Disney gift card question

maxiesmom

The Mean Squinty Eye Works
Last year at Disney World I purchased one of the small gift cards that are on the bungie cord. Is there any way to add money to this from home, or do I have to have it reloaded at the parks? If at the parks will any shop reload it?

There is no way to directly add money to a GC from say a credit card. However if the card you have is like a normal Dis GC with the 16 digit code and the 8 digit EAN number on the back then you will be able to add value to it. You will first need to buy a Dis GC, or cards, and then go to the Dis GC site to combine the money on the card you want to use. Each card can hold up to $1000 on it and they do not have to be "active" on the GC site to use them. It's recommended that you delete the card from the site. If someone gets your username and password they could empty the card. It helps to keep a list of the numbers from the card handy in case you lose the card so you can transfer the funds to another card.

Hope that helps.

I like to buy my GC's from Target (if you use your red card you save 5%) then using the Disney Gift Card website you can transfer the funds from one card to another.

I like to buy my GC's from Target (if you use your red card you save 5%) then using the Disney Gift Card website you can transfer the funds from one card to another.
You can beat the red card rate if you're a wholesale club member. BJ's sells them for 4% discount and I have a credit card that gives me 3% back on online shopping for a total of 7%.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter