Disney Fantasy April 16, 2016 7-Day Caribbean Cruise Meet

I think those in-between ages are great, because they have so many activities for the kids to choose from. For that age, it seems like the boys vs. girls games, etc. are lots of fun for the tween set. There are more mature activities like scavenger hunts, trips to get ice cream, sports activities, etc. It's not necessarily all video games in the Edge, although those always seemed to be available. In the Lab, there seemed to be a lot more "creative" types of activities, like science, crafts, drawing - although those are usually also offered in Edge, just maybe not as heavily rotated. The Lab activities bored my DS by the time he was of "Edge" age, but that's not the case for all kids, of course. My advice might be to visit both the Lab and Edge on the first afternoon during open house. They are also very different spaces. Edge is pretty cool for the kids, since it is in the funnel and seems more "private club" - and the Lab is on deck 5 and is larger and connected to the Oceaneer's Club, so there will be more kids and younger kids running around. Your daughter will have a chance to check both places out, chat with the counselors about activities, and will probably have a stronger feeling about one over the other. But the fact is, she can roam between the two depending on the activities in the navigator, so she's in a great position to maximize her fun!

Thank you so much for the information!! Am I reading correct that she can utilize both? I've read in other places she has to choose between one or the other. Thanks again.

Thank you so much for the information!! Am I reading correct that she can utilize both? I've read in other places she has to choose between one or the other. Thanks again.

The in-between ages can go freely between the two. I believe she will still have to be registered for the Lab, and you'll probably need to let them know that she can check herself out. She will still be issued a band for entrance, which she will need to wear whenever she chooses to go to the Lab. For entrance to Edge, she'll just need her key to the world card, and I know last time, they placed a special sticker on my son's to designate Edge "membership". But yes, there are no restrictions on floating between the two. She will be on both of their lists, and the first time you visit, they'll make note that she is on board and may be coming to activities. She's going to have a blast! And if she's able to make friends with the other 12 year old girls prior to the cruise or on the first day, it will be even easier. They will probably bond and then decide as a group where they would like to hang out.

Hey everyone. This will be our second Disney Fantasy cruise, last year my wife and I did the Eastern Caribbean (St Martin & St Thomas/St John) cruise. This time we'll be bringing the kids who are super excited. 43 days and counting!!!

Hi Matt! We have done Eastern in the past - loved it and really wanted to do another - but between the third sea day (they are our favorite) and Star Wars, we changed our Eastern to this one and are sailing a week earlier as a result. Which is a wonderful thing! I will miss St. Thomas, though. It was so beautiful. Could have stayed there forever! How old are your kids? We have a 14-year old son, but this is our sixth cruise, and he's been sailing since he was five, and always has a terrific time at the kids clubs.

They'll all love it. Your daughter will be in Edge, and it's really a cool space. Exclusively for 11-14 year olds, and in the forward funnel. Your sons will be in the Oceaneer's Lab, and that's pretty great, too. 14-year olds can float between the Edge tween club and the Vibe teen club, so our son will probably be spending time in both, depending on the activity that's going on. I'm not sure if you and your wife were able to check the kids clubs out during open house time on your last cruise, but they are super fantastic. I was a little jealous, I have to say. So many games, crafts, cooking classes going on all day long.

Glad to hear we won't be the only non Star Wars fans. Lol. If you are interested send me a private message and I will give you my DD12's phone number so they can text before the cruise. She is talking to 2 other girls already that she can share with your daughter, too. Thanks. Counting the days.
We had to switch our cruise until the summer due to my husband's job. But thanks for the reply. Have a great cruise!

Hi all, we are getting very excited about our first Disney Cruise - it's the sole reason behind our big USA adventure! We are travelling all the way from Australia to be a part of the Star Wars cruise, family of 4 (two DS Aged 6 and 7, our eldest turns 8 during our holiday) and will be in the States for about 4 weeks or so...
I'm very keen to participate in the FE, so I'll follow the links a few posts back and hopefully find it!
So excited - 30 days to go!
:banana:

Welcome, SammyOz! How fantastic that you're coming all the way from Australia - it's so far away that it must be nearly time to catch the plane, right??!!
:rotfl2:

At any rate, you'll probably be on your way before most of us coming from other parts of the U.S. - Safe travels, and hope to see you on board the ship!! It's almost time for the best vacation ever!

Well, we are booked!! Yay! Got a great rate, so we decided to extend our week long WDW visit with a cruise
This is our fifth Disney cruise! It's myself, hubby, 9 year old son, and 6 year old daughter... Can not wait!!

Well, we are booked!! Yay! Got a great rate, so we decided to extend our week long WDW visit with a cruise
This is our fifth Disney cruise! It's myself, hubby, 9 year old son, and 6 year old daughter... Can not wait!!

That is fantastic! We've had this one booked for nearly two years now. The anticipation is honestly a lot of the fun (although it's also killing me!), but I love to imagine waking up one day and just deciding, "Hey, let's go on a Disney Cruise next month!" How exciting for you - have you been on all the ships?

This is our sixth Disney cruise, and we've done every ship except the Magic. If we can find a good deal, DH and I might wind up going alone in the off season next fall and leaving DS with family. Our son is starting high school next year, so this is really his last opportunity to cruise in the off-season. Cruises are so expensive during school holidays, so we warned him that this might be his last hurrah... at least on a weeklong cruise. Maybe we can fit in a shorter one on the Dream sometime, but we'll just have to see.

Hope we bump into you on the ship!

We have not been on the Dream (yet ). We almost always go within the 75 day mark due
Our kids will be missing 10 days of school, I think this will be the last year we can swing something like this...

Hope to see you too!

Just booked today! So excited! My husband is a CM and this will be our 8th cruise (I'm pretty sure it's the 8th anyway haha); and our third time on the Fantasy! We have been on all four ships but this is our first cruise with Star Wars Day at Sea! Looking forward to a much needed vacation and having a blast!

Also, a quick, but huge thank you to Sherri for the wonderful site she has created for our cruise - I've already been updating my saved cruise note template that I keep in my iPhone with the new data for our cruise! Awesome! :-)

Hi all!
We are thinking of doing a private excursion on Grand Cayman...there's a private boat charter that is limited to 8 people. If we go, would another family be interested in coming and sharing the cost? There are four of us, so there is room for 4 more. They would make two stops. I was thinking sting rays and snorkeling...its 2 1/2 hours and they handle transportation. It's $450, so $225 for two families...

Hello. So excited that our cruise is so close. This will be our third Disney Cruise. The two previous cruises were when my son was 9 and 13. This year he is almost 25! This ought to be a different experience for the 3 of us since he is an adult. My husband and I took a Carnival one a few years ago and it just did not compare to Disney, so when we started talking about going on another cruise, there was no other choice. We originally talked about a 4-night in October, but when my guys saw Star Wars....well, needless to say it didn't take much convincing for me to agree to a 7-night. Lol. Anyone on here going with (or have gone without) kids? Kind of wondering if there are going to be other "kids" my sons age to hang with.

I just booked. I will be just my son and I. My other son has a different school vacation week. We are looking forward to the Star Wars day at Sea. We love DCL...this will be my 31st DCL.

I just booked. I will be just my son and I. My other son has a different school vacation week. We are looking forward to the Star Wars day at Sea. We love DCL...this will be my 31st DCL.

Wow!!! I am so impressed with the number of DCL cruises you've taken! They should give you a special "diamond" lanyard for that! Or something that's sparkly and lights up - don't you think? I keep wondering if my family or I will ever get bored of DCL, but so far not. So great to hear from someone who still must have a good time even after multiple cruises!

Hello,

My name is Gedaliah and I think this will be my 18th Disney Cruise. I have been on every ship except the Fantasy. I am in Cabin 7024 Fwd and look forward to the final Star Wars Day at Sea cruise. I haven't been able to find anyone that can go with me (even though the cabin is fully paid for.... Hahaha) but I'm still hopeful.

I will be celebrating my 50th Birthday. LOVE Disney and Star Wars so this will be exponentially fun! I'm looking forward to participating in the Fish Extender group as this is my first time. It seems GREAT! I'll be at the parks a few days before and a few days after the cruise for a nice Disney Sandwich of FUN! It also buyers the sadness of getting off the ship which is as sad as a funeral. :-) LOL

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

Gedaliah

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter