Disney Gift Cards

Cant wait for Disney

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone,
does anyone buy gift cards in bulk for gas perks and then use them to pay off parts of their trip? Has it been a hassle or easy to call ahead and read off the card numbers on the phone?
Dh and I are contemplating heading to the grocery store and buying a ton of cards to try and get some gas perks and then using them to pay for our dining plan. Is this a good plan? tia for any advice!!

Hi everyone,
does anyone buy gift cards in bulk for gas perks and then use them to pay off parts of their trip? Has it been a hassle or easy to call ahead and read off the card numbers on the phone?
Dh and I are contemplating heading to the grocery store and buying a ton of cards to try and get some gas perks and then using them to pay for our dining plan. Is this a good plan? tia for any advice!!
I've read of a lot of people who have done this successfully. It will take time to read off all of the gift card numbers but it might be worth the hassle in exchange for the fuel perks.

You will want to hang onto those gift cards even after you pay for your trip. If Disney needs to make a refund to you for whatever reason, the money will go back on those gift cards. You don't want to throw them out!

Also, you will be tying up your money with Disney. So if you need if for something else, you will be outta luck. The gift cards are nonrefundable. That might not be a concern for you, especially if the cash is coming right from your Disney fund.

good advice, thank you! the money is just for the trip so it would be ok if it was tied up in cards.
i'm glad to hear it can be done, with gas at almost $4 we need all the perks we can get!!:rotfl:

Hi everyone,

I hope it's not a hassle as I am planning on paying for almost all our vacation in Disney gift cards and Visa rewards.

I am using all the ones I get from QR and then I plan on buying the balance in Gift cards from sam's club. For a $100 gift card you get a $10 disney store gift card with it.

That poor CM.

I asked while booking if it could be done and they acted like it was quite common :)

thanks amy! all my qr work is another big reason why i'm asking! i really want to be able to pay off some dining days with the cards.
good tip on the sams club, i'll have to look into that too:thumbsup2

Hi everyone,

Yes we have done this the last 2 years. No only have we saved about 400.00 in gas doing this we have also received Disney dollars by using our Disney visa to purchase these at our local grocery store. :cool1:

I tried QR and did not qualify for surveys. I tried every day for a week then quit.

What is (are) qr surveys? Is it qr as in quick response bar codes? Also - another question about gift cards. Can you apply them to your room like a credit card for incidentals? We are supprising the kids with a trip and are thinking about getting each of them a gift card for when we get to the airport. I was then thinking about applying those gift cards to their kttw cards so its one less card to carry in the park. Any thoughts or advice?

I did it last week! I booked the Wishes Dessert Party and paid for it with a gift card and got my 10 cent fuel reward!:banana:

My husband thought I was goofy but has since realized it was smart. I had to spend the money anyway and this way I will save about $2.00 on my next tank of gas.

The cashier thought I was a little nutty when I bought a gift card for $119.22 but once I explained he said, "great idea!".

I'd like to thank the Disboards for teaching me this. :worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter