Disney Genie+ and ILL$ Details & FAQ - Launches 10/19 at WDW, Paid "FastPass" at WDW and Disneyland (date TBD)

ADR booking at 60-days plus your entire trip stay for on-site guests,

Important for IA$ - on-site you get to book IA$ at 7am, while off-site you have to wait until you get to the park.

That and the extra 30 minutes or extra 2-hours for Deluxe guests after hours are really the only benefits I think?

I think a lot of people will be making trade-off choices on Genie+ and IA$ to fit things into their budget. I know I am planning to modify how I eat in Disney, I'll be renting a car since there is no DME anymore - so maybe start going offsite for food, nothing wrong with eating Chik-Fil-A for dinner :)

What time can we book first genie+ LL? Is it also 7am for on site and off site guests?

that is a lot to do at 7am, boarding groups, purchase ILL and select first LL
Hand the kiddies a smart device and teach them how to refresh, refresh, refresh until they grab a boarding group. Meanwhile, one parent is busy buying the first IA$ and the other parent busies themselves with securing the perfect time slot for a G+ attraction.

AHHH! Family togetherness at 7AM, brought to you by the folks at WDW!

Hand the kiddies a smart device and teach them how to refresh, refresh, refresh until they grab a boarding group. Meanwhile, one parent is busy buying the first IA$ and the other parent busies themselves with securing the perfect time slot for a G+ attraction.

AHHH! Family togetherness at 7AM, brought to you by the folks at WDW!
Awesome idea! Now I just have to convince 1 teenager to get up!😂

I think the daily 7am wake up call may be one of the worst things about Genie+! And for me, it’s not that easy to just go back to sleep after….all that activity and suspense is hard to quickly calm down after.
This. Exactly. I cannot imagine -- knowing how much this vacation costs and how long lines can be -- having to worry every night whether we will get decent ILL times and next available rides on Genie+. And then having to relax enough to fall asleep. To only wake up, have to make these reservations, all while trying to wrangle three kids and a husband to get ready in the morning. It sounds incredibly stressful. And developed by someone who has never taken a once in a lifetime or even once per year trip while spending what is likely 100% of their vacation budget for the year.

my gosh i just read the last 3 pages while eating lunch and my stomach hurts now. this is a lot. . . like waaaay more to do then before. i'm so glad I cx'ed my 3 trips for this year and next. i'll sit back at home and learn from everyone else. it just seems like a lot. maybe it isn't cause i have not really kept up with it daily as lot of you all have.

my gosh i just read the last 3 pages while eating lunch and my stomach hurts now. this is a lot. . . like waaaay more to do then before. i'm so glad I cx'ed my 3 trips for this year and next. i'll sit back at home and learn from everyone else. it just seems like a lot. maybe it isn't cause i have not really kept up with it daily as lot of you all have.
We feel the same way and as a fam come to the conclusion to stick to less busy times of the year to go. Normal we are a first or second week of Aug group but not thinking mid Sept will be out best best. I''m going with the thought not to purchase any options and let it fly. I see this as a benefit to busy times but see little value on off peak times. Still annoys me this is purely a money grab and sometime in the future this bites them in the rear.

It's not really that complicated. If any of you did the refresh method for FP+, Genie+ is that. The big difference is now you don't book 60 days out, you book starting at 7am.

It's not really that complicated. If any of you did the refresh method for FP+, Genie+ is that. The big difference is now you don't book 60 days out, you book starting at 7am.
But it is more complicated: what if the ride you want has a time slot a couple hours away in the morning (because it is very poplular); would you be better off ripping off 2-3 other 'lesser rides' with LL right away, then maybe that first choice only has a return time say 45 minutes away afterwards?

If you choose that first ride 2 hours out, you are not using the LL for at least the next 2 hours.

Sure, it's easy to "go with the flow", but to truly maximize your time will be complicated. Lots of on the fly decisions.

I think the daily 7am wake up call may be one of the worst things about Genie+! And for me, it’s not that easy to just go back to sleep after….all that activity and suspense is hard to quickly calm down after.

Being your from CA, you (and more members of your party for the most success) get to start reserving at 4 AM EVERY DAY of your "Vacation".

Instead of that pesky one time (by one person) 60 days out before your vacation.

I think G+ makes TP even more useful. They will get the data and give estimates on how quickly for each ride the G+ reservations are handed out. They did something like that for MaxPass. Since you can only get one for each ride, this data will be even more critical.

This is what makes it more complicated for me. I understand how it works, i just dont have the time at 7 am. We tow a camper to the fort. For us, 7 am is cooking breakfast, and showering, and stowing stuff depending on the weather. This means, getting up at 6 am in order to reach the park at 9 ish. You usally need an hour to reach the front gates depending on where you coming from. Rushing around in the morning to concentrate on picking rides we want and establishing where we will be was not on my to do list. I know i dont have to buy it, but then I would be wasting time in line. And with what we spend on disney, it would be foolish to waste time on line. Its almost like you have to buy it, and they know it. Thats why they priced it cheaper. If it was 50 or 100 extra a day, then only a few would buy it. At 15 , everyone will. Like you said, not made with families in mind. And i really wanted to not have to wake up at 6 am on vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter