Disney for DD’s 16th with her 6 GFs: Are you Stupid Nuts? (Updated: The End)

Tinks "SS";34930991 said:
Yeah! I can't wait to hear about the trip!! They are gonna have so much fun and so will you! I really wish my dad had been as cool as you are. Hopefully she realizes it, if not she will when she gets a little older.

Yes take lots of pics! especially ones that can be used as blackmail for a later date. ;)

Tinks, sorry I did not respond to your post, I read it when you posted and just missed it when it was time to respond. I am determined to have fun and they will also or they will have to walk home. At times, DD does not really think I am that cool but I think this is one of those memory trips. There will be plenty of pics and have recruited an accomplice within the group. Thinking of slipping her a few bucks to take the blackmail pictures when I am not with them.

We're at AKV/Jambo now...got here yesterday...just in from "defeat" at my attempt to hike around AKL/AKV for exercise...just too cold for my taste/energy level! Last night the weather folks were saying it was going down to 25 last night...the weather on right now says it's 30...I'm feeling "wimpy"...maybe I'll bundle up (have all my northern clime stuff w/me) and try again...

How did the long weekend wind up? Was a totally grand time had by all?

I've got two "young 20s" w/me now and their exuberance--while a tad moderated over the levels during teenage years--is contagious...we had fun yesterday, despite a challenging travel day (the gridlock on WDW roads was a sight to behold...we arrived in the middle of the marathon being run and there was either a sea of people or bumper-to-bumper cars everywhere we looked)...

Can't wait to read about the girls' adventures (including make-up)...

that's so true...i love watching how excited teens get at wdw! they can be very entertaining, tho never, ever look directly at them ;)

That reminds me of the cruise line commercial where they have a shot of a teen and they show her smiling and then it is gone. Teens are entertaining and you are right, do not look directly at them. One of my best stories is the makeup going to a water park. WHAT? I laughed forever after they went on the first slide and the hair and makeup was a mess. Their comeback was the makeup is waterproof. Yea, right.

I've got two "young 20s" w/me now and their exuberance--while a tad moderated over the levels during teenage years--is contagious...we had fun yesterday, despite a challenging travel day (the gridlock on WDW roads was a sight to behold...we arrived in the middle of the marathon being run and there was either a sea of people or bumper-to-bumper cars everywhere we looked)...

Can't wait to read about the girls' adventures (including make-up)...

Almost glad that I had the hamstring pull and missed the half marathon. It was miserable down here in Miami that day, cold and raining. Can only imagine how it was out on the course. Glad you are having a great trip and am looking forward to hearing more. Have a great time.

Yeah! Another laughfest is here.

But I will say you're seeming a tad more relaxed. Have you been meditating? :lmao:

Or could it be this :laughing: :surfweb::…Valium.

Welcome back. You have it right, I have been medicating. Oh, I mean meditating. Yea, that’s right meditating.

PS. She scored a great goal yesterday in their last soccer game.

OP--I hope you have a great trip with your daughter and her friends. This will definately be a birthday trip they all remember.

p.s. That totally sounds like something my dad would have done for me. Girls will always love their dad's for doing special things like that for them.

cj9200 I cannot WAIT for this TR!! I think stupid-nuts is an understatement! You are a very brave soul! May the force be with you! (and the valium and martinis be plentiful!)

Welcome back. You have it right, I have been medicating. Oh, I mean meditating. Yea, that’s right meditating.

Oh man. :lmao:

Although I am giving up hope on the meditating. I actually read the pre trip to get all ready. Ohm and duct tape aren't actually first cousins.

And speaking of crazy and hilarious behaviour -

http://i235.*************************************DVCMike_2010_01_13_133048.jpg

This pic - on DVC Mike's TR (which I just lifted - sorry Mike :rolleyes1)- nearly sent me into hysterics. Does she actually read your TRs? Is she sure on the tea? :rotfl: She's obviously a risk taker.

Are you talking about this picture and comment from our summer trip?

Maybe I can lock them in the birdcage
IMG_5108.jpg

She knows this time there will be others ahead of the line to be locked in the birdcage. Have to get pics of them at various spots at the Grand Floridian including here. Some of the kids are freaking out about the tea. DD got a frantic call last night from one of them for fashion advice. “I have a skirt is that OK.” I got on the phone and told her to relax. She responded, “I am Hispanic, I don’t know anything about tea.” Too funny. The other big debate is can I wear jeans? God help me.

You are right, meditating is not my thing. I went to a staff conference a couple of years ago and one of the mandatory seminars was a Stress relief meditation session. While the facilitator was talking about visualizing our work on the desk catching fire (Work catching fire? That is supposed to relax me?), my left leg was bouncing up and down thinking when is this torture going to be over? We were told to keep our eyes closed but I kept glancing around at other people with similar personalities and the expressions were the same. When is nonsense ending so we can get some real work done. So on this trip, medication is a definite, meditation not so much.

I was telling my daughter Sarah about the "nuclear option" (leash of shame) and her reply (Sarah age 12) was "When do I get to take my friends?" . That will teach me to share conversations from disbroads friends. :faint: Thanks to you cj9200 I think I have agreed to sponsor a gaggle of teenagers at WDW in three or four years. If that be the case I will definitely be bringing both the leash of shame (thanks DMKEDM for the idea) and the duct tape.

Please cut me a little slack as I've been sick :sick: and the fevers and headaches are affecting my thought process and vision. But have you already gone to WDW for your DD's sweet sixteen? Or is it still coming up?

And if you have gone when do we actually get the trip report? My days are just dragging here thanks to this bug I've picked up. Sure could use one of your entertaining trip reports to make my day go quicker.

I'll try not to whine anymore. :confused: But each day I have checked the DIS for your trip report, and now I'm not even sure when the trip starts. :confused:

I was telling my daughter Sarah about the "nuclear option" (leash of shame) and her reply (Sarah age 12) was "When do I get to take my friends?" . That will teach me to share conversations from disbroads friends. :faint: Thanks to you cj9200 I think I have agreed to sponsor a gaggle of teenagers at WDW in three or four years. If that be the case I will definitely be bringing both the leash of shame (thanks DMKEDM for the idea) and the duct tape.

Do not blame me, it was not my fault. Tell Sarah that I think it would be an excellent idea for mom to take her and 20 or so friends to WDW. Think of the memories. Do it this year, why wait? As an aside, one mom just dropped of her daughter’s bag and asked how many are going. DD answered 7 plus dad. Her response was, “Oh my.”

Please cut me a little slack as I've been sick :sick: and the fevers and headaches are affecting my thought process and vision. But have you already gone to WDW for your DD's sweet sixteen? Or is it still coming up?

And if you have gone when do we actually get the trip report? My days are just dragging here thanks to this bug I've picked up. Sure could use one of your entertaining trip reports to make my day go quicker.

I'll try not to whine anymore. :confused: But each day I have checked the DIS for your trip report, and now I'm not even sure when the trip starts. :confused:

Feel better. We leave tomorrow from school at 3:00. I may need to bring the computer for work so there may be a post or two about the trip while we are there. It may happen but don’t count on it. Right now I am doing laundry and will pack later tonight. We may go see the frog at 10:00. One of the monsters is spending the night and the two of them are already driving me nuts.

Check the national news this weekend to see if I lose it. “Deranged dad takes Mickey hostage in an attempt to go to jail instead of being stuck with his daughter and her friends.” News at 11:00.

She knows this time there will be others ahead of the line to be locked in the birdcage. .

How incredibly lovely. :lmao::rotfl:

While the facilitator was talking about visualizing our work on the desk catching fire (Work catching fire? That is supposed to relax me?)

Of course it was - what's wrong with you?

Caught the goal. Midfield or Forward? I used to think that soccer was the absolute biggest yawn. I know. But then I saw some rep teams live. A whole new world.

We are all waiting for the fun to begin. popcorn:: At your expense, of course.

So please have fun. :laughing:

Check the national news this weekend to see if I lose it. “Deranged dad takes Mickey hostage in an attempt to go to jail instead of being stuck with his daughter and her friends.” News at 11:00.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

I have been reading along and enjoying the pretrip info so much I dont think I can stand it until y ou get back!! However the anticipation of the outcome may hold me over.

Enjoy!! Good Luck!! and remember you are in a MAGIC place!!!

It offically starts in about 30 minutes. Still some last minute things to pack, drop off the dog and pick up the van. Picking up the bags went well. Everyone was ready and waiting. See you next week.

Feel better. We leave tomorrow from school at 3:00. I may need to bring the computer for work so there may be a post or two about the trip while we are there. It may happen but don’t count on it. Right now I am doing laundry and will pack later tonight. We may go see the frog at 10:00. One of the monsters is spending the night and the two of them are already driving me nuts.

:rotfl:

. . . . . . .

It offically starts in about 30 minutes. Still some last minute things to pack, drop off the dog and pick up the van. Picking up the bags went well. Everyone was ready and waiting. See you next week.

WooHoo! Have a great trip and remember to take sanity breaks for yourself, like the one you plan to go the Poly bar while the girls go to GF for tea. Thanks for the kinds words, feel better already. :thumbsup2 Post when and if you can. I would imagine you will have too much to do to post for us.

cj9200: I so enjoy your sense of humor. Love the fashion advice session and the line about being Hispanic and knowing nothing about tea. This will be a memorable weekend for sure.

Thought I would drop a note to report I am still alive and well. Most of the kids are also. The drive up was a horror but things have gone better since then. It is currently raining but is supposed to stop early tomorrow am. The leash of shame has been threatened but not invoked yet.

You :crazy2::drive::drinking1 . Us :bored::surfweb:popcorn:: .

Love it! :goodvibes

Thought I would drop a note to report I am still alive and well. Most of the kids are also. The drive up was a horror but things have gone better since then. It is currently raining but is suppose to stop early tomorrow am. The leash of shame has been threatened but not invoked yet.

:scared1: and :lmao: on the bold. I think the tea was today, wasn't it? ;):rotfl:

The drive up was a horror but things have gone better since then.

So many places to go with this. Could be weather. Could be traffic. Could be incessant squawking. Could be radio and singing a blarin'. Could be tea talk en espanol. Could have forgotten the meds. So many places. :lmao: popcorn::

Have fun! And can't wait to see the GV. They must be loving that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter