Disney Dream vs Disney Fantasy

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by MrsBergs, May 14, 2019.

1. MrsBergs

MrsBergs Mouseketeer

So we are currently booked on the Disney Fantasy for a 3 night in September 2020. We are debating on switching to the 4 night Disney Dream leaving a couple days after.
    Thoughts please. This will be our first Disney cruise.

Thank you!

2. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS veteran

I'm always in the "longer is better" camp - so 4 nights is better than 3.

The Dream & Fantasy are sister ships, so fairly similar in layout. Can't go wrong with either.

TrishaK, darnheather, DisneYE and 2 others like this.
  3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor Let Dreams Unlimited Travel plan your perfect Disney vacation!

4. lklgoodman

lklgoodman DIS Veteran

Ditto^^^

Club Disney Chandler likes this.
  5. tlprice

tlprice DIS Veteran

My daughter and I prefer the Dream to the Fantasy. It doesn't have the aft vibrations. My daughter loves the Infinity room in Oceaneers on the Dream (they don't have that on the Fantasy).

pixiedustedme likes this.
  6. Club Disney Chandler

Club Disney Chandler DIS Veteran

I would switch, not because of the ship but because of the extra day. Sea days are awesome.

7. Marc D

Marc D DIS Veteran

The room will probably leave during the next drydock, the game not being produced anymore.

I would also go for Dream in this situation. The B&B show is better than Aladdin and everything else is pretty much the same.

FigmentSpark likes this.
  8. Trera

Trera DIS Veteran

Both are amazing ships. One more vote for more days.

9. Donna M

Donna M DIS Veteran

Go for the extra day.

10. daisyx3

daisyx3 DIS Veteran

I'd go for the extra day. We did a 3 night Fantasy last July to get our grand slam. Although it is a beautiful ship (and we are sailing her next year for 7 nights) it seemed like it started and then it was over! Since the ships and itinerary are very similar, I'd go with the Dream.

11. Minniemouse37

Minniemouse37 Earning My Ears

I agree go for the 4 night...the extra day at sea will give you more time to relax and enjoy the ship. Plus the Dream has Beauty and the Beast which I’ve heard is amazing. We sailed on the Dream in 2016 before it was added...it was our first Disney Cruise and absolutely blew us away. We love the Fantasy too but I’d definitely switch if you can for the extra day.

12. runskyhy

runskyhy It's not less monkey, it's Moe Monkey!

If you are interested in the differences between the two ships, here's what I am aware of:

diff1.jpg

CORRECTION 16 May 2019: The Dream also has the Muppets MSDA mystery. Thanks, @Trera!

More dining options are offered at Remy's for a 4-night cruise, too. In addition to the dinner and Champagne Brunch, a Petites Assiettes meal is available the first evening of 4-night or longer cruises. Also, the Pompidou's Patisseries Dessert Experience is available only on sea days.

If any of this is incorrect, I hope others will speak up here and let us all know. (I haven't been on the Fantasy in a few years.) Have a great cruise!

Last edited: May 16, 2019 at 7:56 AM
    Anchors Away 2016 and jessicag13 like this.
  13. Pkltm

Pkltm Canadian Mouse Girl

We have done both ships, loved them both, preferred different things on each, but I would do the 4 day, to me the extra day is the way to go.

14. MrsBergs

MrsBergs Mouseketeer

Thank you all for your responses. We have a hold on the dream on a extended balcony.

FigmentSpark likes this.
  15. darnheather

darnheather DIS Veteran

Aladdin is being reimagined.

16. lklgoodman

lklgoodman DIS Veteran

OP isn't cruising until next Sept. 2020. Aladdin is suppose to be back later this month.

pixiedustedme likes this.
  17. pixiedustedme

pixiedustedme Planning is half the fun

I'd base it on which has shows I haven't seen. If you haven't sailed on either, I prefer Dream, which still has a family pool deck hot tub. Also, the Dream doesn't have the Fantasy's aft vibration issues. Both are good ships & very similar.

18. Trera

Trera DIS Veteran

Dream also has Muppets for midship detective.

19. sunmoon620

sunmoon620 Mouseketeer

Aladdin will return by the end of this month. Personally the Dream is my favorite ship, only because I like the adult section better. I prefer the Fantasy only because of the longer cruises. With that being said I would definitely go for the longer cruise. 3 nights is too short.

I won't go into why we won't take shorter cruises. It will just start a firestorm on here.

20. darnheather

darnheather DIS Veteran

Yes but the person I was quoting was saying that some show was better than Aladdin and I was commenting that you can't know that it will be in the future.

21. MrsBergs

MrsBergs Mouseketeer

Thank you for all your responses, we booked the 4 night on the dream cabin number 9672.