Disney Fantasy, July 21, 2022 9 -Night S. Caribbean Cruise

Cruising Engineer

DIS Veteran
Ahoy fellow cruisers! We are finally going on a cruise again. With 4 cancellations under our belt, my DH and I are excited about going back to the Southern Caribbean. What are your experiences on this cruise or will this be your first time in the beautiful waters of the Caribbean?

We are very excited to join this cruise. We have done Western on the Fantasy. Eastern with Royal Caribbean, and Southern with Celebrity. We haven't been to Dominica though. We only had 2 cancellations by DCL and one self-cancellation/modification.

We are very excited to join this cruise. We have done Western on the Fantasy. Eastern with Royal Caribbean, and Southern with Celebrity. We haven't been to Dominica though. We only had 2 cancellations by DCL and one self-cancellation/modification.

:welcome: Welcome aboard. So glad to meet you. Even one cancellation is one too many. You have quite a reference list of places and cruises under your belt. We are also eager to visit Dominica on this adventure.
Love your photo .... I bought Thing 1, 2, and 3 for my grandniece and nephews a couple of years back.

DH and I are booked on this cruise! This will be our 21st cruise on DCL. We recently did the Dream 8/30/21-9/3/21 and have a 7 night scheduled in December. We did the 11 night Southern Caribbean back in 2019 to celebrate DD college graduation.

This cruise is to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary which will be July 18, 2022. We love longer cruises and can’t wait for this to come!!

DH and I are booked on this cruise! This will be our 21st cruise on DCL. We recently did the Dream 8/30/21-9/3/21 and have a 7 night scheduled in December. We did the 11 night Southern Caribbean back in 2019 to celebrate DD college graduation.

This cruise is to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary which will be July 18, 2022. We love longer cruises and can’t wait for this to come!!
Welcome Aboard :welcome: . WOW, you are really seasoned cruisers with DCL. Our last S. Caribbean was in 2016, a 7 night, beginning and ending in San Juan, PR. A 30-year anniversary celebration on the Fantasy in the blue waters of the Caribbean will be memorable for you. We also enjoy longer cruises. Traveling from New Mexico to FL just about takes the better part of a day. We'd be cruising more but right now I am a student and busy with dissertation projects and papers. Can't wait to see 300 days fly by and get on that ship.

Congratulations on the anniversary! We are very much looking forward to this cruise. My husband and I did a Southern Caribbean out of San Juan on Celebrity for our 20th anniversary a few years ago. Can't wait to show some of the islands to our son. Heck, I can't wait to get on a cruise.

Hello to all you fellow Southern Caribbean cruisers. My wife and I are looking forward to this cruise immensely. It will be our 14th Disney cruise. First time to the southern Caribbean. I’m sure it will be as magical as the first Disney cruise we took. Like everyone else, we are counting the days. Luckily.we have a cruise sailing out of New Orleans in February to take before the southern to help us with our cruising fix. We sailed on the Fantasy on September 11-15 which was the first sailing for the Fantasy. Less than 1000 passengers in that sailing. Just got off the Magic Nov. 13-18 sailing which sailed out of Miami. Was told by the concierge host there was less than 1000 passengers on the sailing.
Wonder how close to capacity the 9 day will be.

Hello to all you fellow Southern Caribbean cruisers. My wife and I are looking forward to this cruise immensely. It will be our 14th Disney cruise. First time to the southern Caribbean. I’m sure it will be as magical as the first Disney cruise we took. Like everyone else, we are counting the days. Luckily.we have a cruise sailing out of New Orleans in February to take before the southern to help us with our cruising fix. We sailed on the Fantasy on September 11-15 which was the first sailing for the Fantasy. Less than 1000 passengers in that sailing. Just got off the Magic Nov. 13-18 sailing which sailed out of Miami. Was told by the concierge host there was less than 1000 passengers on the sailing.
Wonder how close to capacity the 9 day will be.
:welcome: WELCOME ABOARD :sail: So nice to see you on this cruise. WOW, you have been busy cruising!!!

We're booked for the DISboard cruise in May (with Pete and company). This will be our first cruise since Jan 2020 and good preparation for the 9 night S. Caribbean. We're wondering the same thing about capacity by next July.

Yikes... this group has been semi ded.
We're less than 2 months away.. I'm so excited.
Anyone interested in a quick Dis meetup? at a bar, or cove cafe maybe
We just got off the Dream Friday. Yikes, the weeds have taken over everything.
Yes, let's plan a Dis meetup. I was hoping to meet several people from the DIS board on the Dream but never found anyone.

We just got off the Dream Friday. Yikes, the weeds have taken over everything.
Yes, let's plan a Dis meetup. I was hoping to meet several people from the DIS board on the Dream but never found anyone.
:D
I'm down for a quick meetup. I suggest Meridian, my favorite spot on the Fantasy. the most amazing views.
I'll watch this thread in case it does get organized.

We've joined - better late than never, sliding just in under 60 days. As @Cruising Engineer might recall, we were supposed to be on one of those earlier cancelled HOTHS cruises. We stayed HOTHS though until today. My family is unable to commit right now, so I didn't want to just go with me and DS (we had a blast in January but that was only 4 days). Anyway, my in-laws are taking this cruise, so yesterday, I realized that if I wanted to make the change now was the time. Would love to do a meet up at some point.

We've joined - better late than never, sliding just in under 60 days. As @Cruising Engineer might recall, we were supposed to be on one of those earlier cancelled HOTHS cruises. We stayed HOTHS though until today. My family is unable to commit right now, so I didn't want to just go with me and DS (we had a blast in January but that was only 4 days). Anyway, my in-laws are taking this cruise, so yesterday, I realized that if I wanted to make the change now was the time. Would love to do a meet up at some point.
An official :welcome: Welcome Aboard to you and your family. @DisneYE has put forward a meet-up for this cruise. A plan is in order. Let's work on @DisneYE suggestion.

We are excited to be joining this sailing as well. This will be our 8th Disney Cruise and have loved all 7 prior. Have had many cancelled and this longer cruise is actually a graduation cruise for my younger son (grad from HS) using some residual FCC for a previous alaska wonder sailing that was cancelled in summer 2020 (which ironically was a grad cruise for my older son (also grad from HS)) so we will see if this one can happen. As we hit the near 50 day mark growing more optimistic that we will be able to sail but also growing concerned that increasing number of cases are being reported in Florida (where we live) and that more folks are not able to sail due to positive tests. Hopefully, we are not in a surge at time of travel.

We are looking forward to meeting up with others as it would be nice for sure. We have a Choc/Liquor tasting on Day 3 (at sea for Noon) and also have Champagne Tasting at 4 pm on day at Antigua if anyone has one of those - as another chance to meet up.

One thing I hope is that character greetings get back to the usual way before we sail. Would like to be able to hug or stand next to the character rather than still some distancing away. One of the best picutres we have from a previous sailing is when we were playing shuffleboard on Deck 4 and out comes Sports Goofy. Takes one of our sticks and starts playing shuffleboard with our family. Goofy played for about 3 minutes before he left and he took a bunch of pics with us. It was a great impromptu meet and greet and hope that some of those opportunities return by the time we sail.

So, we're surprising the family with the info at brunch today. Once I find out what all the pre-planned activities are, I'll post my availability. I know my 2 SILs have a mixology that hopefully I can jump into...but I think that's it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter