• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Fantasy April 16, 2016 7-Day Caribbean Cruise Meet

Hi everyone! I am stupid excited for this cruise. We went on our first cruise when our eldest was just turning 2 (now 7), and I've been dreaming about a follow up ever since. Finally put my foot down when I heard about the Star Wars cruises and told my husband "we're going!" I booked us right then. LOL This time, our youngest will join us (he'll be 5) and my Mom is coming along too.

{content edited by a moderator to comply with the board rules - please see the sticky: http://www.disboards.com/threads/important-disney-cruise-meet-threads-please-read.3298909/}

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Everyone - my family is booked for this cruise - our 2nd Disney Cruise. We did our first last year - the 4 night to Bahamas. We are so excited for this one - more time and Star Wars Day. We would love to do the FE again this cruise - how do we get signed up? Thanks!! Allison

I can't wait for this cruise! It will be our first one. My husband and son (6) will be going. We are huge Star Wars fans so couldn't resist booking this!

Hello all :wave2:

Just booked this cruise while we were on the New Year's Eve Cruise party: on the Wonder. Just booked our Spa times, and Remy dining. Not sure which excursions we may or may not do yet.

My wife (CaptJackFan) will probably be on here sometime soon, looking for Fish Extender information.

We also have 2 boys, ages 13 and 15 at sailing.

Hello all :wave2:

Just booked this cruise while we were on the New Year's Eve Cruise party: on the Wonder. Just booked our Spa times, and Remy dining. Not sure which excursions we may or may not do yet.

My wife (CaptJackFan) will probably be on here sometime soon, looking for Fish Extender information.

We also have 2 boys, ages 13 and 15 at sailing.

Our cruise is now paid for and we have maid our Polo and Remy reservations, we also have placed our orders for the limited edition merchandise that will be sold for his cruise. we are still working on our shore excursions. Chris is a very big SW fan and is really excited. Can someone please post a link to the Fe information I am not very computer savey and am having trouble finding any information. We also upgraded our cabin to a veranda on deck 9, I didn't really care as long as we had an outside room but Michelle really likes to sit out on veranda and read. I can read anywhere and I like to go up to the adults only area and do my reading. April 16 is just over 3 months away and I am getting excited. We will be flying in to Orlando on the 14th and making a stop at Carlos Bakery on the way to Port Canaveral. On Friday the 15th we will be touring the Kennedy Space Center, we will not be stopping at the parks this time but that is ok as we were there for my granddaughters 16th and 21st birthdays in Oct.

We were recently told we'd be sailing on this cruise on April 16th! My son is 5 years old and was diagnosed with leukemia in March of 2015. Going on the "Mickey Boat with Star Wars" was his "wish." Make a Wish is sending our family (me, wife, son 5, son 3, and daughter 2). It will be our first Disney cruise, but my wife and I have been regular cruisers with Royal Caribbean in the past. We're also DVC members and regular Disney visitors. My in-laws will be joining us in their own room, and they too have never sailed on Disney before. They aren't "Disney" people, but I think they're excited too!

We were recently told we'd be sailing on this cruise on April 16th! My son is 5 years old and was diagnosed with leukemia in March of 2015. Going on the "Mickey Boat with Star Wars" was his "wish." Make a Wish is sending our family (me, wife, son 5, son 3, and daughter 2). It will be our first Disney cruise, but my wife and I have been regular cruisers with Royal Caribbean in the past. We're also DVC members and regular Disney visitors. My in-laws will be joining us in their own room, and they too have never sailed on Disney before. They aren't "Disney" people, but I think they're excited too!

I am very excited you will be joining the cruise! I think you're going to love sailing with Disney - and so much for the kids to do. My in-laws joined us the last time we cruised, and they aren't "Disney" people either, but immediately wanted to re-book once they left the ship! They loved the service and the activities, and they enjoyed having the relaxation time.

I am sorry that you are dealing with all the stress and doubts that come with a seriously sick child. I am praying that the prognosis is good, and that you'll ALL be able to enjoy this marvelous gift. Make a Wish is a great thing for the kids. It's so awesome that he picked this cruise as his wish - you'll treasure the memories forever!! My son had just turned 5 on his first cruise, and doesn't remember much about it, but since then, Disney cruising has been part of his life, and we, as the parents, have some fantastic memories from each cruise we've taken with him. You'll sure have your hands full with three youngsters, but keep an eye out for the open house times at the kids clubs, where you can all go as a family and take your 2-year-old so she can have a good time with her brothers.

Wishing you lots of joy and good health on this trip. Enjoy it!!

Thanks! He's doing FANTASTIC considering everything. He doesn't know yet, but when we can finally tell him, he's going to be a very excited little guy

Hello all! We have been looking at this cruise for awhile now, and today was the day to book. It is a 45th birthday celebration for my sister who has always been a major Star Wars fan. We were on the Wonder when The Force Awakens premeared and that was exciting. My parents are going too. Its my 9th Disney cruise and the 2nd time on the Fantasy.

Hello all. This is the cruise meet for the April 16, 2016 7-Day Western Caribbean cruise aboard the Fantasy. Welcome aboard!

Hey there all! DVC members since 2008, Disney World 'veterans', and first time cruisers. Me, hubby and almost 12 year old son very excited for this cruise. First time on these boards so appreciate tips. How's the FEs work?

Welcome everyone!!!

Ajojo - DH and I are both also turning 45 this year - and while I like Star Wars just fine, my husband is an uber fan. I hope you all enjoy the cruise as much as your past cruises (it is our 6th).

Kristidem - Hi! I hope you enjoy your first cruise. They are so fun and relaxing - very different from the parks, and we are also veterans - but I would prefer a cruise over the parks if given a choice. :) I can't share much about fish extenders here... not sure if anyone has set up an exchange if you are a participant on these boards only. We have a 14 year old son who will have the choice of going between both the Edge (11 - 14 club) and Vibe (14-17 club), but I can tell you that he loved, loved, loved Edge during our last two cruises. We could barely get him out of there. Lots of video games, scavenger hunts, quiz games, boys vs. girls stuff - all items that boys that age tend to love!!

Kristidem, if you need more information for your son about the Edge, I will be happy to give you more insight. Most important, he really needs to be there the first night when they do the icebreaker activities. He'll meet friends and be much more likely to enjoy his time there. What other help or tips would you like? I'm always so excited to help out a first-time cruiser!

- Leslie

Hi everyone! I have a Serenity Cabana booked but prefer a Family Cabana. If anyone has a Family Cabana but wants a Serenity Cabana, let me know so we can trade Thank you! :)

Hi All! I am so excited to go on this cruise!! This is my 3rd Disney Cruise! I have just learned about the FE and would like more information on joining in on the fun. I just need to know the details. I am hoping it isn't too overwhelming to do! My DH and I will be celebrating our 20 year anniversary and traveling with our DS17 and DD15 turning 16 on the cruise! Thanks for any info you can give!
:tinker:

Any help on finding a FE group that would be greatly appreciated! Its my families first cruise and i have an 11 and 9 year old that would like to do this. thanks

Sorry can't help with the FE (looking for it myself) just checking in. Ours will be an adult only cruise, my daughter her partner and myself. This will be our 7th Disney cruise and the first on the Fantasy. We are really looking forward to sailing on the Fantasy. We have made our dinning reservations at Polo and Remy, and booked our shore excursions. Since we our not planning any early morning activities that we will send a little time in the clubs this time. Our last Disney cruise was to Alaska and early mornings limited our late nights. We have only 68 days left until we sail, and 66 days until we leave home to fly to Orlando. We plan on visiting the space center on Friday. Is any one else going to do this?

Any help on finding a FE group that would be greatly appreciated! Its my families first cruise and i have an 11 and 9 year old that would like to do this. thanks
It appears there is no Fish Extender group organized here on DISboards. Certainly there are other websites that have groups, but they are not DISboards FE groups. And links/search directions cannot be posted here (or via private conversations) to those groups. If you want a FE group here on DISboards, someone needs to step up and say "I'll maintain the FE list".

Otherwise, there will be no group here.

Hello Everyone! My husband and I will be going on this cruise and we're so excited! This is our 3rd Disney cruise, but our first long one, and therefore also first time on the Fantasy! If and when a FE group gets started, we would love to join!

Hi everyone! We can't wait to set sail--first cruise EVER! Myself, hubby, and 2 daughters, ages 7 & 9. We'll be welcoming home my sweet husband from a long 7 month overseas deployment. Excited

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter