Disney Fantasy July 29th 2017

vadisdad

Earning My Ears
Hello, my family is traveling from VA to cruise on the Disney Fantasy on July 29th. This is our second cruise(first one on the Dream) and we are brining my wife and I, and our 3 kids ages 9(DS), 7(DS), and 3(DD). We are also traveling with my parents who are excited to go on their first Disney cruise.
I am posting this to start a FE group for that cruise. AquaDame, could you add this to the main directory so other families can sign up for FE?, thanks.

We're on this cruise as well. It will be me, DW, DS21 and DD17. It's our 7th Disney cruise and 3rd on the Fantasy. We've been on all four ships and the Fantasy is our favorite by far.

There is a link with a template for FE signups in my signature. You're welcome to copy it and start the FE list. I wouldn't post everyone's personal details on the thread if possible. The last time I ran the FE list, I just gave everyone a printout with the details at a meet we setup the first day of the cruise.

I agree with the posters in the main cruise meet thread, however. It's too early to start a thread for FE over a year in advance. That's usually done around 6 months before the cruise.

The FE list is only a part of a cruise meet thread. The idea is that we have a chance to get to know some of the other people on the cruise.

DCL website link for this cruise: https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/...m-port-canaveral/july-29-2017-disney-fantasy/

Last edited:
Hi can i add my family please this will be our 3rd cruise first one on the Fantasy I have mom dad Helena (16) Lilly (8) Lauren (3) this is my first FE so very excited to be part of it

can conceige participate in FE I remember seeing some floors could not be reached unless you use your room key

Hi Corser. Welcome to the boards and this cruise!

We had concierge participants on the FE group the last 2 Fantasy cruises and we were able to get to the rooms with no problem.

I found out in another thread that the Google Docs version of the signup sheet (from my signature) can't be used according to Disboard policy. I'm not sure who is running the FE group for this cruise, but they will need to find another way to collect the information.

pirate:

We are signed up for this cruise!! We are Platinum with Disney, have been on the other 3 ships, but this is the 2st time on the Fantasy! We disembarked the Dream on Monday morning.
We are myself, my partner of almost 15 years and my 2 granddaughters, 17 and a 10 year old!

Hi,
We are going on this cruise, how can we sign up for FE?
When will we know who we need to make gifts for, and which stateroom?
And normally how many kids are in the program?
Thank you for your help!

Last edited:

Someone needs to volunteer to run the FE list. Don't just expect someone else to do it.

It doesn't just happen magically. Or dreamily. Or fantastically. Or wonderfully. There, that covers all 4 ships...

pirate:

Hi,
I get that someone has to volunteer too run FE.
This is our first Disney Cruise, and I only heared about the FE on youtube.
I have no clue about what the volunteer has to exactly do.
What responsibilities those a volunteer have?
Thanks.

Hi,
Thank you very much. The link was helpful.
I am going to search up more information about it and then think about being the leader of FE.
I saw that it is not that hard if I have a template.
Is it only that I paste the link in for a template to the public so they could sign up, and then just right an email to the people participating of the people they have to make gifts for?
Thank you.

Last edited:
I was the leader for the FE on my last cruise (6/6/16) to Alaska. I used a template but people had to supply their information here on DISboards, then I filled in the temple. Actually not as much work as it seems, especially if someone is willing to help with extras like a delivery map. I wasn't able to provide a link to an outside source. Once we were closer to the sailing date, I could PM people still interested here with the link, or email them if they provided an email. I hope this helps.

Hello,
Thank you SO much for your help.
It did help and I can to a decision..
I am going to lead the FE for this cruise.
Thanks

Hello everyone,
I am going to lead FE for this cruise. Further information will be sent out for the sign up in the next thew days.
Have a magical day!

Last edited:
Thanks for taking responsibility for the FE list. I wasn't trying to say you needed to do it, but nobody else seems to want to take it on.

You need to be aware that this site doesn't allow direct linking of external sites like Google Docs for FE signup sheets. You will need to gather the information directly and enter it yourself as mentioned in the earlier post by DisneyParkFan.

I've run the FE for previous cruises using this method, but the management of this board decided they didn't want anyone doing that anymore. I even have the template linked in my signature, but I don't use it for actual signups. It's just there for reference, so I'm not breaking anyone's rules.

There is a group on another site that isn't allowed to be mentioned here. They are in the same place as it relates to a lot of people wanting to be part of the FE, but nobody will run it. I can tell that group about the signup sheet over here. They shouldn't have an issue with the external link. And no, I'm not allowed to post the link to the group on here.

Good luck with the FE. I hope it's a huge success.

pirate:

I'm not sure if there are rules about email addresses. Other people have posted their emails when joining FE lists, so I don't believe it's a problem. A moderator should be reading the posts and can answer that for you.

I tried emailing you to discuss this, but the emails keep bouncing. Can you verify your email address?

pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter