Disney Gives Us the Warm Fuzzies - Take Two. TRIP REPORT HAS BEGUN! 1/20 Pg. 92

Glad I am not the only one who has done embarrassing things like that before. ;)

Oh, now that I see the dimensions, I think the Libby is too small. Really and truly. The Hipster is pushing it on size for me at the best of times, and the Libby is even smaller than that.

That is what I am thinking. UGH. I am so torn. I'm worried the Saddle Up is too big. UGH I hate bag shopping. Is it too much to ask for the perfect park bag? :guilty:

That is what I am thinking. UGH. I am so torn. I'm worried the Saddle Up is too big. UGH I hate bag shopping. Is it too much to ask for the perfect park bag? :guilty:

It is so frustrating. I am still on a quest for mine. I think I am going to try the large Vera backpack this next time. I need lots of space, and I like the idea of having room to carry a couple of water bottles into the park so we don't have to pay Disney prices.

It is so frustrating. I am still on a quest for mine. I think I am going to try the large Vera backpack this next time. I need lots of space, and I like the idea of having room to carry a couple of water bottles into the park so we don't have to pay Disney prices.

Yes, those Disney water prices are crazy. I will be bringing water into the park this time too. Marc just convinced me that I should go with the Saddle Up. :rotfl2:

Oh you girls and your bag talk, I'm going to try to have a look at some bags this afternoon. I'm quite curious about that saddle up.....

Leslie, I wonder if the length of the strap will be an issue this trip.......
You are shrinking girlie!

We are so going to see "The Blind Side" this weekend!

Oh you girls and your bag talk, I'm going to try to have a look at some bags this afternoon. I'm quite curious about that saddle up.....

Leslie, I wonder if the length of the strap will be an issue this trip.......
You are shrinking girlie!

We are so going to see "The Blind Side" this weekend!

I don't think the strap will be a huge problem. I just worry. :rotfl2: I need to stop worrying about those things though.

Another update….more changes.

Who’s surprised?

LOL!! With me and you...probably not a whole lot of our friends LOL!!!!! Besides its a well known fact on these boards that I'm a libra and well decision making is not my forte!!!

First, the good news. My vacation day for Tuesday the 19th was officially approved. Yay! Now I’m just waiting to hear if I will be approved to leave early on Friday the 15th. I’m sure I will be since I just need to leave at 3PM to catch my 6:30PM flight to Orlando. I decided to add on Friday night afterall. I love the idea of arriving after work, check in, go to sleep and be refreshed and ready to go on Saturday. I still can’t book a standard room at Pop but decided to just go ahead and book the preferred for all four nights. I’m a little worried about the flight time and giving myself enough time to get to the airport. I like to get there way early because I’m crazy like that. (I laughed here, only because this is something I freak out about too and you and I might be the only ones in the world who would choose to freak out over getting to the airport EXTRA early!!!)I figure it will take about 1.5 hours from my work so I would still get there two hours early which gives me wiggle room with traffic. It should be plenty of time. I have a feeling that I’ll have to pick up my own luggage too, which I think I prefer anyways. I don’t want to not have my luggage before I want to go to bed. (Of course you could pack light and only have a carry ons LOL...okay that sentence coming from ME...is just too ironic at 3am in the morning as I'm updating this LOL)So that might take me a little more time. Has anyone used Magical Express that late at night? Anything I need to know about it? (Yes please I'm curious about this too LOL)

We’ve also added one more ADR to make a grand total of 4 ADRs for the trip. It’s a new place for both of us but we aren’t telling where it is until we get to that day. Muhahahaha! (OOOH, the evil laugh I always love when a PTR has an evil laugh LOL...:thumbsup2 BTW I'm not telling either LOL)

For now, I’m going to share the first full day itinerary. Instead of doing the Three/Six Must Do List, we just made a list with everything we want to try to hit up as more of a guideline. Who knows if we’ll get to everything but at least it will keep us on track to what we did want to do. (Hmmm...guidelines....I like this word for some very odd reason!! I think we have a great list!!!!!)

Saturday January 16th:
*Hollywood Studios
Park Hours: 9 – 7PM, EMH’s 8-9AM
*Hollywood Studio List O’ Things:
*Toy Story Mania x’s infinity.
*The Great Movie Ride
*The Voyage of the Little Mermaid
*Beauty & The Beast
*Muppets 3D
*Streetmosphere Characters
*Animation Studio
*Meet Toy Story Characters
*Hollywood Brown Derby @ 6:45PM
*Downtown Disney after Dinner(?)

The plan is for Jen to arrive early Saturday morning to the resort, pick me up and head over to Hollywood Studios for 8AM and the Extra Magic Hours. After my EMH in October I'm really looking forward to being able to explore the less visited parts of the park with Leslie...I know this will be a lot of fun for both of us!!!I really want to ride Toy Story Mania multiple times. LOL!! I love this ride I want to ride it often too!!!I have so much fun on that ride and I’ve had some really funny dreams about the queue and I must see it at least once. I think TSM will be the only thing we use fastpasses for so I think we might be able to get in a lot of rides. Fingers Crossed!

I’m loving that we were able to get Brown Derby so close to park closing so that we will have a full day at Hollywood Studios and so we can leave when the park is empty! I was super sad about missing out on that with Jen, Christine & Paula in September.
Going to be a great dinner I'm really really looking forward to it...and DHS at closing WOOT!!!!!

Jen mentioned hitting up DTD after dinner, how late are the stores open? Until 11pm I think....so if we're done around 8ish or so we could make a quick trek over and just do a bit first day shopping LOL...I will have to purchase my annual Disney jacket!!!! I think it might be a nice thing to do after our day. Plus I never got to DTD last May so I’d like to check out the Pin Store and World of Disney. I might also have to buy some Mr. Potato Head parts.

Yay, glad you get to go again even if it is a little shorter than you originally planned. I'm sure you'll still have a great time. Like you said, atleast you get to go! :thumbsup2

I am so excited!!! :banana:

I have been trying to think of something to buy Marc for Christmas. He's so hard to buy for...and I found something!

I got an email from Aerogarden and they have a 3 pod aero garden normally $94.90 for $50.96!!

You can not beat that price!

It also comes with the herb starter kit and a flower starter kit. Yahooo!! I really hope he loves it. He tried to grow herbs on our balcony this past summer but it didn't go well, I think this will work well. :banana:

I am so excited!!! :banana:

I have been trying to think of something to buy Marc for Christmas. He's so hard to buy for...and I found something!

I got an email from Aerogarden and they have a 3 pod aero garden normally $94.90 for $50.96!!

You can not beat that price!

It also comes with the herb starter kit and a flower starter kit. Yahooo!! I really hope he loves it. He tried to grow herbs on our balcony this past summer but it didn't go well, I think this will work well. :banana:

Don't you love it when you find that perfect gift?
Still waiting to hear what you ordered yesterday.....
:rolleyes1

Hurrah, an update! Giggling at the changes. Of COURSE there are changes!

I seem to recall that Magical Express changed the process relatively recently such that arrivals after a certain time of night don't get their checked bags delivered until the next day. The bus part still works the same you just might have to plan accordingly with your carry-on bag.

You will love Brown Derby at closing time. Magical!! :wizard:

Anxious to hear what your new ADR is. popcorn::

Yay, glad you get to go again even if it is a little shorter than you originally planned. I'm sure you'll still have a great time. Like you said, atleast you get to go! :thumbsup2
I am more than happy with my shorter trip. It's going to be a sweet escape!

Don't you love it when you find that perfect gift?
Still waiting to hear what you ordered yesterday.....
:rolleyes1
Did you see the response....if not I posted it below for you. :rotfl2: I did update today...you think that would be enough! ;)

:rotfl:

I don't know....I have an update ready to go but I might not tell you what I bought until I receive it. :rolleyes1

Hurrah, an update! Giggling at the changes. Of COURSE there are changes!

I seem to recall that Magical Express changed the process relatively recently such that arrivals after a certain time of night don't get their checked bags delivered until the next day. The bus part still works the same you just might have to plan accordingly with your carry-on bag.

You will love Brown Derby at closing time. Magical!! :wizard:

Anxious to hear what your new ADR is. popcorn::
Of course there are changes.

I will be getting my luggage for sure then. I don't want my bag delivered the next day..that is just silly. I'm hoping to do a carry on and a backpack for my personal item. Think I can fit everything into those? :rolleyes1

I really am looking forward to Brown Derby. It's so yummy and I love that it's near park closing time. :lovestruc

Jen and LL,

You gotta remember which board you're on...I HAVE to get to the airport at least 2 1/2 hours before my scheduled flight time. I get very nervous if I don't.

Brown Derby:love:

Just a reminder that the National College Cheer and Dance Championships are that weekend at DHS and WWOS usually making DHS more crowded on Sat/Sun

I will be getting my luggage for sure then. I don't want my bag delivered the next day..that is just silly. I'm hoping to do a carry on and a backpack for my personal item. Think I can fit everything into those? :rolleyes1

I really am looking forward to Brown Derby. It's so yummy and I love that it's near park closing time. :lovestruc

It says for arrivals after 10pm they are delivering the next day. So probably wise to get it yourself if you want to ensure you have it. I bet for a quick trip you could fit it all in a carry-on. :thumbsup2 Although that could limit your souvenir space... and that could be a good or bad thing. :rolleyes1

I am the same way about getting to the airport early. I get anxious if we don't. My dad has to travel a lot for work and he tells us that we don't NEED to leave 2+ hours early, but my mom and I have tried to point out to him that traveling solo and often not even having to check a suitcase is different than traveling with three other people -- especially 3 females, 2 of whom are very nervous females/travelers, and tend to pack heavily. :rolleyes1 He has learned it is best to just humor us. I'd rather be in the airport, at the gate, waiting for an hour or more, than be sitting in traffic on 93, watching the clock and panicking.

Jen and LL,

You gotta remember which board you're on...I HAVE to get to the airport at least 2 1/2 hours before my scheduled flight time. I get very nervous if I don't.

Brown Derby:love:

Just a reminder that the National College Cheer and Dance Championships are that weekend at DHS and WWOS usually making DHS more crowded on Sat/Sun
I'm so glad there are other early flight arrivers. I just can't handle it if I don't get there hours early. I'm really worried about the snow factor too. EEEK!

I keep forgetting that National Cheer thingy is going on. UGH. Oh well, even if it's crowded it's better than being at home. :rotfl2:

It says for arrivals after 10pm they are delivering the next day. So probably wise to get it yourself if you want to ensure you have it. I bet for a quick trip you could fit it all in a carry-on. :thumbsup2 Although that could limit your souvenir space... and that could be a good or bad thing. :rolleyes1
Yeah...I'm not dealing with that. I mean I know I can go get my luggage at baggage claim but I don't want to do that. I'm on vacation. :rotfl2:

Bah!? That's it!?! :laughing:

I am the same way about getting to the airport early. I get anxious if we don't. My dad has to travel a lot for work and he tells us that we don't NEED to leave 2+ hours early, but my mom and I have tried to point out to him that traveling solo and often not even having to check a suitcase is different than traveling with three other people -- especially 3 females, 2 of whom are very nervous females/travelers, and tend to pack heavily. :rolleyes1 He has learned it is best to just humor us. I'd rather be in the airport, at the gate, waiting for an hour or more, than be sitting in traffic on 93, watching the clock and panicking.

EXACTLY. I rather be earlier then being panicked stuck in traffic. I have to keep repeating myself getting out of work 3.5 hours before my flight will be fine. I expect to take 1.5 hours at the very most to get there. I think it will take much less...depending on the weather. But it should be fine. :rolleyes1

I'm so glad there are other early flight arrivers. I just can't handle it if I don't get there hours early. I'm really worried about the snow factor too. EEEK!

I would freak if I had to deal with snow. When booking connecting flights I try and avoid places like Denver and Chicago during the winter.

LL said:

I keep forgetting that National Cheer thingy is going on. UGH. Oh well, even if it's crowded it's better than being at home. :rotfl2:

Other than TSM, I think you're okay. RnRC and ToT were the worst. I'm not sure but I think Indy Stunt Spectacular is closed due to the competition, but I don't see that on your list. I think you're all good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter