Disney Fantasy Cruise - 7 Night Western Caribbean - Aug 6 2016

What are the ages of everyone's kiddos this trip? I will have a 14 year old dd and a 19 year old dd, who will be too old for teen club but too young for the adult bars and such...

Hello...

We have 4 kids on this cruise... Our daughter, Emma (12), Mikey (11) and Anthony (9). We are also taking our nephew, Zachary (14). Zach and Emma plan to hang out in Edge!

Kristine

Going on our first cruise ever! Taking our 18 year old to celebrate high school graduation and off to college in the fall. We are on the Fantasy Western Caribbean August 6-13. Any advice on excursions on Cozumel and Jamaica?

I'd love advice too...

Is there something with turtles or tortoises? We have an 11 year old CRAZY for turtles (and Doc McStuffins LOL)

Does anyone know if kids ages 11 and 12 can switch between Edge and Oceaneers Club, or do they have to choose one or the other to participate in?

Thanks!

Kristine

Hello to all...

We are super late in trying to join the FE group, as we just heard about this and ordered for our two rooms on Etsy :)
We would REALLY appreciate some pixie dust and a little Disney magic in making this happen. We have 4 kids (3 with special needs) and our mother, that would really get a kick out of this.

From what I understand, we need to post 10 times on the forum in order to be added to the list and who to leave our gifts to...

Thank you!!!

Kristine & Cheryl

HELLO KRISTINE! WELCOME!

OK I received your list. I will forward to the FE group & give them to the details. I will also forward you our list, too, for pixie dust on our end.

FE Group: If you know that you will be able to send pixie dust to this family. Please let her know so she can throw some your way, too :)

THANK YOU!
Dennise

I received this from my Travel Agent who is AWESOME! Anyways, I know we have some 1st time cruisers and some 1st Fantasy cruisers so thought I would share...this will help with those participating in FE, too.
Thanks!
Dennise

Finding Your Way Around on the Disney Fantasy

Here are a few tips that can help you navigate your way around the Disney Fantasy

Shows on the ship are forward. The Walt Disney Theatre and Buena Vista Theatre are both located in the forward section of the ship.

The District/Europa (adult night clubs) is located in the back or aft.

Guest services and shopping are in the center or midship.

For family areas such as the D-Lounge and children’s clubs, head mid ship, then slightly aft.

Dining rooms: Remy, Palo and Animator’s Palate are located aft, while Royal Palace/Royal Court and Enchanted Garden can be found midship.

In any of the hallways with staterooms, there is a simple way to tell if you are heading to the front or back of the ship. Simply look down at the carpet. If the map is right side up you are walking forward; if the world is upside down you are walking aft.

Finding your stateroom

All staterooms on the Starboard side of the ship (right side) have a Seahorse with the stateroom number listed.

Seahorse = Starboard

All staterooms on the Port side of the ship (left) have a Fish with the stateroom number listed.

Fish = Port Side

There are 3 sets of guest elevators onboard the Fantasy. These are forward (front or bow of the ship) Midship (middle of the ship) and Aft (back of the ship). No matter which set of elevators you take to get back to your stateroom you will always turn the same way -- left for port and right for starboard. The same holds true for the stairs, but turn in the opposite direction -- right for port and left for starboard. If you see a fish when you expected to see a seahorse, just turn back around!

Happy Birthday to your nephew and congratulations on your daughter's adoption day! Our son turns 19 on the 11th! August kids are great!

Does anyone know if kids ages 11 and 12 can switch between Edge and Oceaneers Club, or do they have to choose one or the other to participate in?

Thanks!

Kristine

Kristine:

They can switch!!!

So 1st day you need to get wristband either at port after checking in or on the ship during open house hours. That's get them in to Oceaneer Club & Lab. Make sure you let them know they can check themselves out so they can switch to Edge otherwise you have to go get them out of Oceaneers.
It is easier for registration if you make sure you have registered them online In your cruise stuff. :)

They do NOT need the wristband for Edge. They can come & go as they please out of Edge. They can also go back to Oceaneers when they want to as long as they have self-check in/out privileges.

Important: They do need to go to one of the happy hours for Edge (look at your Navigator) when you get onboard. This allows them to sign up for Edge & go see what it is all about. They do not have to have a parent to sign up but you are welcome to go during happy hour to see everything for yourselves.

Let me know if you have any others questions. We did 2 cruises while my oldest kiddos were 12. They are 13 now so they will be in Edge. We loved it last year cuz our youngest was 4 & if she got bored & we were doing something like dinner or massage we could send the 12 year olds to play with her a bit. And that would work! Won't be as convenient this time lol

Dennise

We did FE on our 1st cruise and it was so much fun. I completely forgot about doing it this time until my DS asked me about it today. Anyway we could get some pixie dust? We are SOOO late so I get it if we can't participate but we would love to!!

Since we can't use over the door hangers for toiletries anymore...does anyone have any new tricks on how to manage the toiletries?

Since we can't use over the door hangers for toiletries anymore...does anyone have any new tricks on how to manage the toiletries?

We had a hook on our wall just passed the closet & that is where I hung mine. I had to give up hanging my robe & stuff on there but it eventually became worth it. Came in very handy. I have also heard that you can take a sturdy coat hanger and some twist ties and attached the over-the-door hanger and that solves the messing up the door issue.
HTH! ~Dennise

To KLeclair8 and DorieWallace:
I will be able to send some pixie dust your way :)
When Dennise sent the final list out, she mentioned that we should let you know if we would be able to send pixie dust your way so that you could plan accordingly. So, I just wanted to let you both know that you're covered!
We're officially a week away!!

Kristine (#6062)

Hi kleclair8 and DorieWallace,
We will be pixie dusting you also.:)
Glad you're part of the group!

Karin (#7160)

Hi kleclair and DorieWallace,
We will be pixie dusting you also.

Diana. Room 8046. And
Dulce. Room 8044

See you in a week!!!!

Hi kleclair8 and DorieWallace,
We will be pixie dusting each of you, too. pixiedust:

Dennise (NaredoFam) Room 12520

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter