Disney Fantasy Rainforest Room: reviews

warrenz1963

Mouseketeer
Hello! I'm hoping you all will share your reviews of the Rainforest Room on the Fantasy. TIA for anything you care to share! :)

We did the rainforest room pass in March of this year for a 7 night eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy. I would not do it again. We paid around $150 per person with the tax and gratuity and we used it like 3 times because of how busy it was.

Every time I went in there it was packed with people. Couldn't get in a rain shower, tile chair, or the dipping pools out on the deck. If someone had a tile chair and room opened in the pool they would leave their things on the tile lounger and go use the pool- meaning no one else could take the tile lounger they were not using at that moment. I also found the dipping pools a little weird. They are not as warm as a hot tub, not as cold as a pool, and they fit like 2 people. I was out there alone and some lady just got in with me. It was super awkward. When i went in with my husband no one tried to get in with us but just so weird.

The saunas/steam rooms were usually the only areas with space available.

My biggest complaint is that people were not treating it like a relaxing spa environment. There was yelling, loud laughing, etc.

The only time I actually enjoyed it was while we were at port in San Juan and it was not as bad- but a sea day- forget it. My cruise was sold out and they were still selling passes at like 5 pm on the first day- it seems like they should have stopped hours earlier but $$$$$$$.

Not relaxing and not worth the money. I was so disappointed.

We bought the rainforest passes on a 7 night western in January. It was a one and done for us. The area was always crowded. We went a few times before getting ready for late dinner. My husband went a few times to use the sauna after working out in the gym.

We used the hot tubs a couple times. No one tried to share the hot tub with us, but strangers did get in with a couple that were in the other hot tub. Super awkward. We also didn’t like that the heated loungers weren’t cleaned between guests. Once we figured that out, we didn’t even try to use them again. Some people may be ok with that, but we weren’t.

I've enjoyed the Rainforest Room on the Dream and Fantasy, most recently in January. I don't use it on the Magic or Wonder because their Rainforest Rooms don't have an ocean view or hot tubs, two important features for me. The key imo is the time of day and week that you go, so that it isn't crowded when you're there. Late afternoons are crowded times. Sea days are more crowded than port days. If you can arrange to go at a low occupancy time, it's very nice. I like having a cruise-length pass because I can drop by and check out how busy it is. If the loungers are full, that tells me it isn't a good time to go, and I can come back at another time.

I'm not sure why a PP referred to the hot tubs as "dipping pools". They're hot tubs- the same temperature as the ship's other hot tubs. The Rainforest Room hot tubs are actually the biggest draw for me, as when the rainforest room is uncrowded, it's much nicer to use the hot tubs there than on the adult pool deck.

Last edited:

I loved it in September. We didn't have any of the crowding issues. It sounds like the people who found it to crowded were on during the D+ sailings. We were on the Dream then, and while we didn't use the RR, that cruise (and all of the D+ sailings) was/were super crowded. I can see where that would make it a bad proposition, but if your sailing isn't crowded, I think you should try it.

I loved it in September. We didn't have any of the crowding issues. It sounds like the people who found it to crowded were on during the D+ sailings. We were on the Dream then, and while we didn't use the RR, that cruise (and all of the D+ sailings) was/were super crowded. I can see where that would make it a bad proposition, but if your sailing isn't crowded, I think you should try it.
It’s always been very crowded when we’ve gone even before the d+ deal—I do see how September might be less crowded as that is generally a slow time with back to school and hurricane season.

Still, I used to enjoy it despite the crowds back when you could purchase the single day pass for ~$40 per person. The amenities are nice: gorgeous views from the hot tub room and sauna, nice showers, comfy heated loungers. I did have to wait sometimes for other people to vacate a lounger or hot tub but for $40 it was reasonable. Now it seems they are generally selling out of the full cruise passes and don’t have single day availability. To me that is too much money for what it is and I think it makes the crowds worse because you feel like you have to keep going multiple days to get your money’s worth and so does everyone else. We paid for a length of cruise pass last October and felt super ripped off—it used to be the cost of a drink tasting and now it as much or more as a massage for something that is not all that much different or less crowded than the hot tubs and loungers on the pool deck. Now I just skip it.

Yeah, that's too bad. I believe the ship was at 2,600 guests on the sailing I referenced. I'm going to take a 7-night EC at some point and with 3 sea days I'm going to do RR again. But I'm in kind of the same boat (heh, heh) in that if I have to buy length of stay, I'd better have plenty of sea days.

In January 2022, they were only booking one family at a time. We got a slot which was for about 1 1/2 hours and the four of us got to use the area (me, DH, 2DDs in 20's). It was absolutely heaven. We didn't have to worry about other people and got to spend the time together. I want to say it was about $400-500 but I don't remember. It was worth it to us. I would do it again if it was offered as our individual area.

In January 2022, they were only booking one family at a time. We got a slot which was for about 1 1/2 hours and the four of us got to use the area (me, DH, 2DDs in 20's). It was absolutely heaven. We didn't have to worry about other people and got to spend the time together. I want to say it was about $400-500 but I don't remember. It was worth it to us. I would do it again if it was offered as our individual area.
Yeah that was the covid policy but it would be something I prefer as well. Or even if it was shared but you booked a specific time and the capped the number of people who could book at that time slot to 6 people so that there would always be loungers and space in the various facilities.

I did a day pass in November 2018 and loved it. The showers were fun, the hot tubs with the ocean view (and breeze) were great, and the heated loungers were my favorite. I don't recall it being busy, in fact I think our group was the only ones in there for quite a while. We didn't have to wait for the heated loungers or time in the hot tub. Based on other reports I guess we got lucky (and it was a sea day)!

We did the rainforest room pass in March of this year for a 7 night eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy. I would not do it again. We paid around $150 per person with the tax and gratuity and we used it like 3 times because of how busy it was.

Every time I went in there it was packed with people. Couldn't get in a rain shower, tile chair, or the dipping pools out on the deck. If someone had a tile chair and room opened in the pool they would leave their things on the tile lounger and go use the pool- meaning no one else could take the tile lounger they were not using at that moment. I also found the dipping pools a little weird. They are not as warm as a hot tub, not as cold as a pool, and they fit like 2 people. I was out there alone and some lady just got in with me. It was super awkward. When i went in with my husband no one tried to get in with us but just so weird.

The saunas/steam rooms were usually the only areas with space available.

My biggest complaint is that people were not treating it like a relaxing spa environment. There was yelling, loud laughing, etc.

The only time I actually enjoyed it was while we were at port in San Juan and it was not as bad- but a sea day- forget it. My cruise was sold out and they were still selling passes at like 5 pm on the first day- it seems like they should have stopped hours earlier but $$$$$$$.

Not relaxing and not worth the money. I was so disappointed.
I appreciate your feedback! :)

We bought the rainforest passes on a 7 night western in January. It was a one and done for us. The area was always crowded. We went a few times before getting ready for late dinner. My husband went a few times to use the sauna after working out in the gym.

We used the hot tubs a couple times. No one tried to share the hot tub with us, but strangers did get in with a couple that were in the other hot tub. Super awkward. We also didn’t like that the heated loungers weren’t cleaned between guests. Once we figured that out, we didn’t even try to use them again. Some people may be ok with that, but we weren’t.
Thank you for your feedback! :)

I've enjoyed the Rainforest Room on the Dream and Fantasy, most recently in January. I don't use it on the Magic or Wonder because their Rainforest Rooms don't have an ocean view or hot tubs, two important features for me. The key imo is the time of day and week that you go, so that it isn't crowded when you're there. Late afternoons are crowded times. Sea days are more crowded than port days. If you can arrange to go at a low occupancy time, it's very nice. I like having a cruise-length pass because I can drop by and check out how busy it is. If the loungers are full, that tells me it isn't a good time to go, and I can come back at another time.

I'm not sure why a PP referred to the hot tubs as "dipping pools". They're hot tubs- the same temperature as the ship's other hot tubs. The Rainforest Room hot tubs are actually the biggest draw for me, as when the rainforest room is uncrowded, it's much nicer to use the hot tubs there than on the adult pool deck.

We have done it on the Fantasy and Wonder. Fantasy room is nicer with the heated chairs and hot tubs overlooking ocean, while Wonder is inside. But it’s also busier so chairs may be full. Wonder we were always able to get chairs and sometimes only ones in there. I think it’s worth it if you plan to use it nearly every day which may be difficult if you have a full day port adventure, followed by dinner, shows etc. Sea days can be busy also but sometimes hitting it at right times helps. Usually quiet before noon and after 4 pm. I like coming back after a port adventure and using the showers, hot tub, heated chairs and sauna.

We used to book the length of cruise couples pass every cruise and would go a least once a day (usually during early dining). We stopped going a few years before covid shutdown because they oversold passes and didn't enforce a quiet/peaceful environment. It often felt more like spring break in FL rather than a spa. Waste of money now.

The rainforest room on the Fantasy is lovely -- I've done RR on the Fantasy, Wish, and the older ships, and Fantasy is the best of the bunch. Great ocean views, thoughtful layout, no complaints about the design of the space.

The challenge as others have mentioned is if you're going to end up trying to go when it's very crowded. I was on the Fantasy in May 2021 so still in 'recovering pandemic' times and it wasn't really crowded at all which was great, but I haven't been for a very full cruise. I do think time of day matters -- going during the early dining slot tends to be pretty empty based on my experience on other ships.

The crux of it though is how much are you actually going to make use of it, assuming you have to pay for a length of cruise pass? I've come to realize that with young kids, I've had to really make an effort to go, and so I really don't get my money's worth. So, it depends on your circumstances and how often you really think you'll elect to do RR vs anything else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter