Disney Gift Cards at Costco?

jenhelgren

DIS Veteran
Are Disney Gift Cards sold at Costco? I started a previous thread about whether to book through DCL direct or use Costcotravel.com. We are Costco members but do not shop there very often so I was wondering if it is possible to use my Costco cash to purchase Disney gift cards and use them for OBC. Can Costco cash be used for gift card purchases? Even if Costco doesn't sell Disney gift cards I could purchase Target or another store that does carry Disney gift cards and use those for Disney gift cards...hmmm...

I am not sure. i have never bought gift cards at Costco before except for the AMC movie theaters.

Unless I've missed a small kiosk somewhere, there's not a huge assortment of gift cards. I'll add that I find it EASY to drop $300-500 at Costco in a single trip. :tongue:

I'm a rabid Costco member (LOL!), and have never seen them there, either in store or on the website. And believe me, I ALWAYS check what gift cards they have! About 2 or 3 years ago, they had American Airlines $300 gift cards for $269 and every time I went to the warehouse I would buy a couple! Accumulated quite a collection of them before they quit carrying them! Still enjoying THOSE gift cards…………. sure would love it if they would carry Disney gift cards!!! pixiedust:

Like someone else said, Sam's club sells them and they are discounted. I buy them there. My local Sam's sell a pack of 3 $50 gift cards for just under $143. I know it's only a savings of $7 but I'll take it.

Maybe its regional, but I've never seen Disney cards at Costco.

In our area at least, BJ's does carry them. Not a huge discount; I think $100 cards are $96...I think they also have smaller denominations at similar discounts and they have packs of 3x$50 .

i haven't seen Disney at Costco. And if i understand right, you don't get the costco gift card until after the cruise. We booked with them for our cruise coming up in October and i thought that's what i was told.

Yep, we sailed on the 09/26/15 Eastern and returned home on 10/03/15. My gift card from Costco was in my mailbox yesterday. :-)

BJ's wholesale club has them at a slight discount. I think a $50 card is $47.99 or $48.99.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter