Disney Fantasy September 7th, 2020 5-Night Western Caribbean Cruise

Cruising Engineer

DIS Veteran
Starting the meet page for the Fantasy Sept 7, 2020 cruise. We will be B2B off the Sept 4th 3-night Bahamas cruise. This is #10 for us and therefore walking off the Fantasy Platinum. Just the two of us, but who knows if the rest of the family will B2B with us.

Welcome aboard and let's share our plans.

Calantha

Mouseketeer
Hello,

This will be the second cruise for me and DS (he’ll be 5). DH is staying home to watch the cats (and have his ‘alone’ vacation). I’m bringing along my dad and his girlfriend for their first Disney cruise (they did go to Alaska on Princess last year though).

Trying not to get ahead of myself with planning, since it is still too soon to do most arrangements!

Cruising Engineer

DIS Veteran
Hello,

This will be the second cruise for me and DS (he’ll be 5). DH is staying home to watch the cats (and have his ‘alone’ vacation). I’m bringing along my dad and his girlfriend for their first Disney cruise (they did go to Alaska on Princess last year though). Trying not to get ahead of myself with planning, since it is still too soon to do most arrangements!
:welcome: Welcome Aboard :welcome: So glad your are you are bringing your whole (well most) of your family. My DH would love to "volunteer" and stay home with our dog, but he's coming. This will be the second leg of our B2B. Our house sitter enjoys taking care of Captain.

How about setting up a count-down DISticker (distickers.com) to help watch the days go by? It's a web site to build the count down Goofy and Donald Duck I have as part of my signature block. Check it out and if you need help, just ask!!!

• Calantha

Mouseketeer
    How about setting up a count-down DISticker (distickers.com) to help watch the days go by? It's a web site to build the count down Goofy and Donald Duck I have as part of my signature block. Check it out and if you need help, just ask!!!
    I will have to work on that tonight. If I have issues, I'll let you know!

jalfreckles6

Earning My Ears
    Hi! It's my family's first cruise. 3 kids, ages will be 6, 3, and 1. We're super excited! Will anyone be setting up a fish exchange group? My husband and I have been reading up on them, and are very interested.

• Calantha

Mouseketeer
    Hi! It's my family's first cruise. 3 kids, ages will be 6, 3, and 1. We're super excited! Will anyone be setting up a fish exchange group? My husband and I have been reading up on them, and are very interested.
    Welcome aboard! When I sailed on the Fantasy in June (8 day), we did an FE with my husband's family focused on the kids (there were 5). I just felt like it was a lot of extra stuff to bring - since I had to fill the FEs for 3 days - although it was only 5 things per day...and then I had to pack everything my son got to bring back.

I know this is a shorter cruise and my dad's GF is super crafty - so I'm honestly on the fence. It was fun - and I think more fun to actually do it with a larger group of people...but I'm not sure. If GF wants to do it, then I'll probably go along - if she's not super interested, we'll probably sit it out.

Cruising Engineer

DIS Veteran
    :welcome: Welcome Aboard :welcome:

We've never done a FE group so I can't answer that question. Hopefully as more people find this site, someone with prior experience can organize it. You and your family are going to have the best memories of fun on this cruise.

This is the second leg of a B2B for us. My nephew and his family (DW, DS 7, DS 5 and DD 4) will be sailing on the Sept 4, 3 night cruise as first timers. We're doing as PP stated and just having a family FE (which I still have to figure out).

Keep in touch and enjoy your first Disney cruise.

castawaykf

Earning My Ears
    There is an active facebook group for this cruise: Disney Fantasy September 7-12, 2020 HOTHS (Cozumel & Castaway Cay). They have started making FE groups. Come and introduce yourselves and get to know your fellow passengers!

• Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

Book your Disney Cruise through Dreams Unlimited Travel and receive a Shipboard Credit and an Exclusive Gift Basket!

CASTAWAY CAY PHOTOS

DECK PLANS

STATEROOMS

ITINERARIES