Disney Genie coming to Walt Disney World planning

rteetz

Rumors and News Moderator
Last edited:

SaintsManiac

Adventure is out there.
It will be VERY interesting to see how this plays out. I'm glad I have plenty of time to watch.

• dizneefan13

Earning My Fins
    How much of all the Epcot changes/upgrades do we have timelines for? I know most are very general, but is all this info in one place somewhere? If it is, I can't find it.
    The Genie thing looks great, I will be checking it out when it arrives.

rteetz

Rumors and News Moderator
    How much of all the Epcot changes/upgrades do we have timelines for? I know most are very general, but is all this info in one place somewhere? If it is, I can't find it.
    The Genie thing looks great, I will be checking it out when it arrives.
    Visit other threads for that info.

• Waldorf_Statler

Earning My Ears
    It sounds nice. Based on the IT issues I've seen in the past year around data warehouses, mobile applications, and BCDR, I suspect it will be very short time until we see threads complaining that it doesn't work.
    I agree, when it comes to Disney and IT they don't mix well with working properly. Not looking forward to another app with sporadic issues, wish they would put some of their talents to getting their IT in order.

toonaspie

Just a poser
    I feel like this is less about trip planning based on an individual family’s needs and wants, and more about Disney trying to spread out and control crowds. Could be wrong.
    Yup. I think it's gonna be about that too, now that I think about it (especially since it looks like they want to push for themed experiences).

This also reminds me of that brief time Magic Kingdom was offering day tickets with included FPs based around a specific theme.

• Tink1987

DIS Veteran
    Interested to see how this works. I think I will battle with it personally as I like to have complete control. Also interested on how it would work on the day for people with ADR’s as Chapek pointed out. Most are always fully booked at 180.

SeHablaRob

Earning My Ears
    I think if this app has real time availability for dining based on your location, that would really be impressive. Unless that already exists??

Babsy

DIS Veteran
    As long as it doesn't automatically mess with my plans........can already see a carefully planned itinerary being scotched by the Disney Genie to give us something we don't want. Then stuck scrambling to get back what we lost.

All as a 'magical enhancement' to our trip, of course!

The idea of this with Disney IT - scares me!

Doberge

Mouseketeer
    I feel like this is less about trip planning based on an individual family’s needs and wants, and more about Disney trying to spread out and control crowds. Could be wrong.
    It's one and the same. The idea is to control and spread crowds out by pushing them to areas with shorter waits that meet specific goals, using data of current crowds and anticipated future crowds to make the schedule. Genie sounds *exactly* like Touring Plans, but Genie sounds like it has more robust preplanned options compared to Touring Plans, which outside of a few preplanned trips is largely dependent on heavy user involvement to say what the user wants to do.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates