Disney Gives Us the Warm Fuzzies - Take Two. TRIP REPORT HAS BEGUN! 1/20 Pg. 92

I haven't been there in January but I have been there in March. I was comfortable in Jeans, t-shirts and a hoodie at night. I hardly ever get cold. My classroom is so warm with all of the kids moving around that I pretty much wear short sleeves year round.

I can't wait to see the pictures of your new clothes.:cheer2: I am trying to decide on my park bag too. I want a Vera Hipster and I was going to get a retiring color because they are on sale. I got all ready to buy it and then that color was sold out. So, now I have to decide on a new color/pattern. Are you looking for a new style?

Do you seriously think coming to the den of enabling with a question about whether you should leave a day early is going to get you anything other than one answer? :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :cool1:

I have to say that going the night before makes alll the difference!! I would definitely try to get there the night before your first park day if you can.

(Of course, I'm an enabler too...)

This is soooo the "den of enabling!!!!" I was sitting here at work tonight thinking hmmmmm in May I should fly out on Saturday instead of my intended Sunday. The flight should be cheaper on a Saturday and it will give us a full day in the parks. That's my reasoning and I am sticking to it! :laughing:

Tracy

Thats so exciting you guys get to go together now!! By the sounds of it your going to have a great vacay!! Thats awesome about your find with the t's ... shopping for new Disney T's for the trip is just as much fun as being on the trip ..that's my fav part that's how I know im getting close :woohoo:

I hope you have a great trip- maybe I will run into you!
We'll have to see if any of our plans overlap. :thumbsup2

Call me an enabler - but I think you should go on Friday night! I know this is a budget trip, so only do it if you can afford it.

As far as the park ticket - I really don't know if you can combine two individual parks tickets. That would be so great if you could.

So great that you were able to find Tshirts. I was at a Disney store recently and I didn't see one thing I wanted. Hard to believe, but true. But now I am kicking myself because I saw the cutest little Tinkerbell Halloween candy container at Kohl's that I didn't buy. Boy,I wish I had.
It is a budget trip but I think I might be able to squeeze another night in.

I am so so so so excited about my Disney shirts. They actually already shipped today! I find that remarkable. I can't wait to get them and try them on.

Talk about enabling I went to the Disney Store online this morning and ordered a long sleeve Minnie shirt and a short sleeve Mickey one that would look great layered!! So thanks Leslie LOL!!!!! When the package arrives I'm saying take it up with Leslie LOL!!!!
Oh great, Phillip is not going to let you go on anymore trips with me! :rotfl2:

:dance3: for plus size t-shirts at Disney online for 2 for $20!! I'm heading over there now!! Last year was the first year I ever found plus size clothes at WDW! I was so excited!! Its the little (or in this case big... :laughing:) things in life!

As far as January weather goes, Jen is on the right track with layering!! We were there last year Jan 21-28 and FROZE our tushes off the first few days. IT was record lows for Florida - upper 20s overnight - and colder in Florida than it was in Texas!!! So we were layering with coats and mittens and blankets for the baby at the beginning of the trip, and then I was in a tshirt and bermuda shorts by the end of the trip. So pack for all weather and check the forecast often!!!

IF you decide to go down Friday night ( do it do it do it do it .... :rolleyes1 did you hear something??? ) I have an idea!!

Bump down to standard from preferred and then request 60s building, first floor or something like that. The backside of the preferred buildings are standard rates. This is what I did last year and it rocked! I got the idea from our stay back in April 07 when we requested my MIL's room to be as close to ours as possible, but yet at a standard rate. We had paid the extra money for the preferred location, not wanting to trek a billion miles before we even got on the bus to the parks, but she was only joining for 3 nights and wasn't wanting to spend the extra money. We were all the way at the back of the 60s buildings close to the lake and MIL was literally around the back corner of the building, maybe another 10 steps??? So we were paying an additional $12/ night for 10 less steps?! :rolleyes:

So in our trip in 09, I requested standard room 60s building again, so we'd be close to the food court and Hippy Dippy, and we asked for 1st floor cus we had a stroller and didn't want to mess with the elevator/stairs. Room noise isn't an issue for us because I bring a white noise machine! :thumbsup2 So we got 60s building, to the right when leaving from the main hall and you just ducked between the buildings at the Playdoh container and we were 7 rooms down. IT was perfect!! Quieter than poolside, had a view of the lake and the little grassy area. We had bunny and duck visitors many days, which the kids loved!!

So just a thought to get what ya want without having to pay for it !!! :goodvibes

EDIT: Ok so re-reading that I'm realizing maybe that you meant you couldn't get a standard room because of availabilty??..... lol BUT my idea still works so I'm leaving it here anyway!!! :lmao:
:lmao: That totally makes sense, the only problem is that I can't get a standard room because of the availability. I'm going to keep checking though.
Great update!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd go for the extra night if it makes sense financially :goodvibes

Speaking of weather. We went in mid Feb and it was ALL over the board (50-80+ degrees). I wore everything from tank tops and capri's/shorts to jeans and long sleeve t's and even one night, my north face jacket!

I didn't wear gloves or a hat but did have a cozy scarf!

Most days were quite warm BUT the mornings and evenings were chilly so layers was the way to go. More than once I changed mid day in the park, I brought a bigger bag and used a locker so we'd all have jackets without having to go back to the resort.
I think a scarf will be good for me. I think layering will work. And if it's warm, I should be fine in a tee and jeans.

Do you know what I did AGAIN, LL and Jen? I forgot to hit the subscribe button! I must just get so excited whenever you start a new PTR!

I am dying laughing at the thought of the car yelling out to Jen!!! :lmao:
We are going to have to start reminding you in our first posts of new threads to subscribe. :rotfl2: But then again, I forgot to subscribe to your last two as well. Maybe it's just our thing. :laughing:

I'm here! :wave: Now I need to get back to the beginning and get to reading!! :woohoo:

Tracy
WOO HOO!

I have to go with MeMom on this one. You're going, you're not going, Jen is going, Jen is not going, Jen is going....you ladies are messing with my brain on a Monday! This isn't smart. :rotfl:

Seriously though, I'm so happy to hear that you two are finally getting to go again! I can't wait to hear about this dual TR!
Sorry to be terribly confusing. :rotfl:

I was :rotfl: at Jen chiming in with her "cold" weather comments! :laughing:
Actually, I was there this past January and it was (I think unseasonably) cold. Like 60's and maybe a bit colder at night. Maybe one day in the 70's and so I wore capris then. We have different blood up here than the southerners so we can take it a bit colder! :lmao:
I would try to go earlier if you can swing it too.....I am always thinking ahead in the winter months because of deicing the plane, etc.
I think you need a new Vera....you deserve it after all of the planning/canceling that you have had to endure. ::yes::

So super excited for the both of you!! :thumbsup2

Tracy
See, Jen I'm not being crazy! We have different blood up here. I've been working on a packing list so hopefully it will cover me for all weather scenarios.

I'm so happy that Jen is going to be able to joing you. Yeah!!!:)
WOO HOO! Me too!

I haven't been there in January but I have been there in March. I was comfortable in Jeans, t-shirts and a hoodie at night. I hardly ever get cold. My classroom is so warm with all of the kids moving around that I pretty much wear short sleeves year round.

I can't wait to see the pictures of your new clothes.:cheer2: I am trying to decide on my park bag too. I want a Vera Hipster and I was going to get a retiring color because they are on sale. I got all ready to buy it and then that color was sold out. So, now I have to decide on a new color/pattern. Are you looking for a new style?
I'm very intrigued by the saddle bag. That is what Jen used in September and she really loved it so I want to test that out for myself. I didn't like my mailbag in May, it worked but I hated how it hung on me if that makes sense.

Do you seriously think coming to the den of enabling with a question about whether you should leave a day early is going to get you anything other than one answer? :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :cool1:
Hmmmm, perhaps that is why I pose these questions. "Well honey, the DIS boards told me to do it." :rotfl2:

I have to say that going the night before makes alll the difference!! I would definitely try to get there the night before your first park day if you can.

(Of course, I'm an enabler too...)
Oh I'm Queen Enabler. :laughing: It really does make a huge difference, three full days in the parks sounds so much better than 2 1/2. :rotfl2:

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Katie, you made me laugh out loud when I read this!
Hehehe, me too.

This is soooo the "den of enabling!!!!" I was sitting here at work tonight thinking hmmmmm in May I should fly out on Saturday instead of my intended Sunday. The flight should be cheaper on a Saturday and it will give us a full day in the parks. That's my reasoning and I am sticking to it! :laughing:

Tracy
Well...I think your reasoning makes total sense! :rolleyes1

I :lovestruc your two for the price of one updates! You two are going to have SO much fun!!! :cool1:
We are! And look at you with only 17 days left until your trip! :banana:

Thats so exciting you guys get to go together now!! By the sounds of it your going to have a great vacay!! Thats awesome about your find with the t's ... shopping for new Disney T's for the trip is just as much fun as being on the trip ..that's my fav part that's how I know im getting close :woohoo:
I love shopping for anything trip related, it makes me so happy!

Geeze!!!!! You really know how to keep us guessing!!! I'm sooo glad Jen can with you too!!! FUN!!!!

Gotta go back and read!

DEN of Enabling... OH MY!!! That is too too cute! too too true, and makes me laugh! FUNNY! Good grief. Of course you know I must agree, GO Friday night!!! IF you can, and it makes sense... I mean, what are you going to do Friday night anyway? Plan for Saturday morning! Might as well get there and get it over with!!! :rotfl:
LOVE your tandem responses!!! YOU guys are going to have so much fun :)

Two words.....
Go Friday!

Well OK here's a couple more, I got my 2 for $20 t-shirts today from Disney shopping, way cute!

is brown derby on the list?;)

3 almost full days is good, 3 completely full days would be better.

Such things can only be revealed after serious negotations through hours of emails ending in the secret handshake...however if you are lucky we might spare you all that and soon reveal where we plan to go and where we plan to eat LOL!!!!!!!

Just a small note...It's My FRIDAY!!! WOOT !!!!!

I know I told my hubby that he didn't have to buy me any birthday or christmas presents in exchange for this solo trip but he just got himself a 50" plasma TV. Perhaps I deserve a couple 2 for $20 t-shirts!

Hooray for your Friday Jen!! I can't believe how early some of you in other states get out (CP, don't you have the WHOLE week off?) The standard here is an early release on Wednesday. It makes for a quick turnaround when you have to travel somewhere. Thankfully we are just staying home this year for a quiet family celebration.

Geeze!!!!! You really know how to keep us guessing!!! I'm sooo glad Jen can with you too!!! FUN!!!!

Gotta go back and read!
Yes, I do like to keep all of you on your toes. :rotfl2:

DEN of Enabling... OH MY!!! That is too too cute! too too true, and makes me laugh! FUNNY! Good grief. Of course you know I must agree, GO Friday night!!! IF you can, and it makes sense... I mean, what are you going to do Friday night anyway? Plan for Saturday morning! Might as well get there and get it over with!!! :rotfl:
LOVE your tandem responses!!! YOU guys are going to have so much fun :)
Den of Enabling. Maybe I should change the PTR title. :rotfl2:

Pretty much, I hate the night before a trip. At least if I have to work Friday and then get to fly out it won't be as bad. :thumbsup2

Ah, we have a thing!!! :lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:
Yes, yes we do. :rotfl:

Two words.....
Go Friday!

Well OK here's a couple more, I got my 2 for $20 t-shirts today from Disney shopping, way cute!
I'm glad that everyone is ordering their Disney shirts! :rotfl2:

is brown derby on the list?;)

3 almost full days is good, 3 completely full days would be better.
The bigger question is....is Brown Derby still on your list? My heart is going to break just a teeny bit if you don't eat there in February. :rolleyes1

Such things can only be revealed after serious negotations through hours of emails ending in the secret handshake...however if you are lucky we might spare you all that and soon reveal where we plan to go and where we plan to eat LOL!!!!!!!

Just a small note...It's My FRIDAY!!! WOOT !!!!!
Rub it in why don't you!? :lmao: I am so jealous today is your Friday. Today is my....Wednesday. :rotfl:

I know I told my hubby that he didn't have to buy me any birthday or christmas presents in exchange for this solo trip but he just got himself a 50" plasma TV. Perhaps I deserve a couple 2 for $20 t-shirts!

Hooray for your Friday Jen!! I can't believe how early some of you in other states get out (CP, don't you have the WHOLE week off?) The standard here is an early release on Wednesday. It makes for a quick turnaround when you have to travel somewhere. Thankfully we are just staying home this year for a quiet family celebration.
Katie, you do need some 2 for $20 shirts for your upcoming trip! :thumbsup2

Yes, I do like to keep all of you on your toes. :rotfl2:

Den of Enabling. Maybe I should change the PTR title. :rotfl2:

Pretty much, I hate the night before a trip. At least if I have to work Friday and then get to fly out it won't be as bad. :thumbsup2

Yes, yes we do. :rotfl:

I'm glad that everyone is ordering their Disney shirts! :rotfl2:

The bigger question is....is Brown Derby still on your list? My heart is going to break just a teeny bit if you don't eat there in February. :rolleyes1

Rub it in why don't you!? :lmao: I am so jealous today is your Friday. Today is my....Wednesday. :rotfl:

Katie, you do need some 2 for $20 shirts for your upcoming trip! :thumbsup2

Wednesday does not sound nearly as fun as Friday does....I think they named the days according to their fun factor LOL!!!!!! Monday just sounds BLAH LOL!!!!!!

I agree Katie should definitely go buy some shirts...go go go go...I am giving you a don't pass go collect $200 ticket LOL!!!!

PS: I prefer the "cess-pool" of enabling...sounds more dark and sadistic LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter