Disney Dream Report from 10-20/24 - Advice for Remy!!

nbfisk

Earning My Ears
We had a wonderful trip aboard the Dream from 10/20-10/24 EXCEPT for our wine/alcohol experience at Remy.

Long story short - the sommelier was rude and extremely inattentive. (It all started when we politely declined the pairings he suggested and wanted to order bottles and glasses of wine for each course.) In fact, my wife and I ended up having to share her glass of wine during our main course and it was in the middle of the next course before we requested him (again) and he finally made an appearance. Quite poor form all around.

Here's the advice: go to the bar situated between Remy and Palo the afternoon before your meal and request the wine menu and the evening menu. Make your bottle and glass selections and then enjoy your meal later! When the sommelier makes his grand entrance, let him know that you have pre-selected your wine choices. And if you need help - use the bar staff - they were far more helpful than the sommelier.

Nathan Fisk (nbfisk@gmail.com)

We had a wonderful trip aboard the Dream from 10/20-10/24 EXCEPT for our wine/alcohol experience at Remy.

Long story short - the sommelier was rude and extremely inattentive. (It all started when we politely declined the pairings he suggested and wanted to order bottles and glasses of wine for each course.) In fact, my wife and I ended up having to share her glass of wine during our main course and it was in the middle of the next course before we requested him (again) and he finally made an appearance. Quite poor form all around.

Here's the advice: go to the bar situated between Remy and Palo the afternoon before your meal and request the wine menu and the evening menu. Make your bottle and glass selections and then enjoy your meal later! When the sommelier makes his grand entrance, let him know that you have pre-selected your wine choices. And if you need help - use the bar staff - they were far more helpful than the sommelier.

Good advice. We thought the CM's (wait staff, etc) were very pretentious on the Dream 2013 NY eve cruise. Loved our Palo dinner, though.

DH and I ate at Remy when we were on the Dream last month. We loved the food and our server (Sylvain), but we had a similar experience with the sommelier. We also politely declined the pairings and chose instead to order by the glass. The sommelier quickly turned up his nose and walked away from the table, never to be seen again. We asked our server for his input re: the by-the-glass wines and the port DH ordered after dinner. Frankly, I was glad the sommelier didn't come back. I think we had a more pleasant experience without him!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter