Disney Food Pictures...Part IV!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are some meals we enjoyed at Riverside Mill last month. I love the create-your-own salad station!

I also added a drink from the River Roost.

Riverside Mill 8/09

WDW2009079.jpg

WDW2009046.jpg

WDW2009149.jpg

River Roost

Pina Colava:

WDW2009152.jpg

ooo a new thread! Exciting!

Here is the Fried Chicken from 50s PT, kids chicken nuggets in the back hiding behind the drink

IMG_2930.jpg

Pizzafari

Hot Italian Style Sandwich - Served with chips. Turkey, ham, swiss and provolone cheese topped with caesar salad and pesto marinated tomatoes.
and apple pie, chocolate cake in the background

P9060004.jpg

Pop Century foodcourt

Meatball sub w/salad, chocolate chip cookie, pepperoni pizza
P9110305.jpg

Wolfgang Puck Express

Rotisserie BBQ Beef Melt - Rotisserie BBQ Beef Melt - $10.95

P9120368.jpg

Pepperoni & Mushroom Pizza - Mozzarella and parmesan cheese, and Tomato-basil-garlic sauce

P9060006.jpg

Cookie from Goofys Candy Co.

P9100292.jpg

I have more...

Egg Rolls from Yak n Yeti counter service

P9100256.jpg

Shrimp Lo Mein

P9100257.jpg

Mango pie

P9100258.jpg

Tutto Italia Ristorante

olives, pickles, mushrooms.. they brought out this out right away before dinner

P9090206.jpg

mo explaination.. mmmm beer
P9090207.jpg

Calamari so good!
P9090208.jpg

kids got an appitizer with their meal..fried mozzarella

P9090209.jpg

Bucattini Pasta - Made with Italian Prosciutto ham, peas, and parmesan cream

P9090211.jpg

Mom my oredered this, but Im not sure what it was. it was very good. I wish I ordered it.

P9090212.jpg

kids
Farfalle alla Panna - cream and parmesan
P9090213.jpg

kids pizza and riley eating a breadstick. they had all kinds of bread but i didnt take a pic of it.. :-(

P9090216.jpg

Cannoli - crisp pastry filled with sweet ricotta, chocolate and candied orange
P9090217.jpg

Mocha Tiramisu - mascarpone cheese, espresso coffee, savoiardi biscuits and chocolate
P9090220.jpg

Gianduja - Chocolate Torta - chocolate and hazelnut torte with whipped cream and raspberry sauce
P9090219.jpg

kids dessert Spuma di Cioccolato - Chocolate Mousse

P9090218.jpg

ok i have more ...

Cali Grille.. all i can say is YUM! I wish I would have taken more pics.

:/

Flatbread - Triple Cheese - Pecorino, Asiago, and Provolone with Sun-dried Tomato and Arugula Pesto
P9070081.jpg

Spicy Kazan Roll - crab, shrimp, bay scallops, tuna and fireball sauce

goldfish crackers for the kids.

sorry the pics arent that closeup

Valrhona Chocolate Cake - Warm chocolate cake with molten center. the vanilla ice cream was amazing.. it was like carmel/salt/vanilla flavor housmade of course. yummmmmyyy

P9070099.jpg

kids Crisped Rice Sushi Plate dessert

P9070098.jpg

Ohana

Potstickers so good!

P9080172.jpg

Pina Colada the best!

P9080173.jpg

Hoop Dee Doo Review

Fried Chicken and Smoked Barbecued Pork Ribs
It was really good~ I wish I would have taken more pics. I had too much beer, i lost my mind..lol you drink it out of a mason jar. LOve it!! :P

P9100289.jpg

WHERE: Animal Kingdom
WHAT: Yak and Yeti
WHEN: Sept 2009

Review...
This is by far at the top of my list!!! Very rarely do I ever do any restaurant twice at Disney. Our goal was every restaurant in all the parks, and we were EXTREMELY close. But i LOOOOOOOOOVE this place!!! It's also one of the few places I can get one of my all time favorite foods on God's Green Earth.... PHO!!!
The ambiance is great. Lots of statues, great decor, interesting tables, some more interesting than others.
I was AMAZED at how fast this place fills up!!! We were early for our ressies, and we were (drumroll please................) the FIRST family seated on our day. As we walked in the restaurant was completely empty, so I got a few pictures:

P9010104.jpg

P9010105.jpg

P9010107.jpg

P9010108.jpg

As you see the place was empty. Within a few minutes couples and families started being seated, and within 15 minutes the place was wall to wall PACKED!!!:scared1::scared1::scared1:
They are VERY efficient with seating!!! I got a real sense of the business side of the restaurant while watching the whole thing come together to a busy restaurant in such a short time span.

We ordered the drinks which were (for the wife and children) Sprite mixed with Fruit Punch, and for myself Mango Tea. The tea was drinkable. I have discovered that I'm not a tea fan at WDW. My opinion of tea at every place we ordered it during the trip was that it was just too weak. We drink a lot of Celestial Seasonings teas at home. It tasted just like what we make at home, only much more watered down. I asked to get a sprite/fruit punch instead after half a glass. Much better.
Once again I have to complain that Disney DDP SUCKS for juices selection!!!
Dozens of mixed alcoholic drinks on the menu (available off DDP), but not one single plain ole juice listed. None available for DDP. Disappointing. Very Disappointing. This was an almost $200 meal and I couldn't get something as simple as a freakin juice???:happytv:
Sprite & Fruit Punch mixed (no juices available. bummer.)

P9010109.jpg

For my entree I ordered what i ordered last time (something I NEVER EVER do!!!) But try to understand that in my town you just can't buy Pho. I have to drive to Greensboro to find Pho, and I avoid Greensboro. So since I can get steak or shrimp ANYWHERE... Pho is an ONLY HERE option for me. So Pho it is...
Pho - Lemon grass scented broth, poached shrimp, rice noodles, tranditional Vietnamese garnishes $17.99

First the BEFORE MIXED pic...

P9020118.jpg

After Mixed!!!:hyper::hyper:

P9020119.jpg

OK, disclaimer here... as a BIG fan of the TV show Man vs Food... this time FOOD WON!!! I was hungry when I arrived, but that bowl is MONSTROUS!!! It was by far the largest portion I was served alone all week. There is just no way a person could eat the whole bowl. If it were available locally (at these portion sizes), I'd order one order of Pho, and we'd split it 4 ways and maybe order an eggroll each on the side and we'd all 4 leave fat and happy.:rotfl2:

This is the picture after I had eaten all I could possibly eat. The bowl wasn't even half empty!!!:scared1::scared1::scared1:

P9020121.jpg

NOTE TO CHILEHEADS: They bring you like 3 Jalapeno slices with your Pho. trust me, It's enough. it's already spicy. I added in all the Jalapenos PLUS an extra order which were to my dismay just cheap nacho slices, not the fresh ones as came with it. Fresh beats pickled any day. I also added in some special sauce (LOL I have the same sauce in my Frige! Its a popular chile sauce...) and I added a little of it in there too. It was actually too hot and I later picked the Jalapenos all out. Too late, damage done. But still very good.

My wife ordered the:
Shaoxing Steak and Shrimp - skirt steak, tempura-battered shrimp, jasmine rice, stir-fried vegetables, chili plum dipping sauce $24.99

I'm sure it's pictured here a dozen times already (or will be...) but here's mine as well:

P9020114.jpg

P9020115.jpg

This was my wife's second time ordering this... once again, it was that good.:thumbsup2
I tasted it as well, and Yep... that good.

My son ordered this:
Seared Miso Salmon - miso glazed Atlantic salmon, jasmine rice, baby bok choy and shiitake mushroom stir-fry $22.99

P9020116.jpg

P9020117.jpg

I tasted his salmon and side as well, and it was REALLY GOOD!!! I really don't think you CAN order anything here that isn't delicious!

For dessert:
Fried Wontons - Skewers of fresh pineapple and cream cheese wontons, vanilla ice cream, honey vanilla drizzle $7.99
Which as before were HEAVENLY!!!

P9020123.jpg

My DD ordered this:
Chicken Bites

All items served with choice of carrot sticks, applesauce cup, fruit punch gelatin or chicken fried rice.

P9020113.jpg

I tasted a piece of the chicken with some of my hot sauce. Pretty good!!! I love chicken fried this way!

My daughter also ordered this:
Desserts

Ice Cream Sundae $1.49
Which my wife added a few fresh strawberries to. She like it of course.

Somehow one of my pictures got mixed up at the Y&Y. Here is a MUCH BETTER picture of the childrens' chicken tenders from off the kids menu:

P9020112.jpg

Later in the day we stopped off at the Yak and Yeti Counter Service
Anandupur Local Food Cafes for a couple egg roles!:thumbsup2

My wife said there was too much "Mystery McMeat". I ate mine so fast, I had to ask "They had meat???":confused3 :confused3 :rotfl2:
Besides, I like a little egg roll with my soy sauce. About 4 packets per egg roll should do it...;):lmao::happytv:

P9020129.jpg

I was going to write a review but I think I'll just give my opinion with my pics here :)

cs.jpg

Flank steak CS meal from ASMovies food court. Flavor was good, steak was a little tough.

cs2.jpg

Poached salmon. It was served cold, on top was a creamy cucumber dill type sauce. I did like it and so did my kiddo if you notice the missing hunks :)

From All Star Movies foodcourt

luau.jpg

From the luau. The chicken was roasted, just like all the other roasted chicken at Disney (good!). The ribs were tough. The veggies were excellent and so was the uncle ben's rice lol

luau2.jpg

Little chocolate volcanoes. They were dark chocolate-ish with pineapple and raspberry sauce. They were pretty good.

(all in all I wouldn't go back. who wants to eat in 90 degree weather outside? heck my beer was hot in 2 minutes)

tonys.jpg

Chicken parmesan from Tony's. We really liked the atmosphere of Tonys.

Next time I'll order the fru fru eggplant dish, I saw it on another table and boy was it looked good!

Once I added extra sauce to this, I enjoyed it.

Shrrrriiimmmpp!

Ohana! They were really good, not a bit dry. I didn't like peeling them, but I was already a mess from the sticky wings.

ohana.jpg

The turkey was dry and the steak was cooked medium, I prefer very rare.

Captains Grill - this is on our list for next time, it was great.

crabcakes.jpg

Crab cake entre. If you got the app, you got one. This is one of the places that had an app, entree & dessert section for free dining. I had the clam chowder, it wasn't picture worthy but was tasty.

captaindess.jpg

The key lime cheesecake thing was mine - YUM! The poofy thing was my tablemate's I think it had cream in it.

Captain's Grill chicken breast:

chicken-1.jpg

it was on the little round bead like pasta, can't think of the name right now.

The ribeye - greasy - nice! I mean if you are going to do a ribeye, why not cook it in butter?

cgsteak.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter