Disney gift card 10% off

DizMe

Here we gooooo...
If you have a Target red card, you probably got a coupon in the mail for an extra 5% off (in addition to the usual 5% redcard savings). The coupon says it is not valid on gift cards, and that was confirmed by multiple people. However, someone mentioned on the Budget Board that if you purchase an egift card on the Target website, it works. I purchased a $50 Disney egift card on target.com, it was delivered via email shortly after, and I've transferred it onto a physical card through mydisneygiftcard. Final cost was $45.12 for the $50 card (evidentally there is a 12-cent fee).

I know this isn't specifically about Disneyland, but thought it was handy info for anyone who might be looking to get a gift card with a good discount for their trip.

Final cost was $45.12 for the $50 card (evidentally there is a 12-cent fee).

There's no fee. That difference is because they are not actually taking ten percent of the cost, but rather taking the regular 5% off first, then taking the second 5% off the the new, lower cost, making it slightly less than 10%.

So if you buy a $50 card, first they take off 5% to make it cost $47.50. Then they reduce the $47.50 by the bonus 5%, which brings it to $45.12. :)

There's no fee. That difference is because they are not actually taking ten percent of the cost, but rather taking the regular 5% off first, then taking the second 5% off the the new, lower cost, making it slightly less than 10%.

So if you buy a $50 card, first they take off 5% to make it cost $47.50. Then they reduce the $47.50 by the bonus 5%, which brings it to $45.12. :)
Oh, thanks! That makes more sense!

This might also work on the tickets they sell online. I have not tried it yet.

This might also work on the tickets they sell online. I have not tried it yet.
I'm pretty sure it would since there is nothing in the fine print that excludes them. That would be a good savings if someone needed some DL passes!

I'm pretty sure it would since there is nothing in the fine print that excludes them. That would be a good savings if someone needed some DL passes!
I'm glad I waited to buy tickets. 10 percent off is good off of the the Disneyland passes on their website. However, Target only carries 2 and 3 day one park and park hopper passes. This may not be for everyone.

Last edited:
I'm glad I waited to buy tickets. 10 percent off is good off of the the Disneyland passes on their website. However, Target only carries 2 and 3 day one park and park hopper passes. This may not be for everyone.

I couldn't get the extra 5% off from the coupon to work on the tickets on their website. It worked for you?

I couldn't get the extra 5% off from the coupon to work on the tickets on their website. It worked for you?
It only worked on the e-gift card, not the regular gift card. It will send the card electronically to your email and you can then print it, add it to an existing card on my disney gift card .com or use it from your phone.

It only worked on the e-gift card, not the regular gift card. It will send the card electronically to your email and you can then print it, add it to an existing card on my disney gift card .com or use it from your phone.

Yeah, I'll probably just do this. But PP said they got it to work on the tickets Target has on their website as well. I tried to do that the other day (for 2 day PHs) and couldn't get the coupon to work. It took off the regular 5% for the red card but not the extra for the coupon.

Ugh. I can't get this to work on the eGift card or tickets. I just get the 5% but not the extra from the coupon.

The 5% coupon was buried in the annual Privacy/Terms of Service letter. I almost threw it away as usual and noticed the coupon in there at the last minute.

I immediately thought of this- using it on tickets or eGift cards but have tried both on the website and the app and the coupon doesn't seem to work for me for either of those (if I put a random toy or something in my cart it does work so I know the issue isn't the code itself).

The 5% coupon was buried in the annual Privacy/Terms of Service letter. I almost threw it away as usual and noticed the coupon in there at the last minute.

I immediately thought of this- using it on tickets or eGift cards but have tried both on the website and the app and the coupon doesn't seem to work for me for either of those (if I put a random toy or something in my cart it does work so I know the issue isn't the code itself).
Oh thats a bummer! I haven't tried it, but someone said they got it to work for e gift cards earlier. Figured it would work for the tickets since they are not shown on the exclusions. If I get mine to work I will report back.

What's the most you can do online? I need to put $1000 on a gift card. $100 off would be sweet

Did you press submit?Maybe it is the code?, I just went through the process just shy of pressing submit, and my cart shows 85.00 off the tickets I would be purchasing.

Did you press submit?Maybe it is the code?, I just went through the process just shy of pressing submit, and my cart shows 85.00 off the tickets I would be purchasing.

I bought physical gift cards instead of tickets. In my cart, they showed up as if there would be an extra discount on them, but then right before I actually paid, the discount disappeared.

Oh, that's weird. Maybe they changed it since last night? I got an emailed receipt showing the full discount and it was there throughout the checkout process.

StarlitNight and Amyg, I got a physical coupon in the mail but I also received one in my email. Maybe do an email search for target and see if you might have gotten one you didn't see?

ETA: the coupon can only be used once

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter