Disney GC - Sam's club advice

Shellyred8

I'd rather be at Disney
We ran into this issue once, so thought I would post about it in hope that others can avoid the hassle we had to go through.

When purchasing gift cards at Sam's Club, and you are purchasing multiple packs, make sure the employee rings up each pack separately. Make sure they don't try to scan the one pack multiple times.

We had this happen to us last year. When we got to WDW, on pack of the cards didn't work. Upon further investigation, we figured out this is what happened. After many conversations with the Disney Gift Card folks and the Sam's Club guest services we were able to get things worked out. But it took a bit of work to get it all resolved.

I can't imagine how stressful that could have been. Glad it got straightened out. Thanks for passing along the info!

Thanks for heads up! I usually purchase GC from Sam's Online and have not had any problems.

We ran into this issue once, so thought I would post about it in hope that others can avoid the hassle we had to go through.

When purchasing gift cards at Sam's Club, and you are purchasing multiple packs, make sure the employee rings up each pack separately. Make sure they don't try to scan the one pack multiple times.

We had this happen to us last year. When we got to WDW, on pack of the cards didn't work. Upon further investigation, we figured out this is what happened. After many conversations with the Disney Gift Card folks and the Sam's Club guest services we were able to get things worked out. But it took a bit of work to get it all resolved.

To avoid problems in the future, you can either check the balance to make sure each card is activated or even combine balances on cards at disneygiftcard.com

I prefer to combine balances so that I have fewer cards to drag around with me on a trip.

When the heck are they going to have the 500 gift card? Anyone know? I have been
checking for 2 MONTHS lol

My Sam's raised their price for the 3 pack to $144.98. Anyone else seeing this or is it just my store? Online still shows $142.98.

My Sam's raised their price for the 3 pack to $144.98. Anyone else seeing this or is it just my store? Online still shows $142.98.

Our Sam's went up to $143.98 for the 3 pack. Online is still $142.98, but they now charge $.99 shipping, whereas they used to ship for free.

When the heck are they going to have the 500 gift card? Anyone know? I have been
checking for 2 MONTHS lol
I've been checking as well. Heck, I even called them and was told "we don't know". Some of the clubs have them and some don't. None of the ones in my area carry them but, they do where my daughter lives. Btw, the $500 gift cards also went up in price in the club. Apparently they went up $5.

I got the $500 gift card from Sam's Club last year and went to buy again this year and it was not available. It made me do some research and I found out that BJ's online has Disney gift cards for cheaper than Sam's Club. Plus you do not have to be a member! So I bought them there. Plus wholesale clubs get 5% back when using Discover Card so I am really getting a deal on my upcoming $4,000 vacation! $200 off from the gift cards and $190 back in rewards from Discover! Love it!

I got the $500 gift card from Sam's Club last year and went to buy again this year and it was not available. It made me do some research and I found out that BJ's online has Disney gift cards for cheaper than Sam's Club. Plus you do not have to be a member! So I bought them there. Plus wholesale clubs get 5% back when using Discover Card so I am really getting a deal on my upcoming $4,000 vacation! $200 off from the gift cards and $190 back in rewards from Discover! Love it!

Bj's for sure codes as warehouse club on Discover?

Bj's for sure codes as warehouse club on Discover?

Yes, I tested it out with one $100 gift card order. My statement closed yesterday and I received the 5% cashback. I was a little worried because the category shows as "Merchandise" while my Costco order was categorized as "Warehouse Clubs." But it worked fine, so I may order a few more. Not sure how much of my vacation budget I want to commit to what works out to a 9.8% discount. It's nice, but I've been able to do better than that in the past, although it seems like there are fewer opportunities to save more than that recently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter