Disney Gift Cards and Vacation?

DisneyDoll10/28

Child Meltdown! Child Meltdown!
Can you use the Disney Gift Cards (either purchased thru a store or online) to pay for your vacation packages? Can they be used to pay your bill at the end of the vacation if you charged everything to your room? Thanks!

They have to be the gift cards purchased at WDW. The Disney Store and disneyshopping.com are no longer owned by Disney, so their gift cards are not valid at WDW. Hope this answers your question?

Thats great to know. So if they are purchased thru Disney online, they would still work anywhere at the parks, correct?

Debi said:
They have to be the gift cards purchased at WDW. The Disney Store and disneyshopping.com are no longer owned by Disney, so their gift cards are not valid at WDW. Hope this answers your question?

You might want to check on that. I thought the new cards they came out with recently can also be used in any disney park or resort. I could be wrong though. :confused3

I agree - I understand that the "new" gift cards that you can purchase at the Disney Store are good at Disney Resorts and Parks (in most cases). Has anyone used them?

The new ones can be used at wdw, but from my understanding the front desks of the hotels will not take the card (I believe I read that here on the board somewhere).

But does the front desks at the resorts accept Disney Dollars? I'd like to upgrade my tickets and use my Disney $$ before heading to the parks. :confused3

Debi said:

Carrieannew is correct -- the gift cards sold at the Disney Store are good for use at WDW, Disneyland, on the Disney Cruise Line, disneyshopping.com, and at Disney Stores, of course. They made their debut May 1st, and have a holographic Mickey on them, FYI.

As of right now they are not good for paying off packages or resort rooms at WDW, but they are good for that at DL.A CM told me that they are in the process of upgrading WDW resorts to be able to accept the cards, but no ETA on when it will happen.
Sherrie

the holographic mickey GC's sold at disney stores & disneyshopping.com are identical. they are good at DL, DCL, DS & .com, as well as "most" places at WDW.
according to BWV, they are still not accepted at the resorts' front desks yet (unfortunately, i had converted $400 DD's to the GC to pay for our DVC DP ~ looks like we're going to have to do a LOT of drinking to use it up :drinking: )

DD's are still accepted at the front desks.

LSchrow said:
the holographic mickey GC's sold at disney stores & disneyshopping.com are identical. they are good at DL, DCL, DS & .com, as well as "most" places at WDW.
according to BWV, they are still not accepted at the resorts' front desks yet (unfortunately, i had converted $400 DD's to the GC to pay for our DVC DP ~ looks like we're going to have to do a LOT of drinking to use it up :drinking: )

DD's are still accepted at the front desks.

Okay so can you purchase disney dollars thru the website or over the phone? I ask this because my FMIL is throwing me a "Honey Moon" Shower in August and I wanted to put in the cards that people could contribute to our honeymoon by buying the GC but if they can't be used at the front desk then maybe the DD is the other option to give to people. The DDP has to paid at the front desk, right? So DD would be acceptable at the front desks to pay for that. I don't want to seem like a money grubber here from my guests at the shower, it's just that this is what my FMIL decided to do and at the time we were going on a cruise (not disney) and the travel agent we were using had great contribution cards to stick in the invites so I'm trying to do something along those lines. Sigh. Thanks!!

one canNOT purchase DD's online or by phone. (they can be purchased at a DS or WDW tho).

the GC's can be bought online (tho can't be reloaded online), DS & WDW (DCL & DL also accept them).

all EXCEPT online (& any phone orders) accept DD's.

so, yes, you would need DD's for the DDP. (& another btw ;) GC's canNOT be used to purchase DD's)

of course, i'm hoping they'll have the systems to accept the GC's in the resorts VERY soon (initially they said by late 2006)

hth :sunny:

adding in a link to the GC FAQ:
http://disney.go.com/disneygiftcard/use.html#wdw_details

LSchrow said:
one canNOT purchase DD's online or by phone. (they can be purchased at a DS or WDW tho).
the GC's can be bought online (tho can't be reloaded online), DS & WDW (DCL & DL also accept them).

all EXCEPT online (& any phone orders) accept DD's.

so, yes, you would need DD's for the DDP. (& another btw ;) GC's canNOT be used to purchase DD's)

of course, i'm hoping they'll have the systems to accept the GC's in the resorts VERY soon (initially they said by late 2006)

hth :sunny:

Hmmm. Hopefully the first week in Nov will be considered "late 2006". Thanks for the info! Really appreciate it!

Danielle

Wow, I didn't realize that the GC's can now be used at certain locations in WDW. Thanks for the heads up! :)

I agree that Disney Dollars are the way to go. They are accepted all over WDW and are treated like cash.

Have a magical vacation!

from disneyshopping.com

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:

Where can I buy the Disney Gift Card?
Disney Gift Cards can be purchased at select locations at Walt Disney World® Resort, Disneyland® Resort, Disney Store locations in the U.S. and DisneyShopping.com

Can I reload my Disney Gift Card?
Yes! Disney Gift Cards can be reloaded for any amount between $5-$1,500.

Where can I reload my Disney Gift Card?
Disney Gift Cards can be reloaded at most locations that sell Disney Gift Cards. DisneyShopping.com cannot reload Disney Gift Cards or DisneyShopping.com Online Gift Cards at this time.

Does my Disney Gift Card expire?
No, the Disney Gift Card you purchased or received is valid for purchases until all remaining funds have been depleted from the card.

How do I check my balance and transaction history on my Disney Gift Card ?
Call the toll free number on the back of your Disney Gift Card.

Is a service fee charged for unused balances on my Disney Gift Card?
There is no service fee for unused balances on the Disney Gift Card.

Where can I use my Disney Gift Card?
The Disney Gift Card can be used for purchases at participating locations at Walt Disney World® Resort, Disneyland® Resort, and at Disney Store locations in the U.S., DisneyShopping.com and Disney Cruise Line® onboard ship.

Where can I shop online with my Disney Gift Card?
You can shop with your Disney Gift Card online at DisneyShopping.com. Please go to www.DisneyGiftCard.com to learn more.

Where can I use my DisneyShopping.com Online Gift Card?
DisneyShopping.com Online Gift Cards can only be used for online purchases made specifically at DisneyShopping.com.

Can I use my Disney Gift Card at the Disney Outlet stores?
Yes, the Disney Gift Card can be used for purchases at the Disney Outlet stores.

Can I use my Disney Gift Card to purchase Theme Park tickets?
You can use your Disney Gift Card as a form of payment for Disneyland® Resort vacation packages by calling the Walt Disney Travel Company California at 1-866-470-5119. Coming soon, you will be able to use you Disney Gift Card for Walt Disney® World vacation packages.

Can I use my Disney Gift Card for Disney on Ice or Disney Theatrical purchases?
Disney on Ice and Disney Theatrical do not accept the Disney Gift Card for purchases. Please go to www.DisneyGiftCard.com to learn more.

Can I buy Disney Dollars with the Disney Gift Card?
Disney Dollars cannot be purchased with the Disney Gift Card.

Can I use my with another form of payment to complete a purchase?
Yes, Disney Gift Cards can be used in conjunction with other forms of payment.

What should I do if my Disney Gift Card is lost or stolen?
Promptly call 1-877-650-4327 to report the card lost or stolen. Your Disney Gift Card will be 'frozen' and funds remaining on the card (at the time of the call) can be transferred onto a new card. An original proof of purchase receipt for the Disney Gift Card is required to transfer the funds onto a new Disney Gift Card.

Can I return something I purchased with my Disney Gift Card?
Please contact the location where the purchase was made. They will explain their return policy, which will differ by location.

Can I return the Disney Gift Card that I purchased or received as a gift?
You can return the Disney Gift Card as long as you have the original proof of purchase receipt and no funds have been deducted from the card. Each location's return policy may differ. Please contact the location.

Can I give my Disney Gift Card to someone else?
The Disney Gift Card can be used by anyone. We recommend that you keep it in a safe place until you are ready to use it. Anyone who has the card in their possession will be able to make purchases with the card.

Is my Disneyland® Resort Gift Card still valid?
Yes, a Disneyland® Resort Gift Card is valid for purchases at all participating Disneyland® Resort locations.

Is my Walt Disney World Shopping & Dining Gift Card still valid?
Yes, a Walt Disney World Shopping & Dining Gift Card is valid for purchases at all participating Walt Disney World® Resort locations.

Is my Disney Store and DisneyShopping.com Gift Card still valid?
Yes, Disney Store and DisneyShopping.com Gift Cards are valid for purchases at Disney Store locations in the U.S. and online at DisneyShopping.com.

Can I keep my Disney Gift Card after I've used it?
Absolutely! Your Disney Gift Card can be reloaded or kept as a souvenir.

Can I purchase the Disney Gift Card for any value I choose?
The Disney Gift Card is available for purchase in any amount from $5 to $1,500 at select Disney Store locations in the U.S., Walt Disney World® Resort and Disneyland® Resort. Online, the Disney Gift Card can be purchased in a variety of preset dollar amounts.

Can the Disney Gift Card be used at the New York World of Disney Store location?
Yes, the Disney Gift Card can be used for purchases at the New York World of Disney Store location.

Can the Disney Gift Card be used at the Magic of Disney and Disney's Earport at the Orlando International Airport?
Yes, the Disney Gift Card can be used for purchases at the Magic of Disney and Disney's Earport at the Orlando International Airport.

Can I use Disney Dollars or the Disney Rewards Card to purchase the Disney Gift Card?
Yes, Disney Dollars and the Disney Rewards Card can be used to purchase the Disney Gift Card at most locations. However, Disney Dollars, the Disney Rewards Card and Disney Gift Cards cannot be used to purchase a Gift Card online at DisneyShopping.com at this time.

Disney Store North America is owned, and under license operated, by a subsidiary of The Children’s Place Retail Stores, Inc.

and more
Walt Disney Theme Parks*
The Disney Gift Card can be used to purchase admission tickets at the Theme Parks and annual passes. It may also be used at Disney owned and operated merchandise, dining and recreation locations where credit cards are currently accepted. Some carts, and other outdoor Merchandise vendors may not be able to accept the gift card.
Downtown Disney®, including Pleasure Island*
The Disney Gift Card can be used to purchase admission tickets to Pleasure Island and DisneyQuest®. Tickets to Cirque du Soleil® La Nouba™ may be purchased using the Disney Gift Card at the Cirque du Soleil® Box Office located at Downtown Disney® West Side. The Disney Gift Card also offers a convenient option to shop and dine at participating locations throughout the Downtown Disney® Area.

Walt Disney World Water Parks*
The Disney Gift Card also has a special wearable version available for purchase exclusively in shops at Disney's Blizzard Beach and Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Parks. This waterproof card comes with a handy wristband to wear, and is convenient to carry while enjoying the Water Parks attractions, merchandise and food and beverage purchases as well as locker and towel rentals. The cards are valid in a variety of locations throughout the Water Parks as well as at over 1,000 select participating locations throughout the Walt Disney World® Resort.

Walt Disney World® Resorts*
The Disney Gift Card offers a convenient option to shop, dine and enjoy recreation experiences at over 1,000 select participating locations throughout the Walt Disney World® Resort.

The Disney Gift Card is not accepted at: McDonalds®, Jellyrolls, Rainforest Café®, and the Richard Petty Driving Experience. The Disney Gift Card cannot be used towards the purchase of the following: Disney Dollars, Disney Gift Certificates, or Disney Gift Cards.

At this time, Gift cards are not accepted at the resort front desk or valid for use for payment of Walt Disney World Resort Hotel room nights.

Brenda you rock! Thanks!!!! I only wonder when they WILL be allowed to use at the front desks.... hmmmm

DisneyDoll10/28 said:
Brenda you rock! Thanks!!!! I only wonder when they WILL be allowed to use at the front desks.... hmmmm
lol, your welcome:)
I purchased one gc so that I can use it for Crystal Palace. My dd did the kidzeyes surveys and she has a $75 gc for merchandise. I figured it was better than having her carry around cash!
Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!