Disney Genie+ and ILL$ Details & FAQ - Launches 10/19 at WDW, Paid "FastPass" at WDW and Disneyland (date TBD)

I'm going to be scouring these boards for info on how RD will pan out once G, G+, and IAS are in effect.

It seems that advance strategizing has become an essential part of any WDW trip!

I'm going to be scouring these boards for info on how RD will pan out once G, G+, and IAS are in effect.

It seems that advance strategizing has become an essential part of any WDW trip!
Hopefully with G+ the advanced strategizing is a thing of the past. Having a more spontaneous day is going to be great.

Just imagine you open Genie+ and the first thing available is Buzz. After checking into Buzz you open the app and the earliest thing available is Haunted Mansion.

Hopefully with G+ the advanced strategizing is a thing of the past. Having a more spontaneous day is going to be great.

Just imagine you open Genie+ and the first thing available is Buzz. After checking into Buzz you open the app and the earliest thing available is Haunted Mansion.
That would be so awesome. I hope you're right!

Remi will be either VQ or IA$. No standby at all. Do you think that not having a standby queue will exempt Remi from DAS? How was DAS treated when ROTR was VQ only?

No, the lack of standby queue won't exempt Remy from DAS per se. It will mean you can't get a return time like other DAS rides, same as with ROTR. When ROTR was VQ only, you had to still log on and get a BG at 7 am like everyone else, but when your BG was called you would tell the CM you had DAS and they would send you in the (then-called) FP line. That meant that instead of waiting in the regular line with everyone else who had your same BG number, you would bypass most of the queue. When the ride first started, DAS needed to wait additional time comparable to the line at the time - in other words, if your BG was called at 11 and the line at the time was 45 minutes, then they would tell DAS-holders to come back at 11:35 and go through the empty someday-to-be-FP line. By the time I went in November 2020, they had done away with that extra wait so if my BG got called at 11, I got into the empty-someday-to-be-FP line at 11 (or whenever I went back there). I assume Remy will be the same way. Still have to get a BG, but can skip the queue once it's called.

Has there been any news on how rider swap will work with the paid lightning lane? If you have an older child and a younger one who can't ride, will the older get to ride twice with the second parent?

We won’t know for sure until it launches, but my guess is you would buy the ILL$ for the party members that can ride, you would tell the CM when you arrive that you need to do rider swap and they would give you a LL pass to return for the rider swap. Rider swap does allow for one additional person (and only one now) to ride the 2nd time, so the older child should be able to ride still.

The other option, which would not allow your older child to ride a 2nd time would be 2 people ride first, when they come back the other adult rides.

Last edited:
One application I hadn’t thought of is families where an older
We won’t know for sure until it launches, but my guess is you would but the ILL$ for the party members that can ride, you would tell the CM when you arrive that you need to do rider swap and they would give you a LL pass to return for the rider swap. Rider swap does allow for one additional person (and only one now) to ride the 2nd time, so the older child should be able to ride still.

The other option, which would not allow your older child to ride a 2nd time would be 2 people ride first, when they come back the other adult rides.

Presumably if the older child used the younger child’s wristband then he could do a second time for the additional cost. Must really love that ride though!

I am surprised that MMRR is on the individual selection instead of SDD. Anyone else "guessing" what the prices will be? Do you think MMRR will be aligned with 7DMT at about $10? FOP aligned with ROTR at 15? FEA $9?

I am surprised that MMRR is on the individual selection instead of SDD. Anyone else "guessing" what the prices will be? Do you think MMRR will be aligned with 7DMT at about $10? FOP aligned with ROTR at 15? FEA $9?
I think the price ranking will be:
RotR
Flight of Passage
7DMT
MMRR
Remy's
Frozen Ever After
Expedition Everest
Space Mountain

I think the first three are pretty solid, the following three are interchangeable, and the last two could go in either order. But generally speaking, I believe this is how it's gonna go price-wise.

Rotr you needed a virtual pass to ride even with DAS, the only difference is if the line was long they would let you use the Lightning Lane queue and bypass the line. I assume the same to be true for Ratatouille.

Right. Any line with a virtual queue will operate that way for DAS, unless they change the current rules of course. I'm more curious about how DAS with operate with non-virtual queue IA$ lines. I assume they'll operate as they did in the past as long as they have a standby line(which therein-by provides a return time for the DAS users). What I can guarantee is there will be a DAS option for all rides no matter what. Disney would get in trouble if not.

I think the price ranking will be:
RotR
Flight of Passage
7DMT
MMRR
Remy's
Frozen Ever After
Expedition Everest
Space Mountain

I think the first three are pretty solid, the following three are interchangeable, and the last two could go in either order. But generally speaking, I believe this is how it's gonna go price-wise.

I completely agree with this ranking.

Blog Mickey is reporting that during a webinar with Travel Agents today Disney stated that Genie+ will never sell out, that sales of Genie+ are not restricted at all.

https://blogmickey.com/2021/10/disney-will-not-restrict-genie-sales-will-never-sell-out/
Brooke Geiger McDonald a journalist also tweeted the same and re-confirmed during this webinar that Genie+ will only allow 1 ride via Lightning Lane per attraction per day.

tell me again how disney values guests experience again?

to disney, when you book a vacation, we're an atm to them, they're going to attempt to withdraw as much cash from us as often as they can. I hope this is a nightmare for them.

Has anyone else had an app update, or will we need to wake up at 7am and try to get the update then? That should be fun.
No android update as of this morning. My guess is that the change will get pushed out after the last park closes on the night of 10/18.

Its possible for them to update the app early and slow roll it to everyone and then activate the changes on 10/19/21.

Whether they choose to do it that way or force everyone to download an app update at midnight on 10/19/21, who knows though - it is Disney IT after all :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter