• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Fantasy, July 21, 2022 9 -Night S. Caribbean Cruise

We are excited to be joining this sailing as well. This will be our 8th Disney Cruise and have loved all 7 prior. Have had many cancelled and this longer cruise is actually a graduation cruise for my younger son (grad from HS) using some residual FCC for a previous alaska wonder sailing that was cancelled in summer 2020 (which ironically was a grad cruise for my older son (also grad from HS)) so we will see if this one can happen. As we hit the near 50 day mark growing more optimistic that we will be able to sail but also growing concerned that increasing number of cases are being reported in Florida (where we live) and that more folks are not able to sail due to positive tests. Hopefully, we are not in a surge at time of travel.

We are looking forward to meeting up with others as it would be nice for sure. We have a Choc/Liquor tasting on Day 3 (at sea for Noon) and also have Champagne Tasting at 4 pm on day at Antigua if anyone has one of those - as another chance to meet up.

One thing I hope is that character greetings get back to the usual way before we sail. Would like to be able to hug or stand next to the character rather than still some distancing away. One of the best picutres we have from a previous sailing is when we were playing shuffleboard on Deck 4 and out comes Sports Goofy. Takes one of our sticks and starts playing shuffleboard with our family. Goofy played for about 3 minutes before he left and he took a bunch of pics with us. It was a great impromptu meet and greet and hope that some of those opportunities return by the time we sail.
:welcome: WELCOME ABOARD :welcome: So glad you and your family will be cruising again. Will you be celebrating both graduation achievements during this cruise (it's never too late)? I saw some characters with families taking photos. The group was at the bottom of the atrium staircase and the character was a stair or two above them. Nice group photo but no autographs or hugging (that I saw).

This cruise is also the remnants of our B2B Sept 2020 cruise, rescheduled, rescheduled, and finally nailed down. We just returned from a 4-night Dream cruise and many things were back to normal (except for the pre-testing). I was scouting out the location of Outlook Lounge (Deck 14) and there on Deck 12 was Goofy in his sailor outfit.

2022-05-17 Goofy Dream.jpg

:welcome: WELCOME ABOARD :welcome: So glad you and your family will be cruising again. Will you be celebrating both graduation achievements during this cruise (it's never too late)? I saw some characters with families taking photos. The group was at the bottom of the atrium staircase and the character was a stair or two above them. Nice group photo but no autographs or hugging (that I saw).

This cruise is also the remnants of our B2B Sept 2020 cruise, rescheduled, rescheduled, and finally nailed down. We just returned from a 4-night Dream cruise and many things were back to normal (except for the pre-testing). I was scouting out the location of Outlook Lounge (Deck 14) and there on Deck 12 was Goofy in his sailor outfit.

View attachment 672759
Awesome pic! Love it and the impromptu pic you got is one of the reasons I love Disney. They just do those little unexpected things. We are celebrating both graduations and our 22nd wedding anniversary as well. Frankly I think we can ALL celebrate just starting to get back to some semblance of normalcy after over two years of anything but!!

Awesome pic! Love it and the impromptu pic you got is one of the reasons I love Disney. They just do those little unexpected things. We are celebrating both graduations and our 22nd wedding anniversary as well. Frankly I think we can ALL celebrate just starting to get back to some semblance of normalcy after over two years of anything but!!
You are absolutely right. During this cruise, everyone should have a celebration: birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, remembrances, and just-be-cause we deserve it!

So what does everyone think about a Deck 4 Cove meet-up during the first or second sea day? I need somewhere I can go if I have DS with me. I will try to give him to my in-laws or have him go to the club, but in case I have him along... And then maybe we could plan a drink at the Meridian later in the cruise.

I'm joining in! Well, we've been booked for awhile, but for some reason I've never posted in this thread. I've mostly been over on the FB group. (My name is Summer, if anyone is over there.) But I also love the DIS and hang out here a lot!

I'd be down with a meetup at Vista!

I'm joining in! Well, we've been booked for awhile, but for some reason I've never posted in this thread. I've mostly been over on the FB group. (My name is Summer, if anyone is over there.) But I also love the DIS and hang out here a lot!

I'd be down with a meetup at Vista!
:welcome: Welcome Aboard :welcome: Can't wait to meet you at the Vista.

Interesting note, while we are still GTY and I expect to be for at least another few weeks, the rest of the family got moved from their rooms on deck 2 up to deck 6, sounds like maybe they’re making everything quarantine space again. 🤔

Anyone else have a rough check-in? I tried the app and another browser before it worked. After how smooth it went for the Wonder, I was surprised (although not totally).

Is anyone else having trouble online check-in? I've been waiting for my photo to load .... 9 minutes with the spinning blue wheel.

Hope you had success, I have to go back to fix some things because I just put in generic information to make it work. But I made it through right about the same time We posted earlier.
It took 55 minutes to complete the check-in last night. Good thing we are arriving on the bus; our PAT would have been half an hour after the ship left the dock with a boarding number 99 :rotfl2:

I messed up and did it the wrong day, of course. We are on vacation, so I think I got thrown off. Oh well, last one on the boat I guess.

Hey I'll soon be on a road trip for the next 2-3 weeks and probably won't have a chance to check on these boards before our cruise..
You guys want to do a quick DIS meet?
How about Cove Cafe on day 2 or 3, which are sea days, around Noon?.. I'll be there having a coffee...wearing a blue baseball cap in case anyone wants to come and say hi...
Anyway... ship sails in 4 weeks from today! it's almost time!

Hey I'll soon be on a road trip for the next 2-3 weeks and probably won't have a chance to check on these boards before our cruise..
You guys want to do a quick DIS meet?
How about Cove Cafe on day 2 or 3, which are sea days, around Noon?.. I'll be there having a coffee...wearing a blue baseball cap in case anyone wants to come and say hi...
Anyway... ship sails in 4 weeks from today! it's almost time!
Sounds like a plan. I'm am available on Day 3 (have Champagne on Day 2 (noon)).
We'll be just finishing up Palo brunch (1030-noon) therefore, definitely be dressed smartly, and I'll have my colorful engineer mickey logo on my lanyard.

Last edited:
Sounds like a plan. I'm am available on Day 3 (have Champagne on Day 2 (noon)).
We'll be just finishing up Palo brunch (1030-noon) therefore, definitely be dressed smartly, and I'll have my colorful engineer mickey logo on my lanyard.
Have champagne on day 3 at noon.

Any other times others are thinking?

Have champagne on day 3 at noon.

Any other times others are thinking?
Yeah, I need to look at the schedule again. I will do that tonight after dinner with another time. My MIL has another group she wanted us to come along with - so I want to try not to conflict. Also, I'd prefer to meet at Vista so I can bring DS if necessary.

Yeah, I need to look at the schedule again. I will do that tonight after dinner with another time. My MIL has another group she wanted us to come along with - so I want to try not to conflict. Also, I'd prefer to meet at Vista so I can bring DS if necessary.
We could also meet at cabanas or with ice cream cone in hand by the drink stations on deck as those are easy places to spot people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter