Disney Fantasy 7 night Western Caribbean July 18, 2020

scrapbookjulie

Mouseketeer
Hi, everyone! Excited for our 5th cruise on July 18, 2020. It's our second time on the Fantasy. It will be myself, DH, DD (18) and her friend (18). DD and her friend will be celebrating their high school graduation. DH and I will be celebrating our 23rd Anniversary on July 19.

We'll be sailing concierge because I LOVE the cabanas on Castaway! Already looking into excursions for the other stops. Considering the Passion Island/Twister excursion in Cozumel, the Sea Trek Helmet Dive in Grand Cayman, and the Dunns Falls/Bobsled excursion in Jamaica. Would love to hear any feedback on those!

Who are you sailing with?

We are going too. Will be our 3rd on DCL, 3rd on Fantasy, and 7th overall. It will be me, DH, and DS (14 at the time).

We did the Dunns Falls/Bobsled in August 2017. It's a one and done. However, DH and I did the falls on our honeymoon too. It's fun but very active and kind of stressful. People get hurt all the time, because you are walking up a slippery, slimy waterfall. I was constantly worried that one of us would slide the whole way down, hitting every hard, sharp point along the way. It definitely makes memories. The bus ride is pretty long too. I remember standing around for a long time waiting for our turn. There were a ton of ships on the island that day, so it was really crowded. Ships that dock at Falmouth get there later, and the crowds have already formed. Ocho Rios is much closer, so those ships get there earlier. On our honeymoon, the vendors at the end were extremely aggressive. They didn't even bother hassling people last time. They recommend water shoes, and you can bring your own or rent them at the falls. I think we just wore our Keens water sandals. I don't want to discourage you from doing it, but I think you should know what to expect. We have been to Jamaica several times now and will probably stay on the ship. Although, the artificial port at Falmouth has a Margaritaville and some cute souvenirs. You won't see real Jamaican culture there, but it is safe, friendly, and close.

We haven't done the other excursions you listed. We always do the Reef & Kittywake Snorkel in Cayman. We were supposed to do the Secret River one on 2017, but we missed Cozumel due to a tropical storm. An extra sea day was fine with us though. So, I think we will try to do it again, if they are letting cruise passengers on the ferry. At some point, they stopped due to explosives, but I think they are allowing it again for a while now.

I forgot to talk about the bobsled part. That was actually the best part of the Jamaica excursion. It was a blast. There's a recent review on Disney Cruise Line blog when they did it last month. The bus trip is 1 hour each way though:(

Good evening,
Friends have already booked this cruise and we are considering joining. It would be me, my husband, and our two kids. At the time of the cruise our daughter will be 11 and our son will be 9. I have never cruised before which is probably shocking since I have lived in Miami, Florida all my life.

Good evening,
Friends have already booked this cruise and we are considering joining. It would be me, my husband, and our two kids. At the time of the cruise our daughter will be 11 and our son will be 9. I have never cruised before which is probably shocking since I have lived in Miami, Florida all my life.

This will be our 3rd time to do this itinerary on Fantasy. We have enjoyed it a lot. Our son has loved the kids and preteen club. I think he will be in the teen club by then😮

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter