Disney Fantasy June 22-29th 2013: Boardwalk, Boat, and Boston! 2nd Wedding Annivesary

Hi everyone!

Firstly - a big apology, I had every intention to finish this report Sunday afternoon.. but unfortunately our telephone line & internet went down and didn't come back until yesterday! :confused: Realised how much we use the internet when it wasn't there ;)

So - I will definitely finish my Boston report soon.. but it will have to wait a week or so because...

I'M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!!! :banana: :cool1: :woohoo:

This trip has come up so quickly, I'm a little nervous about the run - but know I can do the distance, I've trained hard and (so far) no injuries at all... my running shoes are packed in my hand luggage, suitcases are almost packed.... and we're ready to go! :cloud9:
I'm excited to experience something new at WDW, the marathon weekend has always looked amazing!

I'm sure to be posting a few updates on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram - so please follow along if you'd like ... TR will follow :cutie: (my user name on the latter two is disney_barbie (Twitter) and disneybarbie (Instagram)

Good luck on the race! :goodvibes

I've been following your trip report and think it sounds like an amazing honeymoon. I'll be going to Alaska in July for mine, so while it'll be a very different climate from yours, it's nice to read a trip report about another honeymoon. Disney's not just for the kids! :)

Good luck at the marathon this weekend. Sounds like it will be an interesting experience.

Love the running shoes you got in Boston and that you put 400 miles on them. I never really pay attention to how many miles I put on my shoes. I just replace them every 6 months when they start to feel "flat".

Can you believe I have never eaten at a chipolte. Guess I need to check one out. They seem to be all over right now.

Fun dinner.

Love the tour at Fenway Park. It sounds really interesting.

Hope you have a fantastic run! Can't wait to read that TR (and the rest of this one too of course!)

Yay! Hope you're having an amazing time and good luck on your race! I know you'll be great :goodvibes See you on FB!

hi everyone!

I'm just sat on our balcony at the Boardwalk, so I thought I'd check in :goodvibes

The race was AMAZING! I loved every moment of it, I even got a little sad when I realised I was coming up to the end :cutie:
I finished in 02:02:31 - which I was really pleased with, I'd been quicker in training runs but then I hadn't had 25k other runners around me (and I started in Corral O so the course was quite congested)!
I raised over $1,000 for Make A Wish UK in sponsorship too :lovestruc

RunDisney does an amazing job of organising events, we really enjoyed seeing the full marathon runners on the course yesterday :thumbsup2

Otherwise it's been a wonderful trip so far - very little rain, warm & sunny - and apart from runners the theme park crowds are very low, walked on to nearly every ride!

Heading to Hollywood Studios soon, hope everyone has a great week

Emma princess: - half marathon runner :goodvibes x

hi everyone!

I'm just sat on our balcony at the Boardwalk, so I thought I'd check in :goodvibes

The race was AMAZING! I loved every moment of it, I even got a little sad when I realised I was coming up to the end :cutie:
I finished in 02:02:31 - which I was really pleased with, I'd been quicker in training runs but then I hadn't had 25k other runners around me (and I started in Corral O so the course was quite congested)!
I raised over $1,000 for Make A Wish UK in sponsorship too :lovestruc

RunDisney does an amazing job of organising events, we really enjoyed seeing the full marathon runners on the course yesterday :thumbsup2

Otherwise it's been a wonderful trip so far - very little rain, warm & sunny - and apart from runners the theme park crowds are very low, walked on to nearly every ride!

Heading to Hollywood Studios soon, hope everyone has a great week

Emma princess: - half marathon runner :goodvibes x

Wow awesome job!:cool1: I'm sure it's way different having a ton of other people around you.

Woot woot for no waits on rides!

Hope you have an amazing rest of the trip!

Hi!

So, we're back! Had such a great trip to Disney and the gulf coast, hard to come back to cold January weather in the UK :rolleyes: lol

Let me get on with the Boston TR... mostly photos now so I can get through it quickly for you :thumbsup2

Tuesday 2nd July 2013

We decided to do the Duck Tour today – and booked our tickets online (this made the price slightly less), and needed to be at the start point (near the Christian Science Centre) at 9.30am.

We got there a bit early, and went into the shopping centre to get some coffees and muffins for breakfast.

Then we checked in for our tour, and waited a few minutes on the benches provided until it was time to board our Duck.

Each duck is a different colour and design (whereas the ones in London are all yellow) and each of the tour guides are real characters! We had Major Tom – who was excellent, very knowledgeable and entertaining.

He even added a little Disney touch to our tour – by playing “A Pirates Life For Me” as we drove into the Charles River!

We got to try a Necco candy during the tour – we'd not heard of these before (and learnt that the name comes from the 'New England Confectionary Company')

Our duck!

After the tour, we walked to Newbury Street and got some lunch at an Italian restaurant, the food was really good and reasonably priced.

We walked back through the park to our hotel...

We did a little shopping too, I bought some running gear in City Sports (one of the outfits I actually just wore for the WDW Half marathon!), and also a blanket from Marshalls – ready for our July 4th plans by the river.

Running things..

We stopped at Dunkin Donuts for a drink (we don't have these at home but noticed them everywhere in Boston, I think our Duck Tour guide said there are nearly 100 in Boston alone!)

There was a tiny bit of rain this afternoon, but hardly any – we'd been so lucky with the weather for our entire trip.

We relaxed for a while at the hotel, then got ready for the evening.. we were heading to Fenway – my first ball game!

Dressed appropriately..

We got on the T to Fenway, once again it was really easy to use the subway.

Once near the park, we stopped in a large sports bar for a drink – I even decided to try a local beer.

We walked a bit closer to the stadium, the atmosphere was really lively and fun.

We went into another bar that had a view right onto the field – photos weren't allowed while the teams were warming up.

We went through the security line and made our way into the Park!

We got some Fenway Franks for dinner – very tasty. And also got some popcorn to eat during the game.

Our seats were pretty good – there was a column to the right of us which obscurred some of the view, but we could see the pitchers and batters fine.

I was really pleased we'd done the tour the day before, I appreciated so much more about the Red Sox and Fenway Park.

Before the game!

I really liked the opening of the game and singing the national anthem!

Wally!

We really enjoyed the game, the atmosphere was great – we sang along to 'Sweet Caroline' too.. and luckily enough the Red Sox won that night too! (and went on to win a few more games that season too I believe ;) )

After the game, we decided to walk back to our hotel rather than get the Subway. It was a warm night and fun to walk back towards the city with all the other Sox fans.

Congrats on finishing the half marathon with an awesome time and energy to spare. That IS quite impressive.

Sounds like you had a lot of fun at the Red Sox game. :thumbsup2

Congrats on your half marathon! :cheer2:

Great updates! I love Ducks - the only ones I've ridden are in Wisconsin Dells, though. Looks like it was a fun way to see Boston.

Sounds like you had a great baseball experience too! :thumbsup2

Congrats on finishing the half marathon with an awesome time and energy to spare. That IS quite impressive.

Sounds like you had a lot of fun at the Red Sox game. :thumbsup2

Thank you! The Marathon weekend was incredible, can't believe it's over a month ago.. must get on with this TR so I can start writing up that trip :goodvibes

Congrats on your half marathon! :cheer2:

Great updates! I love Ducks - the only ones I've ridden are in Wisconsin Dells, though. Looks like it was a fun way to see Boston.

Sounds like you had a great baseball experience too! :thumbsup2

Thank you :goodvibes
The Ducks were a great way to see the city, although a shorter trip than the trollies, the conductors were real characters - we learnt so much about the city!

More photos coming up... sorry for all the delays!

Emma princess: x

Wednesday 3rd July 2013

Today we decided to walk the Freedom Trail – it's about a three mile walk around the city, that passes many of the famous landmarks in Boston.

We started in Boston Common.

It was easy to follow the route as the pavement had pieces paved in a different way to mark it clearly.

I really liked in Boston how many flowers there were, they seemed to be everywhere!

Crossing over the bridge to Charlestown was a bit scary!

Main Street..

I loved this part of the city.. beautiful houses.

Bunker Hill...

We don't learn a lot of US history at school here, so we really enjoyed learning about it while we were staying in Boston

So we got to the end of the Freedom Trail... and then had to turn around and walk all the way back!

We made a stop for lunch at a restaurant our Duck tour guide had pointed out, Union Oyster House, it was the longest serving restaurant in the USA...

The menu had all of the classic North East dishes that we wanted to try... we both had clam chowder to start (which I believe is pronounced 'Chowda' in Boston!) - DH had a lobster roll, and I had scrod (which I learnt wasn't a type of fish, just refers to the 'catch of the day'!).

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter