because it was so slow, they threw in literally a tray full of desserts too.

Free desserts sound great.

We headed out of the park and waited maybe about 5 minutes for a bus.

Finally great bus mojo!

fter a nice day with no major meltdowns, we were able to get to bed at a time that wasn’t ridiculously late.

Which was good, because tomorrow would be an early morning and a long day.

Wonderful night and I'm looking forward to your next day.

I just read your update on LG and it sounds like he's doing great! This is so nice to hear. I hope you have a great holiday and can get back to normal soon.

So obviously the holidays didn't allow me time to play catch up here. Sorry. Really a lot going on right now.

Update on LG, he's passed all tests over the winter with flying colors. We've been cleared by his 2 surgeons for 12 months... so no appointments until next December unless we see something of concern.

In less fun news, he gave us a scare last week and we got to go to the ER. He climbed up on his sister's bed and fell off backwards, hitting his head on the hardwood floor. He was unconscious for a few seconds and I was alone with the kids... parent of the year, right here. I told the older kids we were going to the hospital and they were great about helping me get ready to go and talking and playing with him to keep him awake on the way there. Thankfully, he was back to his normal self within a few seconds of it happening, but with everything we've been through and the fact that he has a shunt, I didn't want to take any chances. DW met me at the hospital and we were there a couple of hours for observation, but he ended up being fine.

Anyway, that catches me up to now. This is a busy time of year for me with one of the organizations I'm involved with. I'll be out of town for 3 of the next 6 weekends. Hopefully I'll have some time to catch up at work and then catch up here... I feel bad for being so far behind on everyone else's TRs and not updating my own.

I hope everyone is having a great start to the new year! Thanks for your patience!

Happy New Year! What a scare with LG, glad it wasn't anything serious! And very glad to hear he passed all his test!

So obviously the holidays didn't allow me time to play catch up here. Sorry. Really a lot going on right now.

Update on LG, he's passed all tests over the winter with flying colors. We've been cleared by his 2 surgeons for 12 months... so no appointments until next December unless we see something of concern.

In less fun news, he gave us a scare last week and we got to go to the ER. He climbed up on his sister's bed and fell off backwards, hitting his head on the hardwood floor. He was unconscious for a few seconds and I was alone with the kids... parent of the year, right here. I told the older kids we were going to the hospital and they were great about helping me get ready to go and talking and playing with him to keep him awake on the way there. Thankfully, he was back to his normal self within a few seconds of it happening, but with everything we've been through and the fact that he has a shunt, I didn't want to take any chances. DW met me at the hospital and we were there a couple of hours for observation, but he ended up being fine.

Anyway, that catches me up to now. This is a busy time of year for me with one of the organizations I'm involved with. I'll be out of town for 3 of the next 6 weekends. Hopefully I'll have some time to catch up at work and then catch up here... I feel bad for being so far behind on everyone else's TRs and not updating my own.

I hope everyone is having a great start to the new year! Thanks for your patience!
Hey Andy. I can understand busy, especially being parent of the year...that's a difficult job. Good thing I was never nominated for that. :lmao:

Glad LG is okay and great news about not having to go back for a year!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter