Disney Genie+ and ILL$ Details & FAQ - Launches 10/19 at WDW, Paid "FastPass" at WDW and Disneyland (date TBD)

I was hoping it would be a lot more expensive than $15 a day. It is at that price range where I won't pay for it, but many people will. And that will make it much more challenging to navigate the parks for those of us who only have stand-by lines as an option.

Really disppointed!
Agree. Was hoping it would be more out of reach so standby would move quickly. Now it’s even more $&@‘d up :(

It leaves me wondering what's next to be added to pay for? Should we expect a hike in everything else again.
Don't think the price is that bad, but how does it compare to Universal Express?

It leaves me wondering what's next to be added to pay for? Should we expect a hike in everything else again.
Don't think the price is that bad, but how does it compare to Universal Express?
Express is very dependent on demand. I’ve seen it go for 300 dollars on bust days, and I think with that version of express versus the one you get at their deluxe resorts, it’s only one time per ride versus unlimited with the resort included one

Express is very dependent on demand. I’ve seen it go for 300 dollars on bust days, and I think with that version of express versus the one you get at their deluxe resorts, it’s only one time per ride versus unlimited with the resort included one
You can purchase one time or unlimited. Unlimited park to park for two different weekends I was looking at this past June and July were over $350/day per person.

ETA: The minimums for one time is $69 and unlimited is $89, but I don't know that I've ever seen them that low. It's usually closer to $150-200 at least.

and that doesn't even get you all the rides or the ones with the longest line...ridiculous.

So far, the only WDW rides I’m seeing as confirmed as not being included in Genie+ are Remy, RotR, and seven dwarfs. Even a ride like Smugger’s run is included. the other thing I think people need to keep in mind is how much these optimized itineraries could reduce your wait time on their own by showing you when the best time is to ride something.

What I don't get is the free Genie tier. Do you simply pop in your preferences and it recommends when you should go to them? Kind of a traffic shaping thing?

Here's hoping the G+ (R.I.P. Google+) paid tier isn't totally brutal on passholders.

I liked Maxpass the one time I went to Anaheim. I love using the Touring Plans Lines app to spontaneously move through the parks with a minimal plan. Maybe this won't be too bad?
I think the optimized itineraries are huge. Those should reduce wait times on their own. Anyone who has used Touring Plans knows that.
This is what I’m hopeful for. Genie could potentially guide people to different attractions to effectively spread out crowds. I’m curious how this will end up working.

and that doesn't even get you all the rides or the ones with the longest line...ridiculous.

I know, but in the fastpass days, you would probably only have 1 or 2 fastpasses for the headliners. It's not as bad as Paris but could have been like Universal.

I know, but in the fastpass days, you would probably only have 1 or 2 fastpasses for the headliners. It's not as bad as Paris but could have been like Universal.

I mean, if it had been like Universal, I would’ve been pretty upset. It’s hugely expensive there. Universal is charging $90/person per day for unlimited express pass. Compare that to WDW, where you pay $15/person per day for access to nearly all the rides.

I think the optimized itineraries are huge. Those should reduce wait times on their own. Anyone who has used Touring Plans knows that.

Will it though? Touring Plans helped because not everyone was using it - if Genie is telling everyone the best time to ride Space Mountain is at 3pm - won't the line be really long at 3pm when everyone rushes there? I'm sure there is some logic to tell different people different things - but I'm just not sure how it works when a ton of people are being given similar advice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter